Round 7: Canada - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (12Jul17 @ 9pm EDT)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
Holes
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Chris Pangborn
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 7: Canada - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (12Jul17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by Holes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:49 pm

FYI - I am going to miss this race and the next. I will be out of town with the family. Anyone is welcome to take my seat at Williams. I will be back for the 7/26/17 race.
Thanks
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:07 pm

ok thanks for telling us !
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

V6onyourtail
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Kane

Post by V6onyourtail » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:15 am

Looks like I won't be able to make it. My PSU is giving me problems, so I'm sending it into Corsair. I don't know how long they will take to get me a new one, but I will keep admin up to date. Good luck to you all.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Wohoooooo! It's finally race day. Been waiting all week for this. U don't realize how much fun this league is until you don't have it for a week. Pumped to race today
0 x

VeXSocks
Great Britain
Full Name: Jonathan Curtis

Post by VeXSocks » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Missed Monaco so it's been real long time to see you bunch again, will be good! #TeamBossman
0 x

V6onyourtail
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Kane

Post by V6onyourtail » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:45 pm

V6onyourtail wrote: Looks like I won't be able to make it.  My PSU is giving me problems, so I'm sending it into Corsair.  I don't know how long they will take to get me a new one, but I will keep admin up to date.  Good luck to you all.
Update.....It "appears" as if this may not take as long as I thought.  Just an FYI for those who have Corsair products on their computers, and you need to return them for a replacement.  Corsair will charge you a 10% surcharge since the day you bought the product you are returning.  Moreover, it is 10% for every year since the date of purchase :o   Thank God my purchase was "5 days" less than one year at the time I requested and Corsair approved my RMA:)   
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:12 pm

The race could not have gotten ANY f****** worse than it did. I qualify 6th and manage to make my way up to 3rd after some mistakes from the guys up front. I pitted to undercut the guy in 1st after the guy in 2nd pitted in. Then when im working my way thru the field i get taken out by a driver who does not know how mirrors work and he just turned into me. After that i have a red front wing but after a few laps i realize i'm better off pitting cause i will lose less time because there are 18 laps left. Then after a driver makes a mistake at the hairpin i get along side him (on the inside) before turn 12 and he turns in on me, again damaging my front wing (to yellow at least). Im still have MUCH better place than the people on the bottom half of the top 10. Im gaining on the guy in 8th by 1+ seconds a lap AND THEN . . . . . . MY GAME CRASHES. WHY WAS I EXCITED FOR THIS RACE!!!!  :evil: :x
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:04 pm

Zephyr wrote: The race could not have gotten ANY f****** worse than it did. I qualify 6th and manage to make my way up to 3rd after some mistakes from the guys up front. I pitted to undercut the guy in 1st after the guy in 2nd pitted in. Then when im working my way thru the field i get taken out by a driver who does not know how mirrors work and he just turned into me. After that i have a red front wing but after a few laps i realize i'm better off pitting cause i will lose less time because there are 18 laps left. Then after a driver makes a mistake at the hairpin i get along side him (on the inside) before turn 12 and he turns in on me, again damaging my front wing (to yellow at least). Im still have MUCH better place than the people on the bottom half of the top 10. Im gaining on the guy in 8th by 1+ seconds a lap AND THEN . . . . . . MY GAME CRASHES. WHY WAS I EXCITED FOR THIS RACE!!!!  :evil: :x
That's too bad because you were right behind me the entire first stint.  Hopefully your luck will change next week!
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Yea, i went from fighting for a podium to fighting for any points at all. At least im pretty fast in Baku. My best TT time is a 1:40.9 which is top 300 on leaderboard. If my luck changes, i might be able to get a 2nd podium next week
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Zephyr wrote: The race could not have gotten ANY f****** worse than it did. I qualify 6th and manage to make my way up to 3rd after some mistakes from the guys up front. I pitted to undercut the guy in 1st after the guy in 2nd pitted in. Then when im working my way thru the field i get taken out by a driver who does not know how mirrors work and he just turned into me. After that i have a red front wing but after a few laps i realize i'm better off pitting cause i will lose less time because there are 18 laps left. Then after a driver makes a mistake at the hairpin i get along side him (on the inside) before turn 12 and he turns in on me, again damaging my front wing (to yellow at least). Im still have MUCH better place than the people on the bottom half of the top 10. Im gaining on the guy in 8th by 1+ seconds a lap AND THEN . . . . . . MY GAME CRASHES. WHY WAS I EXCITED FOR THIS RACE!!!!  :evil: :x
Zephyr, I didn't turn into you.  Below is the video of our crash.  I try to stay to the left to give you room.  I have to turn to the right just a tiny bit to stay on the track into the braking zone.  At the moment of impact my wheel is straight (if not turned to the left just a bit).  After I get hit, I bounce off the wall and back into you, which is when you get spun.  We both had broken wings from this incident, but luckily we could continue.  I'm sorry your game crashed.  That happened to me on the second lap at Spain and it stinks.
0 x

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Donald Leblanc

Post by LAcadien » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Good video, love the slow motion option
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]
World Constructors Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) [F1 2013]

World Drivers Championship S7 D3 (Scuderia Ferrari) [F1 2014]

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm

I think lag must of had a factor in the first contact. On my screen, you are behind me completely and hit my rear tire with ur wing, but in ur video u hit my sidepod with ur wheel. From my pov it looked like a mistake on ur part but I guess it wasnt. Hopefully f1 2017 fixes the desync of f1 2016.
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:31 am

Zephyr wrote: I think lag must of had a factor in the first contact. On my screen, you are behind me completely and hit my rear tire with ur wing, but in ur video u hit my sidepod with ur wheel. From my pov it looked like a mistake on ur part but I guess it wasnt. Hopefully f1 2017 fixes the desync of f1 2016.
Don't hold your breathe :P
0 x
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Here is my race recap.  It starts with my qualifying lap.  It shows some good battles with Darklol and wwmayhem, my crashes, and making a 1 stop strategy work with 20 laps on the supersofts and a yellow wing.  Enjoy.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 pm

piboye's video is a perfect example of why you should keep more room between each other. In real life, it's possible to cleanly pass someone when youre really close to each other but clearly not possible in this game. Being that close can cause things like this. I'd say as a rule of thumb, try to keep half the width of a car between you and the driver next to you. This is the result of racing closely.

I found a video on youtube showing when you should and shouldn't go for an overtake. Most people go for an overtake when they see an opening and are going faster but that doesn't mean its safe.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:33 pm

I would have like to see Zephyr's view on this one
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

SheaB
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Shea Blumauer

Post by SheaB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:54 pm

patlessard wrote: I would have like to see Zephyr's view on this one
I have seen both perspectives and from what i saw neither driver turned in on one another, I believe it was a desync issue  
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Forgot to post my Canada highlights so here they are:
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:56 am

nickthequick wrote:
Zephyr wrote: I think lag must of had a factor in the first contact. On my screen, you are behind me completely and hit my rear tire with ur wing, but in ur video u hit my sidepod with ur wheel. From my pov it looked like a mistake on ur part but I guess it wasnt. Hopefully f1 2017 fixes the desync of f1 2016.
Don't hold your breathe :P
THERE IS HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (go to 3:20)
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”