Round 12: Germany - Hockenheimring (16Aug17 @ 9pm EDT)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 12: Germany - Hockenheimring (16Aug17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by Zephyr » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:43 pm

nickthequick wrote:
patlessard wrote: I did the beta and I didn't see anything weird playing online ! one good thing is that you see the pings of people in the lobby
I hope this next week goes fast and I was hoping that feature would be there!
If only the game came out a week earlier. This week im home alone all week, i dont have a job yet, school hasnt started. Im gonna so bored. Now this last week before the game has come out is going to be a lifetime
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:29 pm

we should be able to play the 24th at around 19h !! since it's usally at midnight europe time
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

Bobino12
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Jean Guy Gelinas

Post by Bobino12 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:58 pm

The preload of the game will start august 22nd but the game will be activated only friday the 25th about 7 pm...like last year for F1 2016.
0 x

patlessard
Premium Member
Jamaica
Full Name: Patrice Lessard

Post by patlessard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Bobino12 wrote: The preload of the game will start august 22nd but the game will be activated only friday the 25th about 7 pm...like last year for F1 2016.
Available: 24 August
This game will unlock in approximately 4 days
0 x
1st WDC S7 D4 Williams
Most Podiums in a Season S7 D4 (16)
Most Points Season S7 D4 (420) tied with Pirac
Most Fastest Laps Season (8) S7 D4 tied with Pirac
All Time Podiums D4 (20)
All Time Pole Positions D4 (12)
All Time Fastest Laps D4 (8)

Bobino12
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Jean Guy Gelinas

Post by Bobino12 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:30 pm

I hope you’re right…!
0 x

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Donald Leblanc

Post by LAcadien » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Copied from The F1 2017 store page on Steam:

MAKE HISTORY - Win the 2017 World Championship, break every record in the fastest ever F1™ cars, and race some of the most iconic F1 cars of the last 30 years.
User reviews:
OVERALL: No user reviews
Release Date: 24 Aug, 2017
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]
World Constructors Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) [F1 2013]

World Drivers Championship S7 D3 (Scuderia Ferrari) [F1 2014]

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:04 pm

LAcadien wrote: Copied from The F1 2017 store page on Steam:

MAKE HISTORY - Win the 2017 World Championship, break every record in the fastest ever F1™ cars, and race some of the most iconic F1 cars of the last 30 years.
User reviews:
OVERALL: No user reviews
Release Date: 24 Aug, 2017
Yeah I saw that too but lets see.  I think it is being released UK time 25th, so maybe it will be available late for us.
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 am

Hopefully I'll be able to post my race recap Tuesday evening. I made it, but I'm now in Idaho with family for the eclipse and the internet isn't good enough to upload.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:43 am

piboye wrote: Hopefully I'll be able to post my race recap Tuesday evening.  I made it, but I'm now in Idaho with family for the eclipse and the internet isn't good enough to upload.
i live in hillsboro oregon. Only like 15 minutes away from TOTAL eclipse. The world will end
0 x

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Matthew Puleo

Post by AtomicTurtle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 am

I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. I will be in about 99.5% total eclipse. Should be pretty awesome.
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:06 am

AtomicTurtle wrote: I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. I will be in about 99.5% total eclipse. Should be pretty awesome.
You should drive to where it is total!  There is a huge difference between a partial eclipse and a total one!
0 x

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Matthew Puleo

Post by AtomicTurtle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 pm

piboye wrote:
AtomicTurtle wrote: I live in Knoxville, Tennessee. I will be in about 99.5% total eclipse. Should be pretty awesome.
You should drive to where it is total!  There is a huge difference between a partial eclipse and a total one!
Not worth all that traffic. The TN governor said to treat today like a snow day because of all the tourists coming to town to view the eclipse.
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:04 pm

AtomicTurtle wrote:
piboye wrote:
Not worth all that traffic. The TN governor said to treat today like a snow day because of all the tourists coming to town to view the eclipse.
Well you missed out.  It was awesome!
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Finally back home with good internet.  Here is my race video.  Once again, I'll give a recap so you can find where we were on track together.  Race starts at 1:36.  I pass Holes at 3:34.  I catch up to Paul and L'Acadien at 4:44 and chase Paul for a couple laps before he pulls away again.  Plasma passes me after 7:16 and Dark pulls out of the pits right behind me.  I avoid running into Plasma at 7:39 while Dark tries to pass me.  At 8:42, nick comes out to the pits just in front of me and we pass Paul.  Dark and I go to pass nick on either side, I went up the inside and Dark taps me at the exit of the hairpin, letting nick by as well.  At 9:57 Tron passes me.  At 12:59, Plasma comes out of the pits ahead of Pat and me and then we all end up in a crash at the hairpin.  L'Acadien passes me at 14:40.  At 15:53, Holes catches me and I let my teammate by.  Then at 17:45, HandyCabbage catches me and crashes out of the race as he tries to pass me.  I'm sorry if it was my fault (but I'm not sure if it was).  I didn't expect a go up my inside on the fast right hander going into the stadium section.  Zephyr was right behind him and passed me at the start of the next lap.  At 20:18, Megaman caught up to me and tried to pass me for the next several laps.  He eventually managed it at 28:07.  I then tried to pass him with DRS, but misjudged which side of the track he was going to and got squeezed on the outside.  I tapped him, lost control, and crashed.  Luckily, I made it to the end of the race without losing a place, even though I had no front wing. 

0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 am

piboye wrote: Finally back home with good internet.  Here is my race video.  Once again, I'll give a recap so you can find where we were on track together.  Race starts at 1:36.  I pass Holes at 3:34.  I catch up to Paul and L'Acadien at 4:44 and chase Paul for a couple laps before he pulls away again.  Plasma passes me after 7:16 and Dark pulls out of the pits right behind me.  I avoid running into Plasma at 7:39 while Dark tries to pass me.  At 8:42, nick comes out to the pits just in front of me and we pass Paul.  Dark and I go to pass nick on either side, I went up the inside and Dark taps me at the exit of the hairpin, letting nick by as well.  At 9:57 Tron passes me.  At 12:59, Plasma comes out of the pits ahead of Pat and me and then we all end up in a crash at the hairpin.  L'Acadien passes me at 14:40.  At 15:53, Holes catches me and I let my teammate by.  Then at 17:45, HandyCabbage catches me and crashes out of the race as he tries to pass me.  I'm sorry if it was my fault (but I'm not sure if it was).  I didn't expect a go up my inside on the fast right hander going into the stadium section.  Zephyr was right behind him and passed me at the start of the next lap.  At 20:18, Megaman caught up to me and tried to pass me for the next several laps.  He eventually managed it at 28:07.  I then tried to pass him with DRS, but misjudged which side of the track he was going to and got squeezed on the outside.  I tapped him, lost control, and crashed.  Luckily, I made it to the end of the race without losing a place, even though I had no front wing. 

Nice video. I really enjoyed it. I gotta say that megaman did make more than 1 move defending from when you crashed. Nice race
0 x

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany
Full Name: Jordan Johnson

Post by Plasmaraider » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:22 am

piboye wrote: Finally back home with good internet.  Here is my race video.  Once again, I'll give a recap so you can find where we were on track together.  Race starts at 1:36.  I pass Holes at 3:34.  I catch up to Paul and L'Acadien at 4:44 and chase Paul for a couple laps before he pulls away again.  Plasma passes me after 7:16 and Dark pulls out of the pits right behind me.  I avoid running into Plasma at 7:39 while Dark tries to pass me.  At 8:42, nick comes out to the pits just in front of me and we pass Paul.  Dark and I go to pass nick on either side, I went up the inside and Dark taps me at the exit of the hairpin, letting nick by as well.  At 9:57 Tron passes me.  At 12:59, Plasma comes out of the pits ahead of Pat and me and then we all end up in a crash at the hairpin.  L'Acadien passes me at 14:40.  At 15:53, Holes catches me and I let my teammate by.  Then at 17:45, HandyCabbage catches me and crashes out of the race as he tries to pass me.  I'm sorry if it was my fault (but I'm not sure if it was).  I didn't expect a go up my inside on the fast right hander going into the stadium section.  Zephyr was right behind him and passed me at the start of the next lap.  At 20:18, Megaman caught up to me and tried to pass me for the next several laps.  He eventually managed it at 28:07.  I then tried to pass him with DRS, but misjudged which side of the track he was going to and got squeezed on the outside.  I tapped him, lost control, and crashed.  Luckily, I made it to the end of the race without losing a place, even though I had no front wing. 

Nice video, nick passing you at the end was probably the biggest blessing you could have had, you didnt have to run an extra lap with no wing
0 x
I once won a race...
World Constructors Championship S10 (Reanult) [F1 2016]

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:26 am

Plasmaraider wrote:Nice video, nick passing you at the end was probably the biggest blessing you could have had, you didnt have to run an extra lap with no wing
Yeah.  I didn't even realize that he had passed me, so I was extremely surprised (and grateful) when I didn't have to do the last lap.
0 x

Megaman
Canada
Full Name: Martin Megaman

Post by Megaman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 pm

I wasn't sure which side you were going piboye..i kind of stayed in the middle.. looks ugly from your point of view... here is my pov.

0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:27 pm

I enjoyed watching your video piboye. Unfortunate what happened at the end and Megamans video shows how messed up the indicator is in the game. You put up a good race tho. Do you race without any assists? You'll have the upper hand come next season
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:37 pm

DEADZERO wrote: I enjoyed watching your video piboye. Unfortunate what happened at the end and Megamans video shows how messed up the indicator is in the game. You put up a good race tho. Do you race without any assists? You'll have the upper hand come next season
I do all of my practice without assists, but I use medium traction control.  I race as if I have no assists, but the medium traction control catches the times I add too much throttle.  Hopefully with more mechanical grip, I'll not over throttle it as much.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”