Changes for Tuesday Night GTE Series
Drivers, welcome to the 2020 - Season 3 round of GTE competitions. We are excited once again for this new season and hope to provide you our members a spectacular platform for which you can enjoy your sim racing hobby with friends and competitors.
As the Organizers of your league, we wanted to take this opportunity to advise you all a few changes we are implementing for this season and moving forward and feel that it is important that everyone understand how these small changes affect how we race.
· The Orange Zone is going to be expanded to include the entirety of lap 1 from start/finish to start/finish.
· What the Orange Zone means to you is that while passing on lap 1 is allowed, you as the passing driver are responsible to execute the pass cleanly without causing incidents that will impact either yourself or any other driver.
· This also means that if you are the driver that is being passed cleanly, you are not to make any moves to jeopardize the pass and cause an incident.
· Every race, the entirety of lap 1 will be reviewed, recorded and uploaded to YouTube and the link will be posted publicly in the forum thread of that round.
· Should any incidents be identified during lap 1, this will be submitted to the Stewards of the league for review.
iRacing BoP and Car Changes
· Moving forward, Precision Racing League will allow ONE (1) car change should iRacing introduce a BoP change to any of the GTE cars up through round 5 only.
· All drivers will have exactly one week (7 days) to make a decision and post the requested car change in the forum from when Jerome sends out the “official notice” of the BoP change.
o After the 7 days, there will be no car choice changes allowed.
· The announcements are made by Jerome in the forums as well as an email sent to all league drivers. (It is imperative and highly important that YOU ensure that your email address is up to date and current with this league. You can go into your profile and double check this. Now would be a very good time especially for those who have been here a while).
· As mentioned above, there will only be one car change allowed if a BoP is introduced up through round 5 of the series.
o If two BoP’s are introduced before round 5, there will be no second opportunity to switch cars. You will only be given the one opportunity and that is it. No exceptions.
Again, we want to welcome you to this new season of ultra-competitive racing. We hope that you enjoy your racing with the PRL GTE league. And remember, we do this for fun. We do this to build a community of like-minded individuals and to compete against one another. Building a community takes commitment on each of our parts. It also means learning to compromise with one another as none of us are perfect and mistakes do happen. We wish you all the best of luck in this new season.
Cristian & Kenny