Round 1: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace -Grand Prix (June 16)

**Broadcasted** | TUESDAY | Practice @ 6:20pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 16th and end on August 25th
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Aaron Webb

Round 1: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace -Grand Prix (June 16)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:22 am

Race Time of day: 2020-06-13 12:15
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling.
Fast Repair: 0
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 22 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

Ken Rodriguez
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Kenneth Rodriguez

Re: Round 1: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace -Grand Prix (June 16)

Post by Ken Rodriguez » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:37 am

Welcome to Round 1 gents!

We are super excited for this season. We have a few returning drivers from previous seasons coming back and a few new faces joining our community for Tuesday night racing. Our hope is that the series will continue to grow exponentially as we evolve as a league and a racing community. So strap yourself in and tighten those safety belts... it's gonna be a wild ride.

Now, down to housekeeping business and the PRE-RACE NOTES.

Orange Zone Rules
Gentle reminder about the new rules set forth about the first lap. The entirety of lap one is considered an "Orange Zone". Passing is allowed within the OZ however must be completed cleanly and without incident. Lap 1 is automatically reviewed and uploaded to YouTube. A link will be posted to said video a few days after the race in that venues' thread. The Stewards will award penalty points to those who are found at fault of the incident. Don't be "that guy"!

Racing at Interlagos
Interlagos is a fast paced, semi-technical track with a second sector that challenges your ability to remain consistent. With one long true straight and a long left-handed bended sweeper leading up to the start/finish line, there is ample room for overtaking and seriously close racing. Lap 1/ Turn 1 is almost always an area of contention during the race starts. This is your reminder that "you are to give each other plenty of room to race heading into turn 1 at the commencement of the race session." Equally, coming out of the Senna esses onto the long straight can also cause havoc amongst drivers who take a too aggressive driving posture and can cause wrecks. Again, we caution you to give each other ample space to race, do not cut anyone off and DO NOT PINCH anyone to the inside our outside of the racing surface. This will only lead to accidents!!!

The end of the long straight is a great overtaking opportunity if you have a good run on the car in front of you. It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver to complete the pass without incident. It is equally the responsibility of the driver being overtaken "not to block" as this is a protestable offense and can lead to being awarded penalty points. Let's keep it clean and courteous out there guys.

As mentioned above, the 2nd sector of the track is quite challenging. Stay focused on your race line and don't get caught out there on the grass. It will be very difficult to rejoin the racing surface because of the elevation changes.

Pit entry and exit at Interlagos is a straight forward affair. If you are pitting in and have someone directly behind you, you may consider announcing your intentions as many drivers use that low line on the left sweeper to drive a more direct line for a faster lap time. And as you exit the pits, remember that you must not cut over the white pit exit line or you will receive a drive through penalty by the iRacing sim.

Race Broadcast
We want each of you to remember that every race is being broadcast live on the GSRC YouTube channel. As such, we fully expect that your behavior on track is representative of this league and what it stands for. This is your opportunity to shine in front of hundreds of viewers and showcase yourself as that great and talented driver that you are. We want to put on a great show for all viewers of the series so that they will keep coming back. It's also an opportunity for us as a league to recruit new talent into our ranks. So go and race your best out there and know that the broadcasters could be watching you at any given point.  ;)

Final Thoughts
As your organizers, we sincerely hope that you have a great time racing with the Precision Racing League this season and encourage you to tell your sim racing friends about us. Invite your friends and family to watch our live broadcasts too. That is all for now. Best of luck to each of you.

Cristian & Kenny
1 x

westracing01
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Ross
iRacing ID: Michael M Ross

Post by westracing01 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:53 am

This is as good a place as any to post... This season the field is STACKED. The quality of the field assembled is something to be proud of.
3 x

teddywoods72
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID: Ted Loewendick

Post by teddywoods72 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:44 pm

I put up a 3 hour practice...accidentally left out the Ford though. Sorry all my Ford guys out there. :/
1 x

Ken Rodriguez
Organiser
United States of America

Post by Ken Rodriguez » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:49 am

teddywoods72 wrote: I put up a 3 hour practice...accidentally left out the Ford though. Sorry all my Ford guys out there. :/
#rigged  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

westracing01
United States of America

Post by westracing01 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:29 am

teddywoods72 wrote: I put up a 3 hour practice...accidentally left out the Ford though. Sorry all my Ford guys out there. :/
Booo! Haha. Doesn't matter, my car's junk anyway. I don't know if something changed or what but I cannot keep the rear tires under this thing no matter what I do. 
0 x

Keith Calzone
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Keith Calhoun
iRacing ID: 267895

Post by Keith Calzone » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Organizers,

I am in the middle of a move. It is long distance from California to Texas. I had to ship everything on a U-box today for it to arrive in Texas July 1st. I write you this to inform you that I will miss the first 3 weeks of the GTE series. Will I be able to race the rest of the season when I am back online? 

Thank you,
Keith Calhoun
0 x

dvdstvsn
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: David Steveson
iRacing ID: 451115

Post by dvdstvsn » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:39 pm

Oh boy what a tough race!
Couple take aways for me...
First, I need to 'git gud' as everyone else was just super fast.
Second, the Porsche, although easier for me to drive, seems lacking overall pace.

Also hopefully I let everyone through painlessly, if I didn't let me know but I definitely tried.
Good to finish the first race though and get it under my belt.
Congrats to the winner and I look forward to watching the replay from the GSRC YouTube later.

-Cheers

p.s. At least I felt pretty out there in my pink car.... LOL
0 x

Ken Rodriguez
Organiser
United States of America

Post by Ken Rodriguez » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:12 pm

Lap 1 Review YouTube Video Link Click Here.
0 x

westracing01
United States of America

Post by westracing01 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:45 am

Definitely not the way I wanted to start the season. That turn 1 was a mess. First contact wasn't bad, but I don't think Matheus would've made the corner if I wasn't in the way. Shoving it in there 4 wide wasn't great. Recovered OK but made a horrible mistake getting into Chris later. He was just slower through T4 than I thought and I was trying to get a good run out of there. I could carry good speed into that corner which caught me twice. Once with Chris and once later with Horacio. Got into the corner really good but had to get on the brakes harder than I wanted when I saw he was a little slower.

Fair bit of blocking going on, nothing too crazy and nothing to make a stink over, but it was there. Hard track to pass on. I could not draft up on the Ferrari's. Bent nose didn't help that either.

But, it's the same for everyone. I'm worried for sure about T1 at Monza. That's usually a mess no matter what and if guys don't give each other room and chill a little bit on the first lap we're going to have a pileup next week.

Still, had some fun and some good battles there in the middle trying to get back up to the top 10. Really strong field so I understand why guys want to get all they can in the first couple laps. The fast guys, once they get into a rhythm are really hard to catch.
1 x

Paulowsky21
Premium Member
Chile
Full Name: Paulo Munoz

Post by Paulowsky21 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:28 am

westracing01 wrote: Definitely not the way I wanted to start the season. That turn 1 was a mess. First contact wasn't bad, but I don't think Matheus would've made the corner if I wasn't in the way. Shoving it in there 4 wide wasn't great. Recovered OK but made a horrible mistake getting into Chris later. He was just slower through T4 than I thought and I was trying to get a good run out of there. I could carry good speed into that corner which caught me twice. Once with Chris and once later with Horacio. Got into the corner really good but had to get on the brakes harder than I wanted when I saw he was a little slower.

Fair bit of blocking going on, nothing too crazy and nothing to make a stink over, but it was there. Hard track to pass on. I could not draft up on the Ferrari's. Bent nose didn't help that either.

But, it's the same for everyone. I'm worried for sure about T1 at Monza. That's usually a mess no matter what and if guys don't give each other room and chill a little bit on the first lap we're going to have a pileup next week.

Still, had some fun and some good battles there in the middle trying to get back up to the top 10. Really strong field so I understand why guys want to get all they can in the first couple laps. The fast guys, once they get into a rhythm are really hard to catch.
I agree with what was stated here. Even though the initial contact was caused by Chris, the crash could've been avoided if Matheus didn't send it like he did. I was on voice chat with Chris and I know for a fact he was focusing on the car coming in way to hot on the left and sort of ran out of room. Still, only one contact on T1 is pretty good I think. 
2 x

rrusso
Rookie Member
Brazil
Full Name: Rafael Russo
iRacing ID: 355007

Post by rrusso » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Hello guys...glad to be back in another season

Looks like im the only crazy with Beamer, right?

Yesterday was not the race i wanted...i know that my qualy was slower than the top 10, but i know i had a good pace in this track, so i started wondering in finish in top 10.

Unfortunately a incident in lap 3 made me spun in T1, so i have to wait all the cars goes by, loose a lot of time going to last position.

As a championship well balanced like this one....when u fall 20s behind is almost impossible to recover...i try my best and finished p23. Have some good fights with the guys, specially the Porsches, because Ferrari on the straights was almost impossible to catch :)

Now looking forward to Monza and Glen, hope have better luck and competence there
1 x

LiamJenkins
Rookie Member
Great Britain
Full Name: Liam Jenkins
iRacing ID: 427715

Post by LiamJenkins » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Not the way I wanted to start here at PRL. I was live-streaming and was recommended to make some wheel setting changes 40 mins before the race. I struggled to get used to them and lost about 2 seconds of pace per lap. Was absolutely gutted but watching the broadcast back, It was an amazing race! Looking forward to next week!
2 x

dvdstvsn
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: David Steveson
iRacing ID: 451115

Post by dvdstvsn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:29 pm

LiamJenkins wrote: Not the way I wanted to start here at PRL. I was live-streaming and was recommended to make some wheel setting changes 40 mins before the race. I struggled to get used to them and lost about 2 seconds of pace per lap. Was absolutely gutted but watching the broadcast back, It was an amazing race! Looking forward to next week!
100% felt the same. I was happy to have a bit of a battle with you early before having some of the fast guys that had offs early come back through and then having a couple moments myself. Then any remnants of confidence I had left towards the end of the race was pretty much depleted as the tires dropped off  a cliff and I had to work extremely hard to get the car home.

Week 13 of Season 2 ruined me as I just didn't want to drive by myself in practice sessions and there were no good/interesting official races. Definitely focused on Monza to at least show better pace but with the Ferrari's and Ford's being so fast in a straight line I dunno how us Porsche's will fare... 
0 x

neruxxx
Rookie Member
Chile
Full Name: Ignacio Hortal
iRacing ID: Ignacio Hortal

Post by neruxxx » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:29 pm

i did an oopsie, wanted to avoid more oopsies so pitted early and cruised. good field so its gonna be harder to get top10s.
0 x

Return to “GTE Sportscar Series [2020/S3] - Sponsored by SIMMSA”