[CLOSED] Indy Pro 2000 Elite Series 2020/S4 Sign Ups & Information

MINIMUM 1800 IRATING REQUIRED
**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on September 24th and end on December 3rd
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

[CLOSED] Indy Pro 2000 Elite Series 2020/S4 Sign Ups & Information

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:44 pm

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the PRL Indy Pro 2000 Elite Series! 2020/S4 will feature the new Indy Pro 2000.

This series is broadcasted on the iRacing eSports Network by Global Sim Racing Channel!

Series organisers: Nicholas Delp

INFORMATION & FAQ

When does the season start and end? 2020/S4 will start on September 24th and end on December 3rd. (Break week for thanks giving)

How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.

When can I signup? Now! But signups will be closing on September 17th 00:00 EDT.

Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. Drop weeks cannot be used in the last race of the season (Week 10). There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9.

What day/time do races start? Races are on Thursday. The session starts at 6pm with qualifying at 9pm (EDT).

How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 30 seats available. (can be review by management)

How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill. There is a $10 USD fee to signup.

Why are you charging entry fee? We are charging a $10 entry fee to help us cover the broadcast expenses. Even with entry fees, we don't have enough money to cover the broadcast, so this is why we need sponsors as well.

How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
  • Management staff
  • Series Organisers
  • Returning Premium Member (Must have attended 5 races in the previous season)
  • Premium Member
  • Returning Driver (Must have attended 5 races in the previous season)
  • New Driver
How can I become a Premium member? Click here for more information about the Premium Membership! Note that it is not mandatory.

Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? Minimum of 1800 iRating, minimum license of C 2.0.

Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.

Can I use the paint I want? Yes, but you must respect the Paint Rules of iRacing ESports Network on GSRC broadcast. Also, to support our sponsors, we may force a decal on the rear wing of your car on the broadcast.

Can I join as a reserve or later in the season? No, we are not managing Reserve/Waiting list. We are not allowing new driver to join the series after season starts.

What is the structure of a race day? 
  • Race Day: Thursday
  • Practice: 6pm EDT (180 minutes)
  • Qualifying: 9pm EDT (15 minutes)
  • Race: 9:15pm EDT (45 minutes)
Is it open or fixed setup? 2020/S4 is open setup.

What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules document.

RULES & SETTINGS

All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.

It is mandatory to read the rules document. If you are not following rules, you may received a penalty or be excluded from the series.

SIGNUP SECTION

In favor to help us cover the broadcast expenses, we are asking all members a $10 entry fee.

• The entry fee isn't refundable as soon as the season starts
  • You will be removed from the driver list of you haven't paid a week prior the season start
  • If you have paid and are moved off the drivers list because a Premium member or returning driver signed up, you'll be refunded.

REGISTERED DRIVERS

NOTE THAT IT MAY TAKES 48 HOURS UNTIL YOUR NAME SHOWS ON THE GOOGLE SHEET BELOW

0 x
PRL Director & Owner

JFMatte
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Jean-Francois Matte
iRacing ID: 104905

Re: Indy Pro 2000 Elite Series 2020/S4 Sign Ups & Information

Post by JFMatte » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Woohoo I'm P1 !

*printscreen*
0 x

lafcam93
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: James L David
iRacing ID: James L David / 46078

Post by lafcam93 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:13 pm

I am sorry but i need to cancel my subscribtion.
Thanks for deleting me,
0 x
My fucking banner isn't working so i remove it XD

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:37 pm

lafcam93 wrote: I am sorry but i need to cancel my subscribtion.
Thanks for deleting me,
Thanks for the heads up
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Luis Zambelli
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Luis Zambelli
iRacing ID: 147642

Post by Luis Zambelli » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:58 am

Hi guys,

I've just made my payment for this series.

It was sent from a PayPal account Luis Augusto Silva - pplano@gmail.com

Regards,
2 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID: Owen McLachlan

Post by mclachlanol » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi guys,

Entry fees are due by end of day September 16th. If you have not yet paid please do so when you get a chance. Also we have a few spots left open so if you have any friends who might be interested please feel free to invite them.

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone on track in a couple of weeks.
Owen
0 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America

Re: [CLOSED] Indy Pro 2000 Elite Series 2020/S4 Sign Ups & Information

Post by mclachlanol » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Hey guys,

In case you didn't see the email sent out this Sunday we are combining both the Elite and Amateur series into one race session. This is due to not getting enough sign ups for both divisions. We apologize for the last minute change but we hope that this will keep the grids full during the entire season and avoid having only 10 or so drivers left at the end of the season. We will keep separate championship scoring for each division so even though you will be in the same race as the amateur drivers you will not really be competing against them.

Just to clarify how the points will work with the two divisions. The two classes will be scored completely separate. So the top finishing amateur driver will always score 35 points (even if his overall finishing position was 5th), the second highest amateur will score 33 points, and so on. Same thing for the Elite drivers, any amateur driver in front of you will not take any point away from your championship. Also we are going to add an "AM-" or a "PRO-" before each drivers name in the race so that you can easily figure out who's in what class during the race.

Last thing to note, team sign ups and league invites in iracing will be open by this Friday. It's going to be a little bit messy as far as car numbers are concerned because we are merging the two divisions in one session and I'm guessing there will be a few duplicate numbers. I'll do the best I can to get you the number you signed up with but there is no guarantee. It's going to be a pretty large field to start the season (~45 drivers) but should be a lot of fun.

If you have any questions please PM myself, Matt, or anyone in PRL management.
Hope to see you guys next week!
Owen
1 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Signups are closed and we are announcing official Pro drivers list! Team selection is now open!

Official Pro Drivers
Jean-Francois Matte
Alex Guyon
Aaron Roufs
Andreas Eik
David Sirois
Greg Seitz
Matthew S Hall
Rob Powers
olivier legault
Eric Leblanc
Luis Zambelli
Mitchell Ian Greene
Austin Espitee
Andrew Z Wood
Declan Eady
Joshua Chin
James Stacey
Jimmy Hume
Peter Hebron
David R Rodriguez
Nathaniel Ward
Rafael Ovando
Anders Aarhus
Andre Millette
Sebastien Proulx

Drivers removed for non-payment
Hugo Galaz
Daniel Kranefuss
Tom Wedgwood
Mark MacDonald
Stephen Varady
David MacDonald2
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

dkranes
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Daniel Kranefuss
iRacing ID: Daniel Kranefuss

Post by dkranes » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:08 am

Hi, is it still possible to pay the entry fee for the season?
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:55 am

dkranes wrote: Hi, is it still possible to pay the entry fee for the season?
No too late unfortunately 😕
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America

Post by mclachlanol » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:54 am

Hi all,

Invites to the iracing league page have been sent. Please check your league invites even if you were in the league last year and make sure you are still signed up.
0 x

Mark_MacDonald
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mark T MacDonald
iRacing ID: Mark MacDonald

Post by Mark_MacDonald » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:57 pm

So, let me see if I understand this correctly. You haven’t filled up this series, but without sending any email communication reminding non-paying drivers that they need to pay, you’ve excluded us with no notice. This includes the drivers from the first and third place teams last season... 
I’ve found out from a teammate on discord, not even from the league staff. I’m a premium member and having run in at least 4 championships with you guys I’ve gotten a reminder to pay in 3 of them, including last season in this very series!
Get serious guys, you can’t run a successful league pulling this kinda stuff. The series isn’t full, what’s the logic behind not letting us pay and race on Thursday? 
1 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:52 am

Mark_MacDonald wrote: So, let me see if I understand this correctly. You haven’t filled up this series, but without sending any email communication reminding non-paying drivers that they need to pay, you’ve excluded us with no notice. This includes the drivers from the first and third place teams last season... I’ve found out from a teammate on discord, not even from the league staff. I’m a premium member and having run in at least 4 championships with you guys I’ve gotten a reminder to pay in 3 of them, including last season in this very series!
Even if all drivers would have paid, we wouldn't have had enough drivers for the season. Last season we had 30+ drivers who have paid and there was less than 15 drivers on the last race. Our goal is to have more than 20 drivers on the grid for broadcasted event. What happened last season was concerning, and we needed to do something. We have still try to create separate series one last time, to see if we would get more signups, but we did not :(

We are not sending email to drivers who have not paid, we rather send PM on iRacing forum (from your organisers). Last reminder was sent on Sept. 10th and you signed up on Sept. 13th. We will not send reminder to drivers who don't pay every day... we are have a life... It's simply a courtesy to send that reminder, we are not force to, and no where it's indicated that we will do that.

A few important points:

- Owen reminded in this email thread two times about entry fee (Sept. 10 and 16)
- In this thread it's indicated: You will be removed from the driver list of you haven't paid a week prior the season start
- There is no special treatment for drivers who finish in the top of the last season championships

Like you mentioned, you are a veteran... You know the rules... We have sent email in August to all PRL database about new series and you only signed up 4 days before we close them... Every season you raced with us you had to pay... why do we have to remind you every season? You know that you have to pay. So I'm sorry, but it's your own responsibility to make sure you meant the league criteria to be eligible to race.
Mark_MacDonald wrote:Get serious guys, you can’t run a successful league pulling this kinda stuff. The series isn’t full, what’s the logic behind not letting us pay and race on Thursday? 
If found this comment quite insulting. Our management team put countless of hours to organise and develop this league. We are all doing that on a voluntary basis, no one is paid here. I don't know if anyone notice, but me and Darklol (co-owner) haven't race since 6 months! This is due to the fact that we setup a new forum to bring a new experience to our members. Not serious enough for you?

On a positive note, I can give a few spoiler on our new forum that will come within the next 2 seasons:

- Drivers will be FORCE to pay before registration to a series
- Better communication system to easily send email to all members of the series

I think I've said enough... Everything was in place here so you know to what you expose yourself by not paying... Everything is written in that thread with specific timeline. Why I don't allow you to still join? Because if I'm doing that, I will be opening a can of worm and receive ton of message from drivers who have been removed like you. Those drivers BTW, did understand that it's their own fault to not have paid before the timeline. So to keep integrity of this league, we put specific timeline/rules and we stick with it no matter what's your driver status. This is what a SERIOUS league do. We give you all the info needed here so you can respect criteria to be eligible.

If you want to discuss further, please PM me. 

Hope to see you next season.
2 x
PRL Director & Owner

code_greene
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mitch Greene
iRacing ID: Mitchell Ian Greene

Post by code_greene » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:27 am

Jerome, please direct me towards documentation how to drop from this Indy Pro league. The fact that you guys are being unreasonable about this when there's spots still available, while in the same breath saying you had trouble with getting enough people to sign up, leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. And if my team can't participate I will not be either.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:35 am

code_greene wrote: Jerome, please direct me towards documentation how to drop from this Indy Pro league. The fact that you guys are being unreasonable about this when there's spots still available, while in the same breath saying you had trouble with getting enough people to sign up, leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. And if my team can't participate I will not be either.
I will remove you from the list and send you a refund. 
1 x
PRL Director & Owner

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America

Post by mclachlanol » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:15 am

Just a reminder guys, both Amateur and Elite series were combined. We have about ~45 drivers in the league now, there is no more room available.
0 x

gseitz
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Greg Seitz
iRacing ID: Greg Seitz

Post by gseitz » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Please drop me from the league as well.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:43 pm

gseitz wrote: Please drop me from the league as well.
Ok, refund will be sent tonight 
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Return to “**NEW** Indy Pro 2000 Elite Series [2020/S4]”