Round 9: Austria - Red Bull Ring (26Jul17 @ 9pm EDT)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
Tron4949
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Chase Terzian
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 9: Austria - Red Bull Ring (26Jul17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by Tron4949 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:34 am

If it's lag of course I understand, but it looked like you started to turn in just after the 150M board, personally I turn in about 100M later then that at the 50M board weather or not I am pitting - wish you had video but I'm happier knowing that it wasn't intentional and I appreciate the apology. Gl in the next race, hope it's a good one.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:33 am

I do have another angle of that incident but unfortunately, it did not look like lag as it looked exactly the same as trons footage but clearly how the game was screwy in general that last race, I wouldn't count lag out as a possibility. Anyways, I just finished editing my highlight reel, took my 7-8 hours to edit (can't remember when I started) hope you guys will like it. Disclaimer: not the best edit but decent for an amateur.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:36 am

Here is my video edit. Hope you guys enjoy it

Main appearances by:
Pat Lessard
nickthe(king)
The (Darklol) Prince
Plasmaraider
Tron/Handy Cabbage
L'ACadien
Holes

0 x

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Donald Leblanc

Post by LAcadien » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:56 am

DEADZERO wrote: Here is my video edit. Hope you guys enjoy it

Main appearances by:
Pat Lessard
nickthe(king)
The (Darklol) Prince
Plasmaraider
Tron/Handy Cabbage
L'ACadien
Holes

Nice edit man :)
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]
World Constructors Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) [F1 2013]

World Drivers Championship S7 D3 (Scuderia Ferrari) [F1 2014]

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Main appearances by:
Pat Lessard
nickthe(king)
The (Darklol) Prince
Plasmaraider
Tron/Handy Cabbage
L'ACadien
Holes

Great edit man really enjoyed it!
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:35 pm

AtomicTurtle wrote:
piboye wrote: I won't be able to make it this week.  I'm sorry guys.  I have another Juno science team meeting.
Do you work for NASA?
Sorry I wasn't able to respond.  No, I'm a graduate student at University of Colorado, but I'm a part of the Juno science team.  Juno is a PI (Principal Investigator) led mission by a scientist from Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) rather than through NASA headquarters.
0 x

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Matthew Puleo

Post by AtomicTurtle » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:06 pm

Main appearances by:
Pat Lessard
nickthe(king)
The (Darklol) Prince
Plasmaraider
Tron/Handy Cabbage
L'ACadien
Holes

That last second overtake for 6th place was epic! Good job staying in it after all those spins!  :mrgreen:

As far as Kev hitting Tron, it looks like Kev may have tried to cover Tron off and didn't realize how close he was. May very well have been lag too. Idk. Good race to everyone tho. It was fun!!
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Thanks guys, I wish I had broadcast angles too and not just the same view. My goal was to just finish the race. That last overtake was pointless as I had a 3 second penalty but I still wanted to push. If I didn't crash into LACadien, I would have had 6th place locked down. I thought it was the last lap so I pushed to try and pass Cadien but then realised I had one more lap to go
0 x

kevmanw430
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kevin Wiesinger

Post by kevmanw430 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Upon watching Deadzero's video, I realized what happened there, and it was 100% my fault. I needed to pit that lap to serve a drive through that I had received from some sort of weird safety car error, I spoke about this following the race. I moved over to get on line to enter the pits, and failed to check my mirrors and realize that Tron was attempting to come up the inside. It was in no way a deliberate move to hit Tron, but a deliberate move to get into the pits so that I wouldn't be disqualified for missing the drive through window. Again, my apologies to Tron, that was an amateur move on my part and I'll make every attempt to be more aware from here on out.
0 x
APCC [S6] Drivers and Constructors Champion | Wins: 5, Podiums: 11, Poles: 4, Fastest Laps: 1

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada

Post by DEADZERO » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 pm

kevmanw430 wrote: Upon watching Deadzero's video, I realized what happened there, and it was 100% my fault. I needed to pit that lap to serve a drive through that I had received from some sort of weird safety car error, I spoke about this following the race. I moved over to get on line to enter the pits, and failed to check my mirrors and realize that Tron was attempting to come up the inside. It was in no way a deliberate move to hit Tron, but a deliberate move to get into the pits so that I wouldn't be disqualified for missing the drive through window. Again, my apologies to Tron, that was an amateur move on my part and I'll make every attempt to be more aware from here on out.
When i saw it happen, it didnt look intentional because I did notice you go into the pits but I want to mention that maybe be a little smoother when going into the pits. I didn't show it in my video but when LACadien went into the pits, he moved to the side right away after that turn to make it obvious he was going into the pits plus he slowed down to let me hit the apex of that turn before the pits (weird track design in my opinion). It looked like you were going to continue racing but decided last minute to  go into the pits, just make it smoother and more obvious, just like you would in the real world on the street. Make it obvious to other drivers your intentions.

My two cents
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:33 am

DEADZERO wrote:
kevmanw430 wrote: Upon watching Deadzero's video, I realized what happened there, and it was 100% my fault. I needed to pit that lap to serve a drive through that I had received from some sort of weird safety car error, I spoke about this following the race. I moved over to get on line to enter the pits, and failed to check my mirrors and realize that Tron was attempting to come up the inside. It was in no way a deliberate move to hit Tron, but a deliberate move to get into the pits so that I wouldn't be disqualified for missing the drive through window. Again, my apologies to Tron, that was an amateur move on my part and I'll make every attempt to be more aware from here on out.
When i saw it happen, it didnt look intentional because I did notice you go into the pits but I want to mention that maybe be a little smoother when going into the pits. I didn't show it in my video but when LACadien went into the pits, he moved to the side right away after that turn to make it obvious he was going into the pits plus he slowed down to let me hit the apex of that turn before the pits (weird track design in my opinion). It looked like you were going to continue racing but decided last minute to  go into the pits, just make it smoother and more obvious, just like you would in the real world on the street. Make it obvious to other drivers your intentions.

My two cents
That might be worth 50 cents :P  agreed and don't forget you can always just say on teamspeak when someone is close behind that you are going to pit.  That kind of communication is definitely encouraged!
0 x
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany
Full Name: Jordan Johnson

Post by Plasmaraider » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:03 pm

Main appearances by:
Pat Lessard
nickthe(king)
The (Darklol) Prince
Plasmaraider
Tron/Handy Cabbage
L'ACadien
Holes

I know im  a bit late haha but seriously awesome edit, loved the whole thing
0 x
I once won a race...
World Constructors Championship S10 (Reanult) [F1 2016]

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:50 pm

nickthequick wrote:
Zephyr wrote: Another great race in this codemasters game! I was unhappy with my qualifying as i was never able to improve my first lap's time. I would go 3 tenths up in a lap and then mess up somewhere. I still was able to qualify p4 and after some great fighting with Darklol, i worked my way up to p2 by the end of the first lap. The following lap i ran a tiny bit wide when darklol was on the outside and it cause me to spin (my fault). I ended up in p6 and then worked my way back to p2 towards the middle of the race . . . and then my game crashes. Just like in Canada
Man I think you might have the worst luck! 

You should look in your event log and see if you see any kind of other warning that kind of triggered it.  I believe when dark's game crashed it was something with Cortana and since he has disabled her voice activation it has been good for him.  Not saying it is that exactly but it definitely sounds like something is causing that to happen since it happened multiple times!
how do i check my event log?
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:52 am

Start -> Search for "Event Viewer" then when it opens go to the Windows Logs, expand the tree and then select Application. Go to the timestamp where the error is and look for the Red ! point. From there maybe you can see what process or application caused it to crash.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”