nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Re: S11 Sign-Up | Information | Rewards Store

Post by nickthequick » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:39 pm

yeah I just looked up your provider, it is nice that your city helps keep the cable providers honest because i think that the prices are way too high, especially after the 1st year expires, then it goes up by like $50.
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

V6onyourtail
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Kane

Post by V6onyourtail » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:36 am

jeromef1 wrote:
Are you on Wifi or Wired?
WiFi, and it is very stable. 1ms jitter. at most!  Yes I know my download speed is nothing like everyone else's.  BUT, I have the same connection I have always had all the way back to the end of the PRL 2013 season.  Other than a couple very small issues this year, I have not had any problems lag. My connection is just fine for now.  I do not use a Steam new York server!  I use the Seattle server which brings my PING down to 32ms and Jitter to 1ms.  However, we are supposed to be getting fiber optic gigabyte service through TING very soon for about 89.00 per month.  Yep, it will be expensive but I will get it nevertheless.   I'm not really allowed to use my internet in my hospital room so I'm getting off now so I don't get caught.  What did you end up doing last night?  Here is the article talking about the when's and what's regarding out internet upgrade: http://www.fiercetelecom.com/telecom/ting-sets-sandpoint-idaho-as-its-next-1-gbps-broadband-target
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:59 am

V6onyourtail wrote:
jeromef1 wrote:
Are you on Wifi or Wired?
WiFi, and it is very stable. 1ms jitter. at most!  Yes I know my download speed is nothing like everyone else's.  BUT, I have the same connection I have always had all the way back to the end of the PRL 2013 season.  Other than a couple very small issues this year, I have not had any problems lag. My connection is just fine for now.  I do not use a Steam new York server!  I use the Seattle server which brings my PING down to 32ms and Jitter to 1ms.  However, we are supposed to be getting fiber optic gigabyte service through TING very soon for about 89.00 per month.  Yep, it will be expensive but I will get it nevertheless.   I'm not really allowed to use my internet in my hospital room so I'm getting off now so I don't get caught.  What did you end up doing last night?  Here is the article talking about the when's and what's regarding out internet upgrade: http://www.fiercetelecom.com/telecom/ting-sets-sandpoint-idaho-as-its-next-1-gbps-broadband-target
Wifi is very bad and provide unbalanced ping. Is it possible for you to be wired with your router? Yes your ping is under 100ms, but as we said since F1 2013, it is not recommended to play on wifi.

Even if you get fiber, if you're on Wifi, your ping will kind of be the same.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:42 am

I think that the issue is your upload V6.  That is very slow and that makes sense why I was getting the position of your car updated late and it was not where you were actually located on the track.

Like Jerome said wifi will give you an inconsistent ping but I think in your case sometimes there is probably too much data to upload and it is late in updating your position at times and I am sure that Codemasters is not doing you any favors either ;)
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

Megaman
Canada
Full Name: Martin Megaman

Post by Megaman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:23 am

If everything goes ok, i would like to race this wednesday at Canada.
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 am

Just be there we have some room !!
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

mckenzie
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: yvan barbin

Post by mckenzie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:18 pm

McKenzie
full time driver and yes Rules
0 x

mckenzie
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: yvan barbin

Post by mckenzie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:22 pm

0 x

wwmayhem
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Luis
iRacing ID: wwmayhem

Post by wwmayhem » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:41 pm

WWMAYHEM

0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica

Post by patlessard » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:52 am

Good !
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
All Time Podiums D4 (20)

Darklol
Director
Canada
Full Name: Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID: 98369

Post by Darklol » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Guys, we are missing speedtests to New York from :

Kevmanw430, Paul, Plasmaraider, Holes, VeXSocks, Weemageeno3, Tron4949, DEADZERO, Maj_ITGuy

Please make sure you post them before next race or you won't be able to race. 

Remember guys, we are trying to be fair with everyone. We had to remove drivers from this championship because of the lag so please submit those as soon as you can.

Note: We are using New York because we started with this one a while ago but we are looking into switching this for next season to have a more central point between East and West.
0 x

V6onyourtail
United States of America

Post by V6onyourtail » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:04 pm

nickthequick wrote: I think that the issue is your upload V6.  That is very slow and that makes sense why I was getting the position of your car updated late and it was not where you were actually located on the track.

Like Jerome said wifi will give you an inconsistent ping but I think in your case sometimes there is probably too much data to upload and it is late in updating your position at times and I am sure that Codemasters is not doing you any favors either ;)
Your message makes sense.  Currently, I am using a Ethernet connection from my router to my computer.  I have also noticed that other drivers in the Canadian GP were talking about the lag in that game, and I did not even drive in that race.  This sounds like a global issue in which the only remedy to the issue of lagging in game would be in Codemasters hands.  Thus, like you said, Codemasters is not doing any favors to anyone in that area, and the likelihood that they will try to improve the game regarding lag issues is less than none...I have not been to the Codemasters forum lately, so I don't know what the major complaints are for F1 2016, however I can only imagine that lag is up on the scale of things that need to be improved.
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica

Post by patlessard » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:01 pm

A sync issue and lag aren't the same
thing
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
All Time Podiums D4 (20)

Darklol
Director
Canada

Post by Darklol » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Yea let's be careful here guys.

Lag issue = Car spiking or ghosting. This means you see a car in your screen and suddenly he disappear because he wasn't actually there. The car will ghost either in front or behind you. We could still call this a synchronisation issue but this happens because of poor internet connections so that's why we call it lag issue.

Sync issue = Car clearly drives normally and you don't see it spiking or ghosting around but when a incident happens you can see two different versions of the incident. This is due to poor netcode (p2p), the game not being able to communicate the cars location on track accurately to all drivers.

There's a reason why we always keep saying please leave enough room when overtaking or if you are defending. As for Canada, I did not see anyone spiking or ghosting and I came back from last to P2.
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica

Post by patlessard » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:55 pm

thanks for the precisions
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
All Time Podiums D4 (20)

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Matthew Puleo

Post by AtomicTurtle » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Darklol wrote: Yea let's be careful here guys.

Lag issue = Car spiking or ghosting. This means you see a car in your screen and suddenly he disappear because he wasn't actually there. The car will ghost either in front or behind you. We could still call this a synchronisation issue but this happens because of poor internet connections so that's why we call it lag issue.

Sync issue = Car clearly drives normally and you don't see it spiking or ghosting around but when a incident happens you can see two different versions of the incident. This is due to poor netcode (p2p), the game not being able to communicate the cars location on track accurately to all drivers.

There's a reason why we always keep saying please leave enough room when overtaking or if you are defending. As for Canada, I did not see anyone spiking or ghosting and I came back from last to P2.
So what you are saying basically is that if there were dedicated servers, there wouldn't be any sync issues? Just curious.
0 x

V6onyourtail
United States of America

Post by V6onyourtail » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:59 pm

AtomicTurtle wrote:

So what you are saying basically is that if there were dedicated servers, there wouldn't be any sync issues? Just curious.
Thanks Dark for a good explanation. 
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:51 am

AtomicTurtle wrote:

There is no way to 100% get rid of desync no matter what unless you are playing at LAN. The problem is peer to peer only makes it worse and that is why it is noticeable. In games like Counter-Strike, where they have dedicated servers and good netcode, desync still exists but it is in the smallest of margins (a few milliseconds)
0 x

Darklol
Director
Canada

Post by Darklol » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:12 am

Well I think there will always be right. It's either coming from your low FPS, monitor refresh rate or even from input lag. Indeed it's all about milliseconds are barely noticeable. I remember my days playing Counter-Strike in leagues even if the LCDs were out I was still using my CRT monitor because of the refresh rate.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Once you play games like CS or racing games on a 144Hz, anything below 144 fps on any game looks terrible.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”