Round 5: Spain - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (21Jun17 @ 9pm EDT)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 5: Spain - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (21Jun17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by DEADZERO » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 pm

VeXSocks wrote: Deadzero how the HELL it's legal to overtake during a safety car when everyone is bunched up is ridiculous everyone was in their positions and you just flew past me and another. I could have done that too but if we all do it then it becomes a problem and potentially a crash. Makes it even worse knowing my wing came off hitting you. If it's a glitch in the game which allows people to pass UNDER A SAFETY CAR. It should be considered as cheating as it is obviously not suppose to be like that.
I don't think its a glitch, if the pace gets too low, game will tell you to follow the next car going the proper pace. I've been passed both in an online race and in single player by AI because I was going too slow. This is the game trying to keep the pace going the proper speed in case someone in front has a problem with the car. In real life, this is also allowed if a car in the queue is going too slow (usually means there is a problem with the car). An experienced driver would not keep their pace low enough for this too happen and that's why I'm pointing at that person going too slow and pushing everyone back which allowed me to pass whoever i wanted. So next race, if the game tells you to pass the car in front and follow someone else, do it. Its because they are going too slow for the SC. Only in Australia did I not get damaged from a SC car line because everyone kept their delta between 0.5 and 0.1, in Spain, it went up to 2.3 for me and i think for LACadien it went to 3.0+. I like most of you guys and i want to race clean but if dumb things like this keeps happening, I will take advantage of it to ensure i have a good race and not get put at the side of the road because someone needs to heat up their brakes on a straight away.

Also, reason you hit me was because I hit the car in front and thats why I stopped so quick. I tried to turn away from that car in front but they hit the other car in front so hard that they got swung to the side really quickly. I passed you because I was confused as to why it was telling me to pass someone a few positions ahead of me. Then I noticed it kept changing to someone else if the person in front of my was going too slow so I didnt pass anyone else after that, but I definitely will if someone brings the delta that high up again. We are in a league, we should be better drivers than the casual racers that do drop in races. Yesterdays race made us look like amateur drivers. Sorry to be harsh but someone needs to say it. Take pride that you are in PRL and show everyone that you're a disciplined and smart driver.

Monaco is coming up, if you don't already know, this track has only 2 overtaking spots that are very very short and should ONLY be attempted when the leading car messes up their exit and you have a clear shot to pass. Only attempt to pass if you know you will have youre entire car passed their front wing BEFORE the braking zone. There is no need to go side by side in any of the turns except maybe turn 1 IF you can do it cleanly without pushing them into the wall. This next race is about pit strategy and tire management, not overtaking. Work on your lap times and keep your tires from wearing out too fast. I promise you that you will run into traffic that will slow you down from catching the person in front of you, but remember, they too will run into traffic slowing them down. Going side by side and braking a little later just to the get the edge will not work on this track and im sure thats still considered dive bombing if you take the inside line, brake late, and let the other car drive into you because you are off the racing line and going straight because you braked late. Some tracks its okay to do this (like in China because its such a wide track) but late braking to overtake someone in Monaco is not a good tactic and will definitely get you a lot of penalty points by the stewards (and hopefully the game) that you could end up being reviewed on weather you are fit to race in PRL or not.

Use your heads and know that if you push too hard, you will take yourself out of the race. If you take someone out of the race because of your stupidity, i promise you will be targeted. I appreciate rivalries because it pushes us to do better but you can get targeted to the point that they will find a way to get you banned from PRL for your aggressive and senseless driving.

Good luck next week. One last time in case you skipped my third rant:

USE YOUR HEAD AND MAKE SMART DECISIONS ON THE TRACK ;)

(I'm tempted to make a video to explain how and when to pass and how to avoid causing a wreck)
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

VeXSocks
Great Britain
Full Name: Jonathan Curtis

Post by VeXSocks » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:12 pm

I also had a huge delta the problem comes when you have no clue what other people's deltas are and taking matters into your own hands can cause confusion and even more on track problems. If you me and Lacadian all did what YOU did alone, crashes can occur and more confusion from who should be behind who. Everyone was bunched up very close as the SC was at the start of the race so it was very obvious no one was going slow on purpose at the start of the safety car. Right at the beginning of the safety car people are just learning their deltas so to abuse it is just wrong and disrespectful to other drivers.
0 x

MarcoYazbek
Rookie Member
Brazil
Full Name: Marco Yazbek
iRacing ID: Marco

Post by MarcoYazbek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:08 am

VeXSocks wrote:
MarcoYazbek wrote: I'd like to apologize to Socks and Darklol for crashing into both of you guys, i had lag and sync issues since qualifying and couldn't measure if the passes i made were viable, sorry :/
I don't care if you were on one too and were faster than me. If you are behind a car you know you will catch on a flying lap you should leave more room in front of you. 
Why you are even so close to a car on the final chicane while knowingly lagging is a mystery to me. 
If you don't want to accept my apologies, fine — it's up to you anyway. But there was no reason for me to abort my flying lap. I was not close to you when i started my lap, i simply was faster and catched up in the third sector. And how am i supposed to know i will catch up to people that are quite far from me?
0 x

VeXSocks
Great Britain
Full Name: Jonathan Curtis

Post by VeXSocks » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:51 am

Well according to the rules there IS a reason to abort your flying lap, because "In Qualifying, each driver is responsible for ensuring there is enough track space to complete their hot lap. It is not the responsibility of any driver ahead who may also be on their hot lap." You know I am not as fast as your from every previous races and you knew you had desync. Maybe as a bottom half driver in the league I get more opportunities to follow a car I know is faster, but its the following drivers responsibility to avoid contact and to make sure they can complete their lap without hindering others. As everyone who signs up states they know the rules I can't take a collision like this as "accident" especially in qualifying. To me it is a disregard of the rules.
0 x

MarcoYazbek
Rookie Member
Brazil
Full Name: Marco Yazbek
iRacing ID: Marco

Post by MarcoYazbek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:11 am

Rules state that i should ensure there is track space and some room up front, they don't say at any time i should abort the lap. You were actually pretty far from me when i started the lap. Thought that both of us could go side by side in the chicane - but that's past now. Good luck in Monaco.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”