Schedule

MAXIMUM 2400 IRATING ALLOWED
THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 18th and end on August 20th
TRG
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Tyler Gore
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 194814

Re: Schedule

Post by TRG » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Like you say, it's an amateur series with a wide range of skills across our lineup. Setup differences aren't going to make a world of difference with the skills gap.

Let's give it a try with an open mind before we get the complaint department involved.
0 x
PRL iRacing Manager & Chief Road Steward

chatley59
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Brenden Chatley
iRacing ID: Brenden Chatley2

Post by chatley59 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:16 pm

TRG wrote: Like you say, it's an amateur series with a wide range of skills across our lineup. Setup differences aren't going to make a world of difference with the skills gap.

Let's give it a try with an open mind before we get the complaint department involved.
I think the whole idea of a non broadcasted amateur series is mostly for fun. Not saying it can’t be competitive too because I’m sure it will be. But, me personally, and I’m sure there are others too, I don’t want to nitpick setups to gain that extra second to be even more competitive. I’d rather just have to learn the track and not have to worry about tinkering with setups to keep up with people who might put hours on end making setups each week. I think that might be what Bubba was trying to say, and not really complaining. 
0 x

bryanrossi
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Bryan Rossi
iRacing ID: Bryan Rossi

Post by bryanrossi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:44 am

I like the open setups. I feel that if the Pro series has Open we might as well learn how to tweak setups now. It'll make the transition to more difficult series a smoother transition. It will be a learning curve for me this season but better now than later.
2 x

wake911
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Rob Powers
iRacing ID: 284025

Post by wake911 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:25 pm

bryanrossi wrote: I like the open setups. I feel that if the Pro series has Open we might as well learn how to tweak setups now. It'll make the transition to more difficult series a smoother transition. It will be a learning curve for me this season but better now than later.
basically my thoughts exactly.  Learning curve for sure, but looking forward to the struggle and coming out the other end more knowledgable.
1 x

CajunGrit
Social Medias Manager
United States of America
Full Name: David Hebert
iRacing ID: David Hebert

Post by CajunGrit » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Can the powers that be create us a thread for posting setups on the forum for everyone? Or maybe create a section in the PRL discord for posting setups? That way we can all be on the same page, level out the playing field, and maybe have some setup talk to get those of us with no setup experience started down the road of learning how to do it for ourselves?
0 x

Wingnut
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Kevin Santana
iRacing ID: Kevin Santana

Post by Wingnut » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:03 pm

CajunGrit wrote: Can the powers that be create us a thread for posting setups on the forum for everyone?  Or maybe create a section in the PRL discord for posting setups?  That way we can all be on the same page, level out the playing field, and maybe have some setup talk to get those of us with no setup experience started down the road of learning how to do it for ourselves?
There are many posts on the forums that can tech you how to make a setup. Pretty much any of the older road cars have something stickied to the top of the particular car forum. When I get on later tonight I’ll see what I can find and post links. 
1 x

mclachlanol
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID: Owen McLachlan

Post by mclachlanol » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Here is a link to a chart that I use a lot:

Setup Chart

Here is a good post with lots of information:

Setup Resources

The posts are the Renault 2.0 but it works the same for the USf2000 and any winged car. Keep in mind that the rear wing settings for the USF2000 are backwards from what the description says, i.e. A1 has the most down force.

Edit - Just saw the setup post, I'll put those in there.
1 x

Return to “US F2000 Amateur Series [2020/S3]”