Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City Circuit (19Jul17 @ 9pm EDT)

F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
Weemageeno3
Rookie Member
Ireland
Full Name: Andy
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 8: Azerbaijan - Baku City Circuit (19Jul17 @ 9pm EDT)

Post by Weemageeno3 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Sorry to disappoint. Good luck to you all
0 x

Darklol
Director
Canada
Full Name: Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID: 98369

Post by Darklol » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Zephyr, I would of had a penalty for slowing you down to much. The game takes care of this unless there's another bug just like how must of people were able to change their race setups. Also the game gives warning and time that says you need to catch the safety car you are too far behind.

As Nick said, I was trying to avoid the double stack but at the end decided the Mediums was probably a good strategy which was not as you could see since you were ahead after both your pit stops.

Also Nick was already P1 and with everyone who pitted a part from me, rejoined back to their original positions. As for real life, I was going at a safety car speed rate so I'm pretty sure it's allowed. Why would someone burn fuel and tires to catch to the back of a slowing safety car. If I had brake on purpose to slow everyone down maybe but my speed was fair enough for Safety car circumstances.
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Drake Ranquist

Post by piboye » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:07 pm

I had a similar problem. I think Paul hit a wall under the safety car and started going really slowly. I wasn't sure whether to pass him. I decided to pass him too late and got a drive through penalty. I wish the game would come up and say "Pass the person ahead to catch safety car" or something.
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Here is my race edit.  I ended with my best results of the season (but not as good as the 4th place I got last season at Baku).  Here is a race recap so you can find my perspective of battles we had.

Race start is at 2:30.  Had a small battle with L'Acadien and Paul on Lap 2.  I get a drive through penalty after 12:12 for staying behind Paul when I should have passed him under the safety car.  15:37 is the safety car restart and a battle with Shadowless, Weemageeno, and Socks, but unfortunately I had to duck into the pits to serve my penalty at the end of the lap.  At 18:05 I come out of the pits ahead of Tron and hold him off for a lap and a half.  Megaman comes out of the pits ahead of me at 27:12 and slowly pulls away.  Socks is nothing but smoke at 28:08.  Paul catches me about 29:00, but hits the wall a lap later.  Megaman is sideways in the castle section at 31:38.  Thank goodness that the cars ghost!  (Is it alright if I use that image for my YouTube video Megaman?)  I catch and pass Tron, who is on intermediates for some reason, at 33:42.  The start of my fastest lap of the race is at 36:17.  I had some really lonely last 8 laps.
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:26 pm

I might have tapped you piboye because at that moment my screen turned to black for a second and when it came back you were turned around facing me. My right front wing was damaged when my screen turned on, it was only orange so it was a small tap, don't know if it was you I hit or someone else. I'll take a points penalty since I'm not in the running for anything. At 4:28 in your video you'll see me stopped on the wall. My screen turned off fully when Pat hit the wall hard enough for his wheel to come off, I saw him and dodged him before my screen shut off. I went to the wall and stopped because I didn't want to hit anyone in case someone got spun out. Sucks I couldn't see but the game was running in the background like nothing happened.

I want to try one more race before I tap out of this season. I'm hoping things will work out this time. I just want to finish and have a few good battles! I'm having more good battles in iracing(drop in not league).
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:32 pm

DEADZERO wrote: I might have tapped you piboye because at that moment my screen turned to black for a second and when it came back you were turned around facing me. My right front wing was damaged when my screen turned on, it was only orange so it was a small tap, don't know if it was you I hit or someone else. I'll take a points penalty since I'm not in the running for anything. At 4:28 in your video you'll see me stopped on the wall. My screen turned off fully when Pat hit the wall hard enough for his wheel to come off, I saw him and dodged him before my screen shut off. I went to the wall and stopped because I didn't want to hit anyone in case someone got spun out. Sucks I couldn't see but the game was running in the background like nothing happened.

I want to try one more race before I tap out of this season. I'm hoping things will work out this time. I just want to finish and have a few good battles! I'm having more good battles in iracing(drop in not league).
Deadzero, you did tap me, but you didn't put me into the spin.  It was all my fault.  I thought I braked too early (which put you into the back of me), reaccelerated (which I shouldn't have done), and then locked up braking again, going into the back of someone else and spinning around.  I apologize to you and anyone else I affected.  This is the first time that I've caused issues on the first turn.

It sucks that your graphics card fails whenever there was debris.  I hope you make it through the next race!
0 x

DEADZERO
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Christian

Post by DEADZERO » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Well I think my own computer messed me up, not you. Its weird that that happened because before Wednesday, never had that issue. In TT I hit the wall at castle a few times and my Graphics card gave up and stopped working. All the times I hit that wall before wednesday, that never happened. It was a new thing once Wednesday came. I rest my computer hoping any power settings that some how changed would have fixed the problem. Didn't have time before the race to test it. Was doing fine during qualifying. Hit the wall a few times and never shuttered or turned off. Sucks that it happened during the race.
0 x
Project 2 - Pineapple Boyz - Lead Foot Racing
PRL iRacing Results: Wins (3) / Podiums (7) / Top-Five (12)

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:30 am

Plasmaraider wrote: My view of the race...im not gonna say anything b/c ill likely start something with what i want to say. Race starts at 27:28
Hey Plasma is that the actual framerate when you are racing or is that just how it was captured, because that would honestly be unplayable for me and you'd prolly be so much more consistent with a higher steady framerate.
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

SheaB
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Shea Blumauer

Post by SheaB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:22 pm

piboye wrote: Here is my race edit.  I ended with my best results of the season (but not as good as the 4th place I got last season at Baku).  Here is a race recap so you can find my perspective of battles we had.

Race start is at 2:30.  Had a small battle with L'Acadien and Paul on Lap 2.  I get a drive through penalty after 12:12 for staying behind Paul when I should have passed him under the safety car.  15:37 is the safety car restart and a battle with Shadowless, Weemageeno, and Socks, but unfortunately I had to duck into the pits to serve my penalty at the end of the lap.  At 18:05 I come out of the pits ahead of Tron and hold him off for a lap and a half.  Megaman comes out of the pits ahead of me at 27:12 and slowly pulls away.  Socks is nothing but smoke at 28:08.  Paul catches me about 29:00, but hits the wall a lap later.  Megaman is sideways in the castle section at 31:38.  Thank goodness that the cars ghost!  (Is it alright if I use that image for my YouTube video Megaman?)  I catch and pass Tron, who is on intermediates for some reason, at 33:42.  The start of my fastest lap of the race is at 36:17.  I had some really lonely last 8 laps.
It's interesting to see that on the restart of the race when you are along side me my car just disappears and your diver put his hand up when there was clearly no contact, maybe he was freaking out that my car teleported  :D
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:19 pm

SheaB wrote:
piboye wrote: Here is my race edit.  I ended with my best results of the season (but not as good as the 4th place I got last season at Baku).  Here is a race recap so you can find my perspective of battles we had.
It's interesting to see that on the restart of the race when you are along side me my car just disappears and your diver put his hand up when there was clearly no contact, maybe he was freaking out that my car teleported  :D
I was wondering what happened there because I never felt contact and it didn't seem like anyone else had a problem.
0 x

Plasmaraider
Veteran Member
Germany
Full Name: Jordan Johnson

Post by Plasmaraider » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:43 pm

nickthequick wrote:
Plasmaraider wrote: My view of the race...im not gonna say anything b/c ill likely start something with what i want to say. Race starts at 27:28
Hey Plasma is that the actual framerate when you are racing or is that just how it was captured, because that would honestly be unplayable for me and you'd prolly be so much more consistent with a higher steady framerate.
I play somewhere between 90-120 fps, but i record at 30 so it doesnt put too much stress on my pc
0 x
I once won a race...
World Constructors Championship S10 (Reanult) [F1 2016]

Megaman
Canada
Full Name: Martin Megaman

Post by Megaman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:05 pm

piboye wrote:Is it alright if I use that image for my YouTube video Megaman?
No problem, I would have chosen the same image..haha! I was still thinking of my drive through penalty for speeding during VSC.. what a mess... I would have had a good finish result if it wasn't of that.. anyway, see you next race!
0 x

piboye
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by piboye » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm sorry I bumped you at the safety car restart.  I didn't realize I did until the stewards reported it (I've been away for a couple weeks).  I had someone going up my inside, so we were going into the corner three wide.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”