Round 4: Russia - Sochi Autodrom (14Jun17 @ 9pm EDT)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
Darklol
Director
Canada
Full Name: Marco Oliveira
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 98369

Re: Round 4: Russia - Sochi Autodrom (14Jun17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by Darklol » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:18 am

I want to add some information following last night race.

Some people were talking about restarting last night after V6 dropped and I think someone else dropped right after the start. Since we cannot do one shot qualifications to redo the starting grid and rolling starts now just gives your penalties for running too slow they were taken out of the rules for this game.

We then decided to try the Friend only lobby, which enables the drivers to rejoin when they lose connection but when someone would rejoin it would affect the host's and some drivers race by making their game lag or spike. Probably due to the many drivers this season have poor connection or are not in North America.

Previous race, we all discussed before the race in TeamSpeak that we were not going to make the lobby to friends only due to those lag issues and that if someone drops after someone has set a qualification lap we would not restart but if no time has been set in qualification and someone drops we would definitely restart for that driver.

Few points:
- Please make sure you are in TeamSpeak at least 10-15 minutes before the lobby session at 9PM EST.

- Make sure you read the rules: http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/ ... f=59&t=387

- Go into your Audio settings and enable push to talk in the game itself. Make sure to not use the same key for in-game talking. You can set the key in the customise controls under the wheel settings. It's not hard to test that with someone before the race, we have done 4 races so far this shouldn't be happening. If we need to get to the point where we start kicking people out of the lobby because they don't take the time to fix this or don't understand, we will !

- When editing the race strategies before the start, go into that menu and STAY there. Don't exit that menu, you don't need to. The organiser will make sure to start the race when everyone's ready. If we need to start giving race bans for that we will, this messes up some drivers race.

- Make sure you record your races to be able to submit stuff to the Stewards. There's no point in arguing in Teamspeak during the race. When someone takes you out if very frustrating I know but it's racing, not all drivers are at the same level, it could be lag, it could be sync issue. So please keep that for after the race if you need to discuss with the driver and submit the incident to the stewards.

Anyone who needs info or help with their game, we are always a bunch that stay in Teamspeak. Per example, if you don't know how to setup your in game push to talk properly, ask anyone and I'm pretty sure they will be glad to help.

This is still just a game and let's keep it clean and fun ! Thanks for everyone who is showing up for the races.
0 x

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany
Full Name: Jordan Johnson

Post by Plasmaraider » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:24 am

Zephyr wrote: Yo plasma, i think that last 10 sec penalty was kind of fair cause u had all 4 tires over the kerb. Also dude turn 7 just isnt ur corner XD
Yea, i get that, but it was all caused from my car breaking loose, i wouldnt have swung off if the car was going where i wanted it to
0 x
I once won a race...
World Constructors Championship S10 (Reanult) [F1 2016]

Darklol
Director
Canada

Post by Darklol » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:44 am

Plasmaraider wrote:
Zephyr wrote: Yo plasma, i think that last 10 sec penalty was kind of fair cause u had all 4 tires over the kerb. Also dude turn 7 just isnt ur corner XD
Yea, i get that, but it was all caused from my car breaking loose, i wouldnt have swung off if the car was going where i wanted it to
Yea but you could have avoid it by not making your car break loose  :P I also think it's a legit penalty. If it was something like you had to move out of the way for someone and got a penalty that would make more sense. Also to get a 10sec penalty that means you had multiple ones before that incident. This is the worse track on corner cutting penalties. Spain is way better !
0 x

V6onyourtail
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Kane

Post by V6onyourtail » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Darklol wrote:
V6onyourtail wrote: Did anyone get kicked from the game other than me?  I thought it could have been me that caused the game to freeze, but after I got the Steam error and was kicked, I could still hear people talking, and the game had not started yet, so I don't think it was me???  I hope everyone had a great race that got to race.
Hey V6, sadly it was only you when we were waiting on the grid. I knew this would happen because that's Codemasters. When the loading takes forever it's because of someone lagging out. I know I had Steam disconnect during the practice session before the race so it could be due to the Steam servers. That is what I hate about Steam, if your Steam drops out even if it's P2P in F1 games you still disconnect. 
Thanks for that explanation, I don't know much about Steam but it is a drag when it starts acting up.  It is strange though, the last time I was kicked from a game was back in 2014 in Russia (if you don't count all the times all of us were kicked off in F1 2015).  It would have been fun to race, it was such a sunny day:)
0 x

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany
Full Name: Jordan Johnson

Post by Plasmaraider » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Darklol wrote:
Plasmaraider wrote:
Yea but you could have avoid it by not making your car break loose  :P I also think it's a legit penalty. If it was something like you had to move out of the way for someone and got a penalty that would make more sense. Also to get a 10sec penalty that means you had multiple ones before that incident. This is the worse track on corner cutting penalties. Spain is way better !
Understood but it wasent a penalty for warnings it was straight up just exceeding limits when my car slide wide, i lost time on it too which is why i dont see why its a fair penalty
0 x
I once won a race...
World Constructors Championship S10 (Reanult) [F1 2016]

V6onyourtail
United States of America

Post by V6onyourtail » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:48 pm

Darklol wrote: I want to add some information following last night race.

Some people were talking about restarting last night after V6 dropped and I think someone else dropped right after the start. Since we cannot do one shot qualifications to redo the starting grid and rolling starts now just gives your penalties for running too slow they were taken out of the rules for this game.

We then decided to try the Friend only lobby, which enables the drivers to rejoin when they lose connection but when someone would rejoin it would affect the host's and some drivers race by making their game lag or spike. Probably due to the many drivers this season have poor connection or are not in North America.

Previous race, we all discussed before the race in TeamSpeak that we were not going to make the lobby to friends only due to those lag issues and that if someone drops after someone has set a qualification lap we would not restart but if no time has been set in qualification and someone drops we would definitely restart for that driver.

Few points:
- Please make sure you are in TeamSpeak at least 10-15 minutes before the lobby session at 9PM EST.

- Make sure you read the rules: http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/ ... f=59&t=387

- Go into your Audio settings and enable push to talk in the game itself. Make sure to not use the same key for in-game talking. You can set the key in the customise controls under the wheel settings. It's not hard to test that with someone before the race, we have done 4 races so far this shouldn't be happening. If we need to get to the point where we start kicking people out of the lobby because they don't take the time to fix this or don't understand, we will !

- When editing the race strategies before the start, go into that menu and STAY there. Don't exit that menu, you don't need to. The organiser will make sure to start the race when everyone's ready. If we need to start giving race bans for that we will, this messes up some drivers race.

- Make sure you record your races to be able to submit stuff to the Stewards. There's no point in arguing in Teamspeak during the race. When someone takes you out if very frustrating I know but it's racing, not all drivers are at the same level, it could be lag, it could be sync issue. So please keep that for after the race if you need to discuss with the driver and submit the incident to the stewards.

Anyone who needs info or help with their game, we are always a bunch that stay in Teamspeak. Per example, if you don't know how to setup your in game push to talk properly, ask anyone and I'm pretty sure they will be glad to help.

This is still just a game and let's keep it clean and fun ! Thanks for everyone who is showing up for the races.
Another Thank you for explaining the restart criteria,  I remember most of what was said prior to the last race, now that you have explained it again.  The only way we can do a restart is to do a running start, and that, depending on where the first DRS line is located on the start/finish straight-a-way can give some drivers in the front an advantage due to where the DRS line is located on some tracks.  It is not like Indy car racing running starts where everyone are already up to speed and running at high speeds when the green flag is waved.  Also, like you said Dark, any other option is not viable in this years game.  Are we going to continue this new restart procedure from now on? 
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Plasmaraider wrote:
Darklol wrote:
Plasmaraider wrote:

Understood but it wasent a penalty for warnings it was straight up just exceeding limits when my car slide wide, i lost time on it too which is why i dont see why its a fair penalty
I think that it is fair because it allowed you to continue your momentum even tho you had 'lost control' and gone off the track. The track limits are supposed to be like an invisible wall, they just arent walls for safety's sake
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:29 pm

I don't mean to put all reserve drivers into the same boat, I know some of them are good drivers (that would be an example of an approved reserved driver) heck, im new to some of you even though i have been in race leagues with some of you in the past and this is my first time in F1. But anyone thats new needs to get a "Verified Driver Certification Star" or something to ensure they know how to race in a league and not like its a random online session. Kind of like a mini test. Also i was recording but i wasnt looking behind me during that turn so my recording wouldn't be able to determine anything.

I BEG ALL OF YOU, please learn to keep your distance and not be aggressive in the first lap. I know most of you are great at this but some of you still don't learn that its important to brake early when you have a lot of cars entering a turn. I hope we can all learn this by the time we reach Monaco. That track has very little room for error and I want to see everyone stay in the race for that. If you see that a group of cars are going into a turn 2-wide, don't try to be the one that makes it 3-wide. If you want to take yourself out of the race by hitting a wall, okay do it, but don't involve anyone else.

Russia is one of my favourite tracks and I hate that I didnt get to race on it. Only thing i dont like about this track is the 10 second penalty you get on the Turn 18 exit. Didnt get a warning before but on the first lap I barely went wide but i undersand how sometimes it can give you an advantage to keep your pace up as previously explained. Wonder how many of you guys got that penalty, 10 seconds added to race time can move you from podium to out side of point position.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

V6onyourtail
United States of America

Post by V6onyourtail » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:51 pm

DEADZERO wrote: I don't mean to put all reserve drivers into the same boat, I know some of them are good drivers (that would be an example of an approved reserved driver) heck, im new to some of you even though i have been in race leagues with some of you in the past and this is my first time in F1. But anyone thats new needs to get a "Verified Driver Certification Star" or something to ensure they know how to race in a league and not like its a random online session. Kind of like a mini test. Also i was recording but i wasnt looking behind me during that turn so my recording wouldn't be able to determine anything.

I BEG ALL OF YOU, please learn to keep your distance and not be aggressive in the first lap. I know most of you are great at this but some of you still don't learn that its important to brake early when you have a lot of cars entering a turn. I hope we can all learn this by the time we reach Monaco. That track has very little room for error and I want to see everyone stay in the race for that. If you see that a group of cars are going into a turn 2-wide, don't try to be the one that makes it 3-wide. If you want to take yourself out of the race by hitting a wall, okay do it, but don't involve anyone else.

Russia is one of my favourite tracks and I hate that I didnt get to race on it. Only thing i dont like about this track is the 10 second penalty you get on the Turn 18 exit. Didnt get a warning before but on the first lap I barely went wide but i undersand how sometimes it can give you an advantage to keep your pace up as previously explained. Wonder how many of you guys got that penalty, 10 seconds added to race time can move you from podium to out side of point position.
Hey DEADZERO...Here is just a thought or two for you and anyone else.  Back when I first joined PRL in the later part of 2013, I had to qualify before I could race.  However, I don't think it was for the reason you are talking about, but anyone who joined back in those days had to qualify in order to determine what division we would be driving in.  There were four divisions,  The 1st Division was for NO assist drivers only, 2nd was for one or two assists allowed, etc. However, at that time we had enough drivers to fill all four divisions.  I don't think just qualifying every new driver, (or every driver) would serve the purpose of weeding out the potentially dangerous drivers now-a-days.  I think that admin is already on top of this issue.  If a single individual is causing a majority of the crashes in almost every race, and it could be proved through the use of video evidence, than admin would take action.  I believe that in the rules it is encouraged that every driver tape their races just in case you need to resolve an issue with the stewards, and to post them on the PRL web site for other drivers to see.  Anyhow, I think that upper admin are doing there best to take care of what you are talking about in your post.  Just make sure you record all your races, and that should be for everyone.  You never know when it will be needed......Just my two cents here:)
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:24 pm

DEADZERO wrote: I don't mean to put all reserve drivers into the same boat, I know some of them are good drivers (that would be an example of an approved reserved driver) heck, im new to some of you even though i have been in race leagues with some of you in the past and this is my first time in F1. But anyone thats new needs to get a "Verified Driver Certification Star" or something to ensure they know how to race in a league and not like its a random online session. Kind of like a mini test. Also i was recording but i wasnt looking behind me during that turn so my recording wouldn't be able to determine anything.

I don't think being a reserve changes anything since the only reason they are reserve is because they signed up too late ..
If you look at the stewards reports , only regular drivers got penalties and that includes you and me ....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:07 pm

patlessard wrote: ...... If you look at the stewards reports , only regular drivers got penalties and that includes you and me ....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ya, the penalty i got was because i entered the track after leaving it a bit too quick and pushed LAcadien which i didnt realize. I didn't think he was close to me on the track. Also my first race in F1 since i bought the game 3 days before that race. I was new but i still tried to drive fair and not be too aggressive.

Also, anyone interested in doing mid-week races? To get my racing fix in check. We can do it on random tracks or practice on an upcoming track. Just have a short qualifier and 25% race. Same PRL racing rules apply.

Im also interested in doing an Online Championship with AI cars if anyone wants to jump in on that. Add me on steam.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

Darklol
Director
Canada

Post by Darklol » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:39 pm

V6onyourtail wrote:Another Thank you for explaining the restart criteria,  I remember most of what was said prior to the last race, now that you have explained it again.  The only way we can do a restart is to do a running start, and that, depending on where the first DRS line is located on the start/finish straight-a-way can give some drivers in the front an advantage due to where the DRS line is located on some tracks.  It is not like Indy car racing running starts where everyone are already up to speed and running at high speeds when the green flag is waved.  Also, like you said Dark, any other option is not viable in this years game.  Are we going to continue this new restart procedure from now on? 
No problem V6 !

Sadly we cannot use the rolling restarts because when you drive to slow in the race you get penalties. That is why we stopped doing this too. One shot qualifying like we did in the past games is a pain to do with 22 drivers and with the time we are giving in a one shot qualification we won't have the time to do it.

For this game, the procedure is no restart unless there isn't any time set in qualification. For F1 2017, we will test the restart possibilities and will use the best one possible for sure. I've asked in the past for an option in the lobby were we could set the grid order that would be the best but unlikely to happen with Codemasters.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Let me first remind what we have added in the Rules, Settings, Points & Classification that everyone said they read when they signed up:

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE GAME IS VERY UNBALANCED REGARDING THE ASSISTS.
In example, TC helps a lot on start, outside the track and during wet race. The game is stable online, but it's not a simulator, we see it as a simcade. In favor to get a full grid, we are allowing all assists. You are free to use or not the assists. Please don't start any discussions, or do not blame another driver for using or not the assists. Everyone is free to use the assists they want.

With that said, not everyone have the same braking point and probably due to different assist they might use. It is always the responsibility of the car behind to control the gap and avoid any contacts. This is why it is SUPER important to record. Even if you are not looking back when the incident happen, you still have your mirror that stewards use to analyse the situation.

Yes the game is stable online, but it's still Codemasters game and a P2P game... so sync issue is possible.

It is important to understand and accept everything I've mentioned here if you want to have fun in this championship. If you can't manage to race considering those facts, I suggest you to switch to iRacing or Assetto Corsa.

Let's move on and hope a wonderful race at Spain!
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

V6onyourtail
United States of America

Post by V6onyourtail » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Darklol wrote:
V6onyourtail wrote:Another Thank you for explaining the restart criteria,  I remember most of what was said prior to the last race, now that you have explained it again.  The only way we can do a restart is to do a running start, and that, depending on where the first DRS line is located on the start/finish straight-a-way can give some drivers in the front an advantage due to where the DRS line is located on some tracks.  It is not like Indy car racing running starts where everyone are already up to speed and running at high speeds when the green flag is waved.  Also, like you said Dark, any other option is not viable in this years game.  Are we going to continue this new restart procedure from now on? 
No problem V6 !

Sadly we cannot use the rolling restarts because when you drive to slow in the race you get penalties. That is why we stopped doing this too. One shot qualifying like we did in the past games is a pain to do with 22 drivers and with the time we are giving in a one shot qualification we won't have the time to do it.

For this game, the procedure is no restart unless there isn't any time set in qualification. For F1 2017, we will test the restart possibilities and will use the best one possible for sure. I've asked in the past for an option in the lobby were we could set the grid order that would be the best but unlikely to happen with Codemasters.
Now that would be super cool if we could pre-set the grid order right in the lobby.  That makes more sense than any other option.  You said that you have asked in the past for an option in the lobby, so I take it that this has been brought up with Codemasters in their forum.  Did you get any reply? And if so, what was their excuse on why they can't do it, lol
0 x

V6onyourtail
United States of America

Post by V6onyourtail » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Few points:

There is one question I have.  I use GeForce Experience as my primary recording software, however I can't seem to be able to set it up so I can hear my voice after the recording has finished.  I can hear everybody else, but I can't hear myself.  Does anyone know how to fix this ?  I'm thinking that I am missing some kind of special way to set up the push to talk, both within GeForce Experience, Steam, and the game itself ?
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:19 pm

make sure when u pull up GeForce Experience, the microphone option isnt crossed off. Default way to pull up GeForce Experience is alt+z
0 x

Darklol
Director
Canada

Post by Darklol » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:14 pm

[mention]V6onyourtail[/mention]
Everytime I've mentionned that to Codemasters long ago in their past games and they never replied to me. They have much more important stuff to fix than having this setting which is only good for leagues and not for the casual drivers.
0 x

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Donald Leblanc

Post by LAcadien » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:23 pm

Few points:

Thanks, i didnt had time to write it down and u did it better than me lol ;)
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]
World Constructors Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) [F1 2013]

World Drivers Championship S7 D3 (Scuderia Ferrari) [F1 2014]

V6onyourtail
United States of America

Post by V6onyourtail » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Zephyr wrote: make sure when u pull up GeForce Experience, the microphone option isnt crossed off. Default way to pull up GeForce Experience is alt+z
Thanks Zephyr....I have checked the microphone setting using the Alt-Z combination, and it is not crossed of.  I have it set on "Push to Talk", but I still can not hear my voice after I have recorded a race.  Everyone else to include my team mate via Whisper/Shout can hear me just fine, and I can hear their voices after recording a race, so you would think my voice would be recorded just like it records everybody else's voice.  Do you think it has anything to do with the game settings under "audio".  How do you have your audio set in your game?  Maybe that is what is wrong??  Thanks again....V6
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:32 pm

race recap

short one for me  ...never managed to get back with the pack

0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”