Round 5: Sebring International Raceway - International (July 16)

MINIMUM 2000 IRATING REQUIRED
**Broadcasted** | THURSDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 18th and end on August 20th
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Aaron Webb

Round 5: Sebring International Raceway - International (July 16)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:33 am

Race Time of day: 2020-07-18 15:50
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career PRL Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 23 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

JFMatte
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Jean-Francois Matte
iRacing ID: 104905

Re: Round 5: Sebring International Raceway - International (July 16)

Post by JFMatte » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:54 pm

I'll be missing this one too, a last minute family vacation...I should be good for the rest of the season though ! Have a good one :-)
0 x

Mark_MacDonald
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mark T MacDonald
iRacing ID: Mark MacDonald

Post by Mark_MacDonald » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:20 pm

I want to apologize to Brandon for our contact onto the back straight. I was cranked over with cold tires and had to lift to avoid running off the track and he had no where to go. I feel super crappy about it and I think we were robbed of a really fun end battle. 
It was a great race to that point and it’s made me really excited for the upcoming rounds. 
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:44 am

I need to also apologize for cutting down into Liam's line on the last corner of lap 1 which damaged his wing and I believe collected Byron after that. My rejoin in the corner after the first lap spin was not the greatest. I had a 0x on Daniel when 4 of us were battling. It was very slight contact but I saw he got out of shape so wanted to apologize for that as well. Not happy with my driving this week and sorry for who it effected.
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

dkranes
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Daniel Kranefuss
iRacing ID: Daniel Kranefuss

Post by dkranes » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:05 am

Hey Nick, no worries about our contact on lap 9. That was a fun scrappy battle. When it happened I actually thought I squeezed you a bit on the entry into Tower. I looked at the replay and it's definitely not your fault, I consider it a racing incident. My left rear was mangled for less than a second but then got the magic repair, car seemed unaffected.
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:27 am

Okay thanks Daniel. We have had some great battles this season, the midpack is where its at! So many of us are close there on pace.

I know i am being a bit hard on myself I just never want to see someone else's race get effected by something i could potentially avoided but i guess sometimes this happens in racing and i am happy it did not effect your car.

I have a feeling spa is going to be crazy with the short 6th gear in this car lol, cant wait for next week!
0 x
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

dkranes
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Daniel Kranefuss
iRacing ID: Daniel Kranefuss

Post by dkranes » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:55 am

Haha, Spa with a short 6th gear. Yeah!

Having flashbacks to Jonny Edgar insisting on bump drafting down the Kemmel straight in F3 every lap.
0 x

CaptainCanada
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: Marc Ponick
iRacing ID: Marc J Ponick

Post by CaptainCanada » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:49 pm

nickthequick wrote:  the midpack is where its at! 
Lol, isn't that always the way? Or am I just always Mid Pack and don't know any better? - 1. I am, 2. I do now after watching the replay - Seitz / Chin was pretty amazing racing.
I've always said that I don't care if I'm racing for 1st or 21st as long as it's fun, and the racing is clean. Fortunately I do usually get both.

Wondering if anyone is running VRS setups essentially as-is? Not really sure how to tune beyond the basics (wings, diff, toe / camber, ARB, BB) and with time being a bit tight, much prefer to practice consistency with a stable car than experiment with tuning. Don't expect to get up to speed w/ top guys, but I do feel I'm missing something with this car.
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America

Post by nickthequick » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:10 pm

CaptainCanada wrote:
Lol, isn't that always the way? Or am I just always Mid Pack and don't know any better? - 1. I am, 2. I do now after watching the replay - Seitz / Chin was pretty amazing racing.
I've always said that I don't care if I'm racing for 1st or 21st as long as it's fun, and the racing is clean. Fortunately I do usually get both.

Wondering if anyone is running VRS setups essentially as-is? Not really sure how to tune beyond the basics (wings, diff, toe / camber, ARB, BB) and with time being a bit tight, much prefer to practice consistency with a stable car than experiment with tuning. Don't expect to get up to speed w/ top guys, but I do feel I'm missing something with this car.
I typically try Craigs setup and vrs and then choose whichever one works better.  Sometimes minor tweaks but i find i gain more time keeping it mostly the same and comparing my sectors to the vrs telemetry.  Keep in mind im probably average at best :D
0 x

CaptainCanada
Rookie Member
Canada
Full Name: Marc Ponick
iRacing ID: Marc J Ponick

Post by CaptainCanada » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:20 pm

nickthequick wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

I typically try Craigs setup and vrs and then choose whichever one works better.  Sometimes minor tweaks but i find i gain more time keeping it mostly the same and comparing my sectors to the vrs telemetry.  Keep in mind im probably average at best :D
I do check the telemetry vs the VRS laps a lot, probably my favourite feature of that service. It never occurred to me to use the VRS blap ghost car when testing in the same track settings as Julianne used. By using the comparison lap by sector I found I just wasn't trusting the car's grip enough and had more apex speed available than I had thought. Whether my driving skills can utilize that properly remains to be seen.  :geek:
0 x

Return to “Indy Pro 2000 Elite Series [2020/S3] - Sponsored by SIMMSA”