Darklol
Director
Canada
Full Name: Marco Oliveira
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 98369

Re: No Assists For F1 2017 League?

Post by Darklol » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:28 am

You will also enjoy more the game. I mean you are currently noticing that you actually have the control of the car yourself vs the assists controlling the car for you. This will not only make you better in F1 but any other race game.

What I mean by that is the pedals play you are doing more than ever, you are learning to control your throttle and brake pedals also correcting the car through corners in understeer or oversteer situations which will just be natural to you over time.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Darklol wrote: You will also enjoy more the game. I mean you are currently noticing that you actually have the control of the car yourself vs the assists controlling the car for you. This will not only make you better in F1 but any other race game.

What I mean by that is the pedals play you are doing more than ever, you are learning to control your throttle and brake pedals also correcting the car through corners in understeer or oversteer situations which will just be natural to you over time.
Im having so much more fun playing with no assists than when i was using assists. Using no ABS and TCS is very fun and exciting but personally, playing without the racing line makes it so much more interesting. Every corner when ur going side by side is exciting because you have to constantly adjust your speed and the line u take thru the corner. Im glad this league forced me to change to no assists.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:34 am

Thanks for the kind words Chris :)
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

V6onyourtail
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Kane

Post by V6onyourtail » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:01 pm

This took me by surprise to say the least.  I have tried driving without assists with F1 2017, and it will take me a lot more than just a couple of weeks to get comfortable with it.  I'm talking a year or so!  Even though there have been many excuses on why a vote, or even a discussion was not done before upper admin made this decision, I still think that this was a move to make PRL a league just for the very fast drivers, and to heck with the guys that drive with assists.  It is if we are causing all the problems.  Well, before this year there were no problems.  As of right now, you can not advertise your site as family friendly.  It must be advertised as a hard core league only for the very experienced.  I'm not trying to tick off any of the admin folks that made this decision, but if you have a lot of drivers, maybe you should separate the drivers that drive with and without assists.  It was done for many seasons before...Why not try it for this next season.  I "choose" to stay in my comfort zone on this one.  Also, I may not even be available on Wednesdays a little further down the road.  I just want to have some fun, but when I am being forced to do something in order to race at all, and that something is way out of my comfort zone, then what is the point.  I know I am not the only one that feels this way.  Like I said,  I have made a conscience decision to drive in my "comfort zone" after trying and trying to drive without assists now and in the past when this issue was brought up and declined.   I don't understand what has happened to PRL.  It never used to make a difference whether or not assists were used because we have never had any problems like we have had this season.  The real problem here is not being addressed, and the "assists" thing is just a band aide to take care of it for short term.  However, if what admin wants is nothing but the very fast drivers, then you are right on track.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Sorry you feel that way. It took a lot of us by surprise. Some of us are flourishing while others are still struggling. I consider this a test run to see how everyone does. Maybe if it's THAT bad then the rules might change mid season to allow all assists or partial assists.

Maybe ask someone to coach you and help you develop. I've even found a few setups that are really grippy and almost feel like TC is on. Plus it teaches you to be smooth. We have all been helping each other to get the hang of no assists, you are welcome to jump in and ask for help. Also, I feel like being fast won't be the winner this time around, it'll be consistency.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

Darklol
Director
Canada
Full Name: Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID: 98369

Post by Darklol » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Hey V6 !

You know what I am not even surprise to see your post. I was expecting it as it is typical now every time there's something you don't like there's a post or steam messages about it. I think it's about time to stop complaining and stop using the same arguments over and over again about the league being for families and fun. It's called a league, there's competition and there's fun. Competition can be fun, fair and for everyone. It's not like you didn't see this coming since you are here in this league for a while now. Nothing about only fast drivers because there will be all types of drivers. Some like me that already drive without assists, some that are going great without assists and embracing the decision and some that are struggling but are trying and willing to drive without assists. Get over it and play without assists, learn it, you might be bad at first but everyone was at some point, if you would have been driving without them since what 2014 when we had those discussions already you would be mastering it but nah you wanted the comfort zone because you are faster right ? So it's all about being fast right, otherwise you would sign up without assists and even if you are last it shouldn't be a matter if its only for fun ?

It's about time this decision was made and from what I see in your comments is just excuses from someone that doesn't want to change the way he drives. Sorry you didn't even posted a single time in the thread Zephyr did to get tips or help to drive without assists.

Instead of blaming PRL, Admins or the assists, ask the question to yourself ? Why I don't want to drive without assists ?......

I hope you enjoy whatever decision you take but all I can say this game is so fun and we have a nice group of drivers so far.

I'm out and won't reply to this.. Mic drop ! 
0 x

V6onyourtail
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Kane

Post by V6onyourtail » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Darklol wrote: Hey V6 !

You know what I am not even surprise to see your post. I was expecting it as it is typical now every time there's something you don't like there's a post or steam messages about it. I think it's about time to stop complaining and stop using the same arguments over and over again about the league being for families and fun. It's called a league, there's competition and there's fun. Competition can be fun, fair and for everyone. It's not like you didn't see this coming since you are here in this league for a while now. Nothing about only fast drivers because there will be all types of drivers. Some like me that already drive without assists, some that are going great without assists and embracing the decision and some that are struggling but are trying and willing to drive without assists. Get over it and play without assists, learn it, you might be bad at first but everyone was at some point, if you would have been driving without them since what 2014 when we had those discussions already you would be mastering it but nah you wanted the comfort zone because you are faster right ? So it's all about being fast right, otherwise you would sign up without assists and even if you are last it shouldn't be a matter if its only for fun ?

It's about time this decision was made and from what I see in your comments is just excuses from someone that doesn't want to change the way he drives. Sorry you didn't even posted a single time in the thread Zephyr did to get tips or help to drive without assists.

Instead of blaming PRL, Admins or the assists, ask the question to yourself ? Why I don't want to drive without assists ?......

I hope you enjoy whatever decision you take but all I can say this game is so fun and we have a nice group of drivers so far.

I'm out and won't reply to this.. Mic drop ! 
Nope, actually I was not even going to say anything, but after reading all the posts I thought I would post as well.  I have just as much right to post on this forum as anyone else does, or am I wrong there?  Furthermore, I also knew I was going to get a somewhat strange reply from someone in admin as well.  Say what you want to, but PRL has been going down hill ever since moogleslam sold it.  Yes, I was waiting for this exact type of reply as well.  Anyhow, I love the new game.  I'm having fun just playing off and online with some of my friends I've had for quite some time on Steam.  After all, having fun is exactly what the doctor ordered.  I wasn't going to even buy the game, but it was to tempting.  It really does not matter anyhow because of Service connected health issues I need to get more of a certain type of exercise, and it will be offered in the next two months, and it falls on Wednesday, so I have to go with the exercise.  Have a good day.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”