St Jude DEGA Benefit Race Broadcasted Live September 1st

**Broadcasted** | SUNDAY | Practice @ 6:10pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EDT)
Season start on September 20th and end on November 22nd
gkorzen25
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Greg Korzen
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 469747

St Jude DEGA Benefit Race Broadcasted Live September 1st

Post by gkorzen25 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:07 pm

Hello to all! There is a benefit race for St. Jude Children's Hospital September 1st at 6:30 pm CST that we are needing some good drivers to put on a show for the bravest kids on this planet. The race will be broadcast-ed live GSCR. The race will consist of 350 mile race at Talladega with FIXED Monster Series. We do have SVRA on board with Tony Parella wanting this to be a success with some possible legends of racing being involved. He has some great racers of the past that are a part of his organization and do not know at this moment who will be taking part of this great benefit. The more viewers, the more donations is our goal. This is purely from the heart for the kids, families, doctors, nurses and volunteers that I could never imagine to know what they all go through. I will be making entry donations myself and all other publications are purely heart driven, nothing else. If interested, you can visit http://korzenfam.com/korzen-suckenik-350 for more information. I did get permission from the wonderful organization PRL to post this and am very grateful for this opportunity. I look forward to hearing from any of you and hope to see some of you on the track. 
5 x

gkorzen25
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Greg Korzen
iRacing ID: 469747

Re: St Jude DEGA Benefit Race Broadcasted Live September 1st

Post by gkorzen25 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:59 pm

We have a some openings left and are looking for some good drivers to help give the kids at St. Jude a race to remember. Click on the link above for more info. Thanks again to PRL, SVRA and GSCR for making this possible!!
1 x

Joshuadaniels
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Joshua
iRacing ID: Joshua daniels

Post by Joshuadaniels » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:46 pm

I just wanted to post my experience with this group of drivers. I raced these guys Saturday after I took the lead a few of them had wrecked themselves so an admin called a caution I guess because its just a practice and this didn't bother me. This allowed a few of them to get in front of me when I came back to the front to pass them they started blocking me when I took it 3 wide they just pinched me and wrecked the whole field when I told them it seemed they where blocking me and they seemed to pinch me on purpose and after the race it looked worse than it did in the car. Some 1s excuse was its practice and we had a reset. After this wreck I seemed to have no drafting friends except 1 I managed to still finish 2nd. I joined a race tonight I didn't start well because they were using open qual and I couldn't find any decent help in qual but to me this didn't matter because there was only like 7 people showed up for the race well on the start the guy 2 cars in front of me didn't go I gave him as much time as I could to get going but he starts going even slower I was forced to pass him or just almost stop on the track I tried to avoid getting a flag but there was no way. I knew there where active admins from the race I did on Saturday so I asked the admins to clear my flag and 2 people started telling me I didn't know iracing rules that I needed to go read the rule book I tried telling them this was just a practice then they started saying it slower that I must not know iracing rules I tried to plead with them only for them to act like i was stupid and didn't understand the rules even more and they never cleared my flag I served it but I was a lap down and off the draft. You all know me here and know i race clean and respectable no matter what I'm driving and iv grown to like a bunch of you this is mainly the reason I chose to share my experience with trying to do this race and let you know this was just a big waste of my time. If anyone is interested I saved the replay. 
2 x

DILLIGAF
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Barron Hilton
iRacing ID: Barron Hilton

Post by DILLIGAF » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:43 am

I’ll check out your replay bro if you want to send it to me. I’m all about helping out for charitable causes, but if the environment is toxic, then it makes it hard to believe in the genuine nature of it.  
Bhilton2327@me.com
1 x

Joshuadaniels
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Joshuadaniels » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:39 am

DILLIGAF wrote: I’ll check out your replay bro if you want to send it to me. I’m all about helping out for charitable causes, but if the environment is toxic, then it makes it hard to believe in the genuine nature of 
I felt proud to be able to use my superspeedway skills for a good cause. Maybe since I made it aware this is how I was treated hopefully every1 after this can have a good experience. As you will see in the replay some1wrecked me on purpose while I'm asking to get my flag cleared. And on the next restart somone els braked me down to almost a stop with me on there bumper i guess trying to give me a double black flag. I forgot to add that part. I'm on my phone ill send you replay when I get home
0 x

DEvans51
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Doug Evans
iRacing ID: 112840

Post by DEvans51 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Joshuadaniels wrote: I just wanted to post my experience with this group of drivers. I raced these guys Saturday after I took the lead a few of them had wrecked themselves so an admin called a caution I guess because its just a practice and this didn't bother me. This allowed a few of them to get in front of me when I came back to the front to pass them they started blocking me when I took it 3 wide they just pinched me and wrecked the whole field when I told them it seemed they where blocking me and they seemed to pinch me on purpose and after the race it looked worse than it did in the car. Some 1s excuse was its practice and we had a reset. After this wreck I seemed to have no drafting friends except 1 I managed to still finish 2nd. I joined a race tonight I didn't start well because they were using open qual and I couldn't find any decent help in qual but to me this didn't matter because there was only like 7 people showed up for the race well on the start the guy 2 cars in front of me didn't go I gave him as much time as I could to get going but he starts going even slower I was forced to pass him or just almost stop on the track I tried to avoid getting a flag but there was no way. I knew there where active admins from the race I did on Saturday so I asked the admins to clear my flag and 2 people started telling me I didn't know iracing rules that I needed to go read the rule book I tried telling them this was just a practice then they started saying it slower that I must not know iracing rules I tried to plead with them only for them to act like i was stupid and didn't understand the rules even more and they never cleared my flag I served it but I was a lap down and off the draft. You all know me here and know i race clean and respectable no matter what I'm driving and iv grown to like a bunch of you this is mainly the reason I chose to share my experience with trying to do this race and let you know this was just a big waste of my time. If anyone is interested I saved the replay. 
Still mad at myself that I couldn't push you to the win on Saturday. Damn oil temps..... For the main event it looks like there might need to be some coordination for qualifying so we don't get left out on an island.
0 x

Joshuadaniels
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Joshuadaniels » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:35 pm

You did an awesome job though Doug we almost had them with just me and you. photo finish
1 x

Return to “**NEW** NASCAR Cup Series [2020/S4]”