The Lazy Gator Lounge

MAXIMUM 2400 IRATING ALLOWED
THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 18th and end on August 20th
bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Dan Barnett
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Daniel Barnett

The Lazy Gator Lounge

Post by bonaduce » Tue May 19, 2020 3:29 pm

Had to shutter the lounge due to the pandemic, but rest assured we will be reopening soon with an all new exciting menu of food and drink just in time for your summer enjoyment.
Sincerely;
The Management
3 x

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID: Paul Wildridge

Re: The Lazy Gator Lounge

Post by paulwildridge » Fri May 22, 2020 1:45 pm

I really enjoy these!
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
iRacing ID: 194814

Post by TRG » Tue May 26, 2020 12:35 am

Me too, I really missed them this past season!
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert
iRacing ID: David Hebert

Post by CajunGrit » Tue May 26, 2020 11:04 am

Agreed!
0 x

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by bonaduce » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:03 pm

Well gents with just 2 short weeks before the lounge officially reopens I thought I would let you all in on how we were able to weather the COVID storm.  We all know that once a person finds a watering hole they like, they and the other patrons become like a family and will do whatever it takes to be together, even if they are under lockdown.  So with that in mind, the lounge became a speakeasy and served only the finest alcohol and entrees that we were able to get our hands on, and with that I present to you the unofficial Lazy Gator COVID-19 lockdown drink and dinner special, soon to be gone from the lounge for good.

PRUNO:  
             Ingredients:  3 liter jug of Cran-Grape juice, (or other juice if you want)
                                   1 and 3/4 cup of sugar
                                   1 package of bakers yeast
                                   1 condom (non lubricated)
             Procedure:
                                  Empty  enough juice out of the container to allow you to add the sugar and yeast, replace the cap and
                                  shake for 4-5 minutes.  Remove cap and place condom over the spout, wait 4-6 hours, when the condom
                                  is inflated take a needle and poke a hole in the tip.  Place juice container on your counter if you want and
                                  wait approximately 2 weeks, or the condom deflates.  You are now ready to drink.

Slammin' Slammer Mac and Cheese:

Ingredients:
                                                  Cheetos Puffs
                                                  Ramen
                                                  Summer Sausage

Procedure:
                                                Crush the cheese puffs inside the bag as fine as you can get them, you will not use all the
                                                Cheetos and do not ruin the bag, you'll need it later.  Next cut the summer sausage into bite size
                                                pieces.  Break up your ramen noodles and add them and the sausage to your Cheeto bag, add
                                                hot tap water and seal your bag with a rubber band.  Let stand and cook for several minutes for
                                                the ramen to soften and absorb the cheesy goodness.  

Pour yourself a glass of pruno and get a plate full of mac and cheese while hanging with your other COVID prisoners at the lounge.  Thanks for sticking with us and please remember to tip the waitresses.

The Management

legal disclaimer: Please for the love of all who is holy, try this at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
3 x

TRG
Manager
Canada

Post by TRG » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:09 pm

Speaking from experience, champagne yeast will work better. You know, better, faster, stronger, right?
0 x

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by bonaduce » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:24 pm

Wow, just three short days until the season starts and the Lounge gets to welcome back our rabid race fans, and some just rabid regulars.  News is the management team was able to save a few dollars during the pandemic that we are able to hire a house band.  I hear they sound much better after a few drinks. So with that in mind I present to you this weeks specials.  As we wheel our chariots around Barber Motorsports in good ole Alabama, through the 180 bender, the corkscrew and the ever menacing spider sculpture.  I hope many of you will be tipping a beverage back and yelling at the barkeep to keep your glasses full.                                                                                                                                                           
The Alabama Slammer:                                                                                                                                                                                         Ingredients:  
1 oz Southern Comfort  
1 oz Sloe Gin     
1 oz Ameretto   
2 oz Fresh Orange Juice

Procedure:  Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice and shake.  Strain into a highball glass over fresh ice, garnish with an orange                             slice and a cherry, and serve with a straw for those fancy folks among us.

All dinners will be served with a side of Alabama white barbecue sauce, and most likely deep fried!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                   
Alabama White Sauce:                                                                                                                                                                                          Ingredients:                                                                                                                                                                                        
2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 prepared extra hot horseradish
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice  
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper  
2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard  
1 teaspoon kosher salt  
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder                                                    

Procedure:  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Whisk together thoroughly until creamy and smooth, cover and refrigerate until                                 ready for use.
Enjoy; 
The Management 
P.S.  Link to the house band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fURYmOkKWjg .  Please support your local musicians, and remember to tip your waitress.                                                                                                                                                                                                      

4 x

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by bonaduce » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Well what an exciting first round we had at Barber Motorsports, now we head to the to the mid-west and Lucas Oil raceway.   Indianapolis, home of the Colts, the Pacers, top fuel driver Antron Brown, the state that gave us Larry Bird, oh and that little race on Memorial day weekend,  The Indianapolis 500.  (had to mention an indy car for Paul).  Will these little wing cars be able to survive the constant turn left or feel the over whelming force to make a right hand turn.  After 45 minutes we will know the answer, and being inspired by Jim Neighbors and the glass quart of milk that the 500 winner gets to drink I present to you this weeks drink special.
The Grasshopper
Ingredients:
  1 oz Crème de Menthe (green).  Not to be confused with Heisenbergs blue meth
  1 oz White Crème de Cacao
  1 oz Light Cream
Procedure:  In a cocktail shaker full of ice combine all ingredients and shake until chilled, strain mixture into a cocktail glass and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Entrée:
Mom Unser’s Indy Chili
  1 pound lean pork
  1 medium onion, diced
  1 clove garlic
  20-ounce can of tomatoes
  3 small cans mild or medium green chiles
  1 pinch dried oregano
  Ground red chili to taste
  Salt to taste
Procedure:
  1. Trim fat from pork and cut into small cubes.
  2. Saute pork, onion, and garlic together in large skillet.
  3. Squeeze tomatoes through fingers, add to skillet with tomato juice from tomatoes.
  4. Drain and chop chilies.
  5. Add chiles, oregano, and salt to the mixture.
  6. Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat and simmer about 35 minutes or until thickened and meat is tend

With the success of the house band, the Lounge has decided to throw a virtual music festival and we were able to sign this band first, what a coup to be able to get these musicians to play at our little venue.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2eeGRiC8RY
Enjoy and remember to tip your waitress, cause I certainly don't pay them enough.
The Management

4 x

TRG
Manager
Canada

Post by TRG » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:48 pm

This is so awesome.
0 x

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by bonaduce » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 am

Sorry for the late update to this weeks menu, we had an unscheduled visit from the Health Department and several other agencies this past week.  Had an newly hired waitress make up the roadside sign with the weekend specials.  Well she decided to place this message "WE HAVE CORONA", hence the Health Department visit.  So during their inspection and testing they discover my chefs secret oregano, which now explains the spike in pasta dishes, and patrons asking for their oregano on the side in a Ziploc bag.  Thank god he is documented, Canadian,  otherwise we would have some serious federal agencies involved.  Some gator cash exchanged hands, a promise of some "retraining" with a bag of Cheetos and all was forgotten.  Enough, to Miami we head this week, sun, sand, hot cars and even hotter women in bikinis.  Oops that reminds me I have "retraining" class scheduled in 5 minutes better get a move on.

Classic Hurricane:
Ingredients: Procedure:  In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, squeeze the juice from half a lime.  Pour remaining ingredients into the shaker and shake well until the outside of the shake becomes frosty.  Strain into a hurricane glass filled with ice, garnish and enjoy.

Entrée:  Cuban Picadillo
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cuo chopped onion
8 oz tomato sauce
1/2 cup sliced pimiento stuffed olives
1/4 raisins
1 tbs cider vinegar
2 cups hot cooked rice
fresh cilantro leaves, optional

Procedure:
In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with pepper and onion over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.  Stir in tomato sauce, olives, raisins and vinegar: bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, simmer uncovered until raisins are softented, 5-6 minutes.  Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro leaves.

Also a special side dish for the holiday weekend:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aUNmtSgB0c   ,won't type out do to Homeland security may be watching my internet history.

For the festival I attempted to get Darius Rucker, unfortunately he was booked.  He suggested this gentleman and I signed him immediately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK__-fGo_Ew
Enjoy, see you on the track and remember to tip your waitress, she is going to need it after her retraining.

The Management
4 x

bonaduce
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by bonaduce » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Welcome back ladies and gentleman.  Hope you all had a good 4th.  Here at the lounge all was good, only one minor accident when a bottle rocket went of earlier than expected and wound up lodging itself in the cleavage of the waitress on duty.  The patrons enjoyed the show and some even offered to apply the burn cream, however I am finding it extremely hard to keep waitresses on staff this year.  So we end up in OHIO this week, what can we say about OHIO, let me think about this...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..  Well I think that about sums it up.  Onto the drink and food specials this week.

The Buckeye Blitz:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz Red Stagg Cherry Bourbon
1 oz Grenadine
3 oz Lemonade (or to taste)
Procedure:
Combine all ingredients in a shaker, shake and strain into glass and garnish with a cherry

Entrée:
2 lbs ground beef
1 quart water, or amount to cover
2 onions finely chopped
1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
2 tbs vinegar
2 tps Worcestershire sauce (pronounced wishitwereyoursister)
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup chili powder
1 1/2 tps salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tps ground cinnamon
1/2 tps ground cayenne pepper
5 whole cloves
5 whole allspice berries
1 bay leaf

Procedure:
Place the ground beef in a large pan, cover with about 1 quart of cold water, and bring to a boil, stirring and breaking up the beef with a fork to a fine texture. Slowly boil until the meat is thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes, then remove from heat and refrigerate in the pan overnight.
The next day, skim the solid fat from the top of the pan, and discard the fat. Place the beef mixture over medium heat, and stir in the onions, tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chocolate, chili powder, salt, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, cloves, allspice berries, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours. Add water if necessary to prevent the chili from burning.
Serve the 4-way,  ladle over spaghetti and top with raw chopped onions, grated mild cheese and oyster crackers.

Felt the festival needed a little southern vibe, so these gentleman will be on the second stage:

Enjoy, and if you know of a good waitress please send her our way
The Management
2 x

paulwildridge
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID: Paul Wildridge

Post by paulwildridge » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:36 pm

I gotta start making this stuff! And heck yeah Indycar!
0 x
"I wipe my own ***"

TRG
Manager
Canada

Post by TRG » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:47 am

We are going to have a party. Everyone has to bring one lazy gator recipe.
0 x

Return to “US F2000 Amateur Series [2020/S3]”