F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Donald Leblanc
Main Platform: PC

Re: S11 Sign-Up | Information | Rewards Store

Post by LAcadien » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 am

This is the speed test results of DeadZero. He cant acces the forum, password problem so i post this for him.

http://beta.speedtest.net/fr/result/6456001443

http://beta.speedtest.net/fr/result/6456013922
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]
World Constructors Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) [F1 2013]

World Drivers Championship S7 D3 (Scuderia Ferrari) [F1 2014]

VeXSocks
Great Britain
Full Name: Jonathan Curtis

Post by VeXSocks » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am

Hello showing my ping, THREE consecutive as asked.

Cya guys Wednesday  ;)
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Thanks L'Acadien.

Also, I wonder if there's a mod to have a dedicated server run off someone's computer.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:41 pm

I know you guys talked about it before, but will there ever be a move to a more central us location for the host location. Im moving to the west coast in a couple of weeks.
0 x

Darklol
Director
Canada
Full Name: Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID: 98369

Post by Darklol » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Speedtest location will be more centralized that's what I posted. Host is normally one of the organisers.

Don't worry moving west, I've raced weemageeno3 long enough in F1 2014 and again this year and never had any issues driving and battling with him. He's west coast too.

Deadzero, sadly there's nothing for dedicated servers. Codemasters won't bother making those either so for ultimate online experience it's iRacing. They have the best online infrastructure for online racing. pCars and Assetto Corsa are pretty good too since we can make dedicated servers. The F1 mods for Assetto looks pretty good too.
0 x

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Matthew Puleo

Post by AtomicTurtle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:11 am

Darklol wrote:They have the best online infrastructure for online racing. pCars and Assetto Corsa are pretty good too since we can make dedicated servers. The F1 mods for Assetto looks pretty good too.
Have you guys thought about testing an F1 league in Assetto Corsa with the mods? I think that would be pretty cool if we could get it to work. More realistic physics and stuff.
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:25 am

AtomicTurtle wrote:
Darklol wrote:They have the best online infrastructure for online racing. pCars and Assetto Corsa are pretty good too since we can make dedicated servers. The F1 mods for Assetto looks pretty good too.
Have you guys thought about testing an F1 league in Assetto Corsa with the mods? I think that would be pretty cool if we could get it to work. More realistic physics and stuff.
I would have some interest in that for sure.  The problem is so many new games are also about to come out in the next few months, its going to be hard to choose which league to race in!
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm making my way into iRacing. Just bought a 3 month trial that came with the new Ford GT 2017 for $12. I used a promo code so i know after three months itll cost way more. So far did one drop in race and its actually really fun. Crashes dont happen as often as in this game but i liked the idea of you getting rewarded just by being clean and finishing instead of pushing for first. I'm hoping F1 2017 will be much better for online racing because I like the structure of the game.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:37 pm

If there was an iRacing league in the Dalara (indycars) then i would definetly be interested in doing that. Its just currently im not a fan of the cars being used currently.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:27 pm

We had a Dallara oval series and it was not successfull, maybe we could study the road side of the dallara for this autumn!
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Matthew Puleo

Post by AtomicTurtle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:51 pm

I would be interested in the Indy for iracing, but I don't have the money right now for that game.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:51 pm

jeromef1 wrote: We had a Dallara oval series and it was not successfull, maybe we could study the road side of the dallara for this autumn!
Yea i saw that before. I would have joined but i could not make the day it was being raced on. Also i believe we should do what Indy does normally. I feel the most fun thing to do would be a mix of both road and oval circuits. That way everyone gets to race in their favorite type of track at sometime during the season.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm

Maybe have the schedule match what you get for free with membership so we don't have to buy anything extra, yeah?

Also the Global Mazda car is fun and easy to drive. Comes as a rookie car and I see many free tracks that would make this car fun, even on oval tracks.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 pm

I'd really be fine with any car as long as it has a good amount of downforce. Im not very interested in the Global Mazda. Im not a fan of the really low downforce cars in iRacing. Some cars that I really would like to race would be one of the IndyCars, Formula Renault or maybe even the C7 Daytona. 

edit: Porsche GT3 Cup cars would also be fun
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:16 am

Zephyr wrote:
jeromef1 wrote: We had a Dallara oval series and it was not successfull, maybe we could study the road side of the dallara for this autumn!
Yea i saw that before. I would have joined but i could not make the day it was being raced on. Also i believe we should do what Indy does normally. I feel the most fun thing to do would be a mix of both road and oval circuits. That way everyone gets to race in their favorite type of track at sometime during the season.
It was on Wednesday night, same night as APCC :P  The championship fall because we had a few unreliable drivers and they were not there seriously... well long story. In that championship, we had 9 ovals and 3 road circuits. At the first road circuit, they were only 3 on tracks. So a lot signed up only for the oval which is why I've cancelled that championship. So I would say that if we are doing it again, we will go with mainly road course.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 am

DEADZERO wrote: Maybe have the schedule match what you get for free with membership so we don't have to buy anything extra, yeah?

Also the Global Mazda car is fun and easy to drive. Comes as a rookie car and I see many free tracks that would make this car fun, even on oval tracks.
We used to have what we called the Base Championship, but we have had to add paid content because after 8 seasons, peoples were tired of running the base content :P
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am

Zephyr wrote: I'd really be fine with any car as long as it has a good amount of downforce. Im not very interested in the Global Mazda. Im not a fan of the really low downforce cars in iRacing. Some cars that I really would like to race would be one of the IndyCars, Formula Renault or maybe even the C7 Daytona. 

If you like downforce, try the new Ferrari GTE! A lot of downforce and really fun to drive! We also have a championship running in this car on Tuesday night!
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:10 pm

jeromef1 wrote:
DEADZERO wrote: Maybe have the schedule match what you get for free with membership so we don't have to buy anything extra, yeah?

We used to have what we called the Base Championship, but we have had to add paid content because after 8 seasons, peoples were tired of running the base content :P
Should continue it to bring in more people to iRacing and then those who are bored of it can't buy new content and go to another championship. I'd do that but I want to get a feel for iRacing first.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Yeah sure maybe we will start it again in the future, but actually, we have 3 iRacing championship, and if we are going with the base and an Indy Car champ, we will have 5 championships which is too much :P
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:05 pm

jeromef1 wrote:
Zephyr wrote: I'd really be fine with any car as long as it has a good amount of downforce. Im not very interested in the Global Mazda. Im not a fan of the really low downforce cars in iRacing. Some cars that I really would like to race would be one of the IndyCars, Formula Renault or maybe even the C7 Daytona. 

If you like downforce, try the new Ferrari GTE! A lot of downforce and really fun to drive! We also have a championship running in this car on Tuesday night!
I dont have a problem with that car or championship but i already compete in the Assetto Corsa GT3 Championship. Its very similar to that. I like doing championships in different types of cars. It keeps it interesting. Thats why if we did Indy i would definetly race in it
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”