F1 2016 | Wednesday @ 9pm EDT
AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America
Full Name: Matthew Puleo
Main Platform: PC

Re: S11 Sign-Up | Information | Rewards Store

Post by AtomicTurtle » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:50 am

Personally, I think limiting to 150 ms would be much better than 100 ms and still a very acceptable ping...
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ryan Kings

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:57 am

With 100 ping, it takes over 1 tenth of a second another racer to see when you turn in/brake, etc. With the speeds and reaction time required for clean racing, that 1 tenth is a big margin. Requiring under 100 ping is very reasonable imo. No one wants to be taken out because of lag. I have already had a lot of very close calls racing against banner, especially in Sochi. Its just not enjoyable
0 x

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by AtomicTurtle » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Somehow, I have managed to have clean racing with most drivers, including banner last race, with no lag issues.
0 x

LAcadien
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Donald Leblanc

Post by LAcadien » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:10 pm

For those in Europe, you can be in the European F1 2016 PC Championship and have better connection. For those in South America, i can understand it can be frustrating but again we remind you the game is P2P. Maybe you can try to recruit some more of South America racers and do a South America Championship. 100ms ping is still high but we understand the size of our countries. We are still working to find better Steam's servers and might do some test with F1 2017 when it will come out.
0 x
World Drivers Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) (9 wins - 15 podiums - 3 poles - 5 fastest laps) [F1 2013]
World Constructors Championship S6 D4 (Sahara Force India) [F1 2013]

World Drivers Championship S7 D3 (Scuderia Ferrari) [F1 2014]

bannerexpress
Brazil
Full Name: carlos ernani dos santos

Post by bannerexpress » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:42 pm

I suggest that a world championship be created and that anyone who is willing to run with all the problems that may exist should participate, because I believe that the essence of the competition is to have the challenge of overcoming opponents from anywhere on the planet. The ping that is clearly imposing on us is to close on the North American continent. This attitude is unacceptable since my ping is much better than it already was. I participate in many races online and only in this league I am expelled this way, in the middle of a championship, I consider this disrespectful.
0 x

MarcoYazbek
Rookie Member
Brazil
Full Name: Marco Yazbek
iRacing ID: Marco

Post by MarcoYazbek » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:55 pm

This obviously is going to sound biased since i got removed but you all should consider more stuff than just a speed test - this is the first race that i got lag, and even LAcadien said that he had sync issues with the safety car. Ping is now limited to 100, and even at ~4800 miles of distance to a New York server, i manage to pull of 124ms of ping.

None of my business tho, have a good season and good luck everyone :D
0 x

bannerexpress
Brazil

Post by bannerexpress » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Had absolutely everything in the GP of Azerbaijan, held this Sunday in Baku. In practically a race of survival, better for Daniel Ricciardo that, leaving of the 10th place, left unscathed of diverse confusions in the race, and won his first of the season. This is real competition and with all the problems that exist.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Daniel Ricciardo didnt have 150 ping. xD
0 x

bannerexpress
Brazil

Post by bannerexpress » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Zephyr wrote: Daniel Ricciardo didnt have 150 ping. xD

True!!!
Zephyr wrote:About PRL
Zephyr wrote:OUR MISSION
Zephyr wrote:Precision Racing League is one of the largest online racing communities in the world providing championships on PC, PS4, and Xbox ONE.  Our goal is to provide fun, fair, and competitive racing for everyone.
0 x

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:26 pm

key words, "fun" and "fair"
0 x

bannerexpress
Brazil

Post by bannerexpress » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Zephyr wrote: key words, "fun" and "fair"

:-) Fair does not mean to change the rules in the middle of the game
0 x

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by AtomicTurtle » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:41 pm

I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that the cutoff for good connection is 100 ms when a couple of the guys that got kicked out had in the 120's ms ping. This is just crazy to me that you would let 20 extra ms of ping decide wether or not to kick these people (which are clean racers) out mid season. I was really enjoying this league very much, but this is changes my perspective of PRL a bit.
0 x

bannerexpress
Brazil

Post by bannerexpress » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:12 pm

I am a regular member for some years, remember this gentlemen. I almost signed up for a permanent member last week. Would it be expelled in the same way?
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:13 pm

It's not the first time we have issue with South American drivers and race after race since 2-3 seasons I got message from member who are sick of all those lags. I know it's sad and sound harsh for everyone in South America, but we needed to do something to keep the fun going otherwise we will have loose more drivers. To say you miss Moogle administration, it's ok... but I'm pretty sure Moogle understand my decision. When Moogleslam gave me the league, we had 1400 members in the last forum and in one year, I've managed to have 2200 members... so I have no doubt about the way I'm managing the league. If your not happy, just leave, PRL will survive. I'm always in to expand, find some South American drivers and I'll be more than happy to create a SA championship. Anyway it's the part of being an admin, each decisions will make some people happy and other people unhappy and I can live with it don't worry.

You want to race with a lot of people all around the world? Then go play iRacing. I remember you Carlos playing iRacing with us and we NEVER saw you lag, everythinf was perfect, but with a bad game like F1 20xx, we can't accept any lags and we must put all our chance in the same bag to have the most stable connection. You are overreacting because the situation is implying you, but see the situation from the outside and I'm pretty sure you'll understand. If it was the opposite, that you are involved in incidents because of too many lag, you'll be the first to come talk to me about lag issue.

Again, I'm sorry to everyone who I may shocked with that decision, but enough is enough and we had to make a move to keep this championship alive. And be sure that from the upcoming races, if we notice lag, we might ask even North American drivers to provide us Speedtest.

Thanks for your understanding and move on to the next race.
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Zephyr
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:15 pm

AtomicTurtle wrote: I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that the cutoff for good connection is 100 ms when a couple of the guys that got kicked out had in the 120's ms ping. This is just crazy to me that you would let 20 extra ms of ping decide wether or not to kick these people (which are clean racers) out mid season. I was really enjoying this league very much, but this is changes my perspective of PRL a bit.
Well if they let people with 120 ping in, then they must let in people with 140 ping because it is 20 extra. Then if they let people with 140 ping in, then they must let in people with 160 ping in because it is only 20 more than the cutoff. The whole point of a cutoff is that it is the limit.
0 x

MarcoYazbek
Rookie Member
Brazil
Full Name: Marco Yazbek
iRacing ID: Marco

Post by MarcoYazbek » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:39 pm

jeromef1 wrote: It's not the first time we have issue with South American drivers and race after race since 2-3 seasons I got message from member who are sick of all those lags. I know it's sad and sound harsh for everyone in South America, but we needed to do something to keep the fun going otherwise we will have loose more drivers. To say you miss Moogle administration, it's ok... but I'm pretty sure Moogle understand my decision. When Moogleslam gave me the league, we had 1400 members in the last forum and in one year, I've managed to have 2200 members... so I have no doubt about the way I'm managing the league. I'm always in to expand, find some South American drivers and I'll be more than happy to create a SA championship. Anyway it's the part of being an admin, each decisions will make some people happy and other people unhappy and I can live with it don't worry.

In this very own thread, one of the guys from Argentina showed that he had 171ms to New York - that isn't acceptable - but a 120 really makes a difference from 100?

Recently I got an email from Jerome talking about how they probably won't ever accept South America again, that the lag is always our fault, that when there are no South Americans in the race there are no problems, so it seems that you guys are quite.. intolerant. With people from around here at least. It really feels like it's personal.

"message from member who are sick of all those lags"? I lagged for one race and people were so sick to a point of sending a private message, probably asking for a removal? What about other races? Or am I being removed because I lagged and all of this "investigation" happened because I made contact with one of the managers?

Anyway, I see that even if i make a good point or argument I won't be put back on the league.
0 x

Darklol
Director
Canada
Full Name: Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID: 98369

Post by Darklol » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Guys, first of the 100ms rule is being used in other leagues also for F1 games from Codemasters. With today's technology 100ms is still high in my opinion so it's fair enough. What some of you might not understand is yes it is frustrating to get kicked out mid season but the lag has also massive repercussions on guys who have decent connections and want to have fun and have fair race. It's not fun or neither fair when someone without any lag sees the car ahead lagging or ghosting and you have to be extra careful to make a move before you don't know if there will be contact or not. So understand the point of the league here, this is an American Championship where we decided to give it a shot again to drivers all around the world and everyone who has been here in the past knows it is not the first time we see this in Codemaster's games. I've seen it in previous versions of the game people ghosting or car flying in the sky. This is why there's an European league and like Jerome mentioned, if there's enough drivers to start a South American Championship let's do it. We can start a sub-forum to see if there's interest.
0 x

bannerexpress
Brazil

Post by bannerexpress » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:56 pm

My ping was approved for this championship and I do not accept this change in regulation. I also find the Iracing obsolete and expensive. Please delete my account in this league that has lost its origins. Good luck with your league.
Sincerely, Banner
0 x

Darklol
Director
Canada
Full Name: Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID: 98369

Post by Darklol » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 pm

MarcoYazbek wrote:
jeromef1 wrote: It's not the first time we have issue with South American drivers and race after race since 2-3 seasons I got message from member who are sick of all those lags. I know it's sad and sound harsh for everyone in South America, but we needed to do something to keep the fun going otherwise we will have loose more drivers. To say you miss Moogle administration, it's ok... but I'm pretty sure Moogle understand my decision. When Moogleslam gave me the league, we had 1400 members in the last forum and in one year, I've managed to have 2200 members... so I have no doubt about the way I'm managing the league. I'm always in to expand, find some South American drivers and I'll be more than happy to create a SA championship. Anyway it's the part of being an admin, each decisions will make some people happy and other people unhappy and I can live with it don't worry.

In this very own thread, one of the guys from Argentina showed that he had 171ms to New York - that isn't acceptable - but a 120 really makes a difference from 100?

Recently I got an email from Jerome talking about how they probably won't ever accept South America again, that the lag is always our fault, that when there are no South Americans in the race there are no problems, so it seems that you guys are quite.. intolerant. With people from around here at least. It really feels like it's personal.

"message from member who are sick of all those lags"? I lagged for one race and people were so sick to a point of sending a private message, probably asking for a removal? What about other races? Or am I being removed because I lagged and all of this "investigation" happened because I made contact with one of the managers?

Anyway, I see that even if i make a good point or argument I won't be put back on the league.
Marco it has nothing to do with me and our incident. There were multiple people having massive lag issues during the last race and this is coming back from F1 2014. We always had sync issues with drivers that were not from North America. When we have 1 or 2 drivers in the past, it wasn't that bad I'm guessing the netcode was able to handle it. But now with full grids with 4-5 drivers with latency issues, it just creates lag and sync issues. 

From the few things I've seen, you can ask Iceman who was leading when the safety car out synced and he collided with it. Few moments later same thing almost happened to me, Atomic Turtle who was 2 cars behind saw that too. Ask L'acadien if he was happy to lose 2 places when me and Pat were just following him and he suddenly out synced and was out of no where behind me. Ask DroidKat if it was fun to lose connection to the lobby when he did an amazing qualifying lap. So it has nothing to do with me and you if that is what you are wondering and also you are a reserve driver. If the problem was you, I would have reported the incident and make sure we don't allow reserve drivers anymore to avoid this kind of stuff but no I care of fun and fair racing without any sync issues. I was driving behind Lucas for like 3 laps and couldn't try an overtake because he was ghosting so I couldn't try anything without risking taking both of us out.

Like I said in my previous post, guys gather some F1 South American drivers and let's do a championship because it was about time we have a ping rule that is also in other leagues to avoid impacting the drivers who sign up in their region. That rule should be applied to any Codemasters game or any P2P game.
0 x

AtomicTurtle
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by AtomicTurtle » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:27 pm

I think we must not limit the ping rule to people in other countries. If we are going to implement this rule now, it needs to be for all racers in the league. We should all have to submit a speed test before next race. Then, if it is above 100, you are kicked out. This would make the most sense to me.
0 x

Return to “American F1 2016 PC Championship [S11] - Sponsored by V6onyourtail”