Round 11: Hungary - Hungaroring (09Aug17 @ 9pm EDT)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
VeXSocks
Great Britain
Full Name: Jonathan Curtis
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 11: Hungary - Hungaroring (09Aug17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by VeXSocks » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 pm

To be fair you dive bomb idiotic corners, expect people to leave room, squeeze people when they do. But the second you have to leave room or get dived yourself its nope. You can't just bully people on track because you want a position so instantly and expect them not to try it back. Who in their right might decides a divebomb at the chicane on lap 1 is a good idea... 3 wide dive bomb on turn 1 and leave no room on the inside when I'm beside you. Stop bullying the track, it's not the Deadzero show.

3 Times we have collided, Canada on lap 1, you dived down my inside into a chicane. Austria, you dove it turn 2 and spun and now here. You are not along side me so I have a right to turn in. I will turn in, I know it's legal and maybe you won't keep dive bombing people. It's a long race and there is just no need for it.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 pm

I don't dive bomb people I just go on the inside like to make sure I don't hit anyone. Austria I had a clean race and didn't hit anyone. Canada I was 2 wide and got spun out. Sadly my video file got corrupt that I don't have footage to show that. And this race I did bump into the back of people of turn 1 but I was on the outside which means I didn't dive bomb anyone. I'm not aggressive to the point that I push people aside, you can ask anyone. Plus this argument of my dive bombing means nothing, near the end of my race I was behind you with I think it was mayhem beside you. You braked way too early that I barely missed you and squeezed between both of you. But then as we are going straight out of turn 1, I assume it was you that spun me out since you were backwards like me. So me being a late braker isn't the issue. I never push my way into a position. Ask LACadien who I've battled with the most this season. Light taps here and there happen in racing but I've never been overly aggressive to spin anyone out.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 pm

You know what, I'll put my life on hold to put together all the incidents I had in this race to shut you up

Video is being processed so give me about 30-45 minutes to upload it. Not much happened in my race, short 3.5 minute video
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:41 pm

Great race today guys. I had some excellent battling with Darklol and Tron for EVERY lap of the race. It was a lot of fun. Great job keeping it clean guys. We had a few bumps but it was good for the most part. Hopefully the next 2 will be just as fun. See you all next week.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Zephyr wrote: Great race today guys. I had some excellent battling with Darklol and Tron for EVERY lap of the race. It was a lot of fun. Great job keeping it clean guys. We had a few bumps but it was good for the most part. Hopefully the next 2 will be just as fun. See you all next week.
Can we see an edit of this? Always enjoy seeing battles
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 pm

DEADZERO wrote:
Zephyr wrote: Great race today guys. I had some excellent battling with Darklol and Tron for EVERY lap of the race. It was a lot of fun. Great job keeping it clean guys. We had a few bumps but it was good for the most part. Hopefully the next 2 will be just as fun. See you all next week.
Can we see an edit of this? Always enjoy seeing battles
I'll upload highlights (whole race xD). I would edit but i dont know how. Windows Movie Maker pro here.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 pm

also, R.I.P. V6
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:27 am

I bump you at 0:30, I'll admit I wasn't paying attention to you braking. This, however, did not damage you car or ruin your race in any way. I do sideswipe shadowless because of this bump but it was out of my power to control the car at that moment, thankfully he is still in the race.

At 0:55 I do take the inside line to try and avoid hitting you again. Now we did go 2 wide at the chicane but I did what I could to give you more than enough room to make the turns and did not try to take the position away from you.

At 1:28 you almost lose it but then end up side by side with shadowless and you guys take each other out. It's clear I was not involved. Shortly after at 1:45 Megaman was trying to pass but instead goes directly behind me (as you can see with the arrows) before we enter the turn. He does however goes beside me a little at the apex (dont know why). He either lost control or side swiped me and was slowed down a little. At first i thought I was at fault but after seeing the replay, it was clear he was behind me and wasn't going to try and take the inside. Dont know what happened there.

At 2:00, piboye locks up he tires at the chicane and i think he hits you and then i hit him. Now the final incident starts at 2:45. piboye and I use DRS to get close to you. piboye takes the left and I go behind you because you are a farther distance from me than piboye is (a normal decision to make i think). You then braked really hard, not a gradual one pumping your brakes, a bit early and I narrowly avoided you. At this point I have the inside line and YOU are behind me, not beside me. As I go out of the turn, I try to stay in the middle of the track and not limit piboye by squeezing him in. You then take the inside line and tap my rear tire and spun us both. I left you enough room to try and pass me if you wanted to, the track is wide enough to have FOUR cars side by side, you cant say I blocked you.

I then proceeded to pull to the side and leave, no point pushing for 2nd last place when half the race is over.

Also, I would like to point out that if you look at my Austria and China edits, you will see that I do my best to drive clean and always try to take the inside line if possible. I do not dive bomb anyone, I just see a pile of cars close together on the same racing line and an open space beside them to brake a little later than everyone else. This isnt me pushing anyone aside, its just going 2-wide into a turn which is part of racing. I try to avoid being behind a car when a turn is coming up for the sole reason that I do not want my front wing damaged. I would also like to mention that you brake pretty early when a sharp turn comes up. Anything 90 degrees or more, you brake sooner than expected. Which is fine, that is your racing line, but you cant tell me that I am over aggressive because of the line i choose to take.

GOOD DAY, SIR!

0 x

VeXSocks
Great Britain

Post by VeXSocks » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:55 am

All that's proved is you have 0 idea on how to race behind a car, you either him them or dive them 100m is my braking zone every single lap I did around the track at turn 1. Where I brake is standard for me the whole race, if you are too always avoiding people in a braking zone while behind it's your fault. Piboye goes wide when he brakes later, you locked up braking later .. seems to me my brake zone was correct. As for the spin, I have suffiecent overlap so how come you are still turning right into me when you have room. Same with the chicane, I brake earlier as its lap 1 and I'm not running into atomic there's no need. If you cant drive while behind people make sure you put it on pole next time out. Also a lot of races don't go peoples way, but in here and Canada you just gave up and left and it is CLEARLY shown here .. pretty sure under the rules it will count as a rage-quit. 
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:09 am

You guys should stop arguing in here and submit stewards reports. Neither of u are innocent, Deadzero, what u did on turn 2 was dumb and what u did at 1:51 was blatant blocking. Socks, u sideswiped shadowless at 1:35 (u went off track and rejoined dangerously, then he had overlap and u turned in). And imo the big point u guys are arguing about is on lap 18 is not Deadzero's fault at all. Deadzero got by Socks completely cleanly and then Socks ran into the back of him. Deadzero didnt break any rule there.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:31 am

Well for one thing, I did not rage quit. I didnt even say a word on TeamSpeak. I wasn't going to distract LACadien with steam pop-ups to tell him I left. And I can drive behind other cars coming up to a turn, I was able to do that just fine in Assetto Corsa. Reason I dont drive behind cars in F1 is because of the obvious sync issues we always talk about. In Assetto Corsa, sync issues are minimal, at the same time, we drive GT3 cars which are heavier so everything moves slower and is easier to handle. F1 is obviously different.

Also, Turn 2 incident was dumb and I admitted I wasn't paying attention. I'll take the fault on that, although it did not impede anyone so it can't be taken TOO seriously. And the 1:50 "block" wasn't on purpose, you can actually see the arrow pointing to this position goes in directly behind me right before I start the turn which tells me he wasn't trying to pass. I then focus on the apex of the turn and then see his arrow beside me. I was confused when this happened, I want to see Megaman's side to this. Could be a lag issue. I did not feel him touch my back tire.

There is nothing to report, I did nothing wrong and I definitely didn't aim my initial comment at anyone. But then someone tugs on my tail for no reason so I show them what they are tugging on. And I could care less if someone loses 2 points when we aren't even in competition for anything. I'm letting this one slide essentially. Just stating that I want more care on the track. Yes, I'll admit I need to care for my braking sometimes but clearly it shows that I try when you look at my China and Austria edits.

Now, GOOD DAY, SIR! (means im done with this topic)
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:40 am

I was curious about what happened there. Thank you for posting the video. I went slow around the outside of the track and was surprised you two didn't come out on the other end of the corner.
0 x

SheaB
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Shea Blumauer

Post by SheaB » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks for the video DEAD ZERO I hope you don't mind me using it as I had problems with my recording software and was unable to record this race.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 am

Sorry about the bad video quality. I was trying a different recording software and forgot to change the settings.
0 x

V6onyourtail
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Kane

Post by V6onyourtail » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi guys, this race seems to be filled with drama based on all the posts. I think that my drama started before the race even started. I go on line, it is still 15 minutes prior to race start. I noticed that many of the drivers are already in TS, and in the APCC comm. line. I joined the group and asked for a comm. check. No one responded so I asked if the race had already started, or something along those lines. Someone said that the race had already started and they had started at 5:00 this time. I waited for about 15 seconds, but no one said anything to the contrary, so I just quit out of the game, then out of TS, shut down my computer, and left home to go swimming. It was still over 90 degrees F. outside and 81 degrees F. inside, so a good swim is just what the doctor ordered for being very angry and hot. However, it would have been nice to race last night. Not only did I have to wait almost three weeks to get my new PSU from Corsair, thus missing out on numerous races, but I also invested a substantial amount of money in a much faster ISP. I had practiced quite a bit for the race last night as well. However, this was all done on vein because of one person's BAD choice of jokes. My thanks go out to that person for screwing up my race last night!!!!
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:54 pm

V6onyourtail wrote: Hi guys, this race seems to be filled with drama based on all the posts.  I think that my drama started before the race even started.  I go on line, it is still 15 minutes prior to race start.  I noticed that many of the drivers are already in TS, and in the APCC comm. line.  I joined the group and asked for a comm. check.  No one responded so I asked if the race had already started, or something along those lines.  Someone said that the race had already started and they had started at 5:00 this time.  I waited for about 15 seconds, but no one said anything to the contrary, so I just quit out of the game, then out of TS, shut down my computer, and left home to go swimming.  It was still over 90 degrees F. outside and 81 degrees F. inside, so a good swim is just what the doctor ordered for being very angry and hot.  However, it would have been nice to race last night.  Not only did I have to wait almost three weeks to get my new PSU from Corsair, thus missing out on numerous races, but I also invested a substantial amount of money in a much faster ISP.  I had practiced quite a bit for the race last night as well.  However, this was all done on vein because of one person's BAD choice of jokes.  My thanks go out to that person for screwing up my race last night!!!!
Really not fair and I think you deserve an apology :(
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Matthew Puleo

Post by AtomicTurtle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:10 pm

Zephyr wrote:

Sorry about the bad video quality. I was trying a different recording software and forgot to change the settings.
Totally not trying to be mean or anything, but I would suggest switching to a 2D racing line and only in the corners. I switched from 3D to 2D a few races in this season and it really distracts me less. It kinda seemed like you were focused too much on the racing line and squeezing Darklol too much in corners when he was overtaking you. Other than that, great race man.
0 x

VeXSocks
Great Britain

Post by VeXSocks » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Lap 25 Zephyr I don't know if I slightly held you up there! Saw you and Tron catching and knew I couldn't let pass easily in the following corners, would have hindered Tron a ton. Looking at it seems it was just ok.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:36 pm

VeXSocks wrote: Lap 25 Zephyr I don't know if I slightly held you up there! Saw you and Tron catching and knew I couldn't let pass easily in the following corners, would have hindered Tron a ton. Looking at it seems it was just ok.
You are all good. U did a great job staying out of the way. After i got by i was thinking to myself that i almost hit u turning in that early close to u. But i had to do it to stay with Tron in that sector. I was the reason we got so close there
0 x

VeXSocks
Great Britain

Post by VeXSocks » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:12 am

Haha, no I should have slowed down a bit more, not driving off track its too dangerous, could have slide back on track, it was a close one! Give me a bit of slipstream next qualification maybe I might have to let him by in a safe area a bit later next time. :D (Darklol gave me a little in Austria coming out the pits which I used, as payback I miss a braking zone and smash him :() Good race to watch though!
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”