Round 4: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (July 7)

**Broadcasted** | TUESDAY | Practice @ 6:20pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 16th and end on August 25th
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Aaron Webb

Round 4: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (July 7)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:20 am

Race Time of day: 2020-07-04 8:45
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

PRE-RACE DRIVER'S NOTES

Welcome to Round 4 at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park affectionately known simply as "Mosport". With its fast sweeping turns, an all not too straight back stretch and the infamous Moss Corner where many o' dreams have been shattered, this venue should prove to be an exceptional venue for our GTE cars. 

Racing at Mosport
Mosport is an exciting track to race on. Racing into turn 1 at the start is always an exhilarating experience. With the ability to go in two wide, side by side action will be in abundance. As always, we advise all drivers to give each other room to race. You do not have to dive into turn one as you will lose "ALL" of your momentum on corner exit. You will also run the risk of sliding wide and up the track into one of your competitors. No doubt that turn 2 will catch a few drivers out that go in too hot. Again, be mindful of your surroundings and your rejoins should IN NO WAY impede the racing happening out on track. 
Going into Moss corner (turns 5 and 6) can be a tricky situation on cool tires. Watch your entry speed and try and stay out of the gravel to the outside. Coming out of Moss corner can either make or break your race here. With the draft being a strong component in order to stay competitive and in the hunt, you're going to want your corner exit out of turn 6 to be bang on. Slow in, fast out and get that run up the back stretch. 
The rest of Mosport is open ground for some great battles and overtaking. As the overtaking car, it is your responsibility to ensure a clean pass without incident. As the car being passed, once the car behind you has established their right to be there, you cannot make any moves to block the advancement. You are allowed one move and one move only either to the inside or outside of the racing surface when facing being passed. A second move to try and block the pass is a protestable offense so don't be "that guy"! Race hard, but race fair. This is what Precision Racing League is all about. We're building community ties with one another as we compete against each other. Let us all race and treat each other with the same respect that we each deserve from one another. 

REMINDER: YOU HAVE UNTIL 11:59 PM EDT TONIGHT / 03:59 GMT (08 JULY 2020) TO MAKE A FINAL DECISION ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE GOING TO SWITCH CARS DUE TO THE IRACING BOP ADJUSTMENT LAST WEEK.

Final Thoughts
Speaking from an Organizer's perspective, I feel that the racing this season has been very close to top notch from the front of the pack to the back. I credit each one of you for making this so and while the racing hasn't been perfect and some have been caught on the broadcast being naughty, I think that we can all attest that when you're out on track battling for position and trying to gain those precious tenths and even hundredths of a second, things can get pretty wild pretty fast. None the less, I want to encourage each of you to continue to race hard and fair as has been evident for the most part. The broadcasts have been fantastic for the GSRC to call out the action on track and some of you have been shining greatly. Remember that to put on a good show, with all of the attention that Sim-Racing eSports has been gaining recently can only work to our benefit in growing the community and the eSport. Let's also keep that in mind as we race hard out there.  

That is all. Good luck to all!

Your Organizers,
Cristian & Kenny
0 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career PRL Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 23 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

teddywoods72
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID: Ted Loewendick

Re: Round 4: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (July 7)

Post by teddywoods72 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:58 pm

This week's 'hosTed' practice session will be live at 7:30 PM ET.
Session Length -> 5 HOURS
In Sim Time -> 5:40AM-10:40AM.
Starting Track State -> 50% usage.
No password. Have fun, and be nice to the admin(s) :)
0 x

dvdstvsn
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: David Steveson
iRacing ID: 451115

Post by dvdstvsn » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:16 pm

Hate to have to miss a second week but I'll be out tonight as well. I haven't had any time to get any races/practice in for this track and with BoP changes I'm going to look toward next week to come back in the Ferrari.
0 x

StacyDunegan
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Stacy Dunegan
iRacing ID: Stacy Dunegan

Post by StacyDunegan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:52 pm

Some people need to learn to drive around others. Two different top 10 points drivers ruined my race tonight. Thanks.
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

Post by jeromef1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:13 pm

StacyDunegan wrote: Some people need to learn to drive around others. Two different top 10 points drivers ruined my race tonight. Thanks.
You can use protest form if you judge it's needed. 
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

westracing01
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Ross
iRacing ID: Michael M Ross

Post by westracing01 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:49 pm

Helluva race back there between Horacio and myself for the last step on the podium. Made two errors, took too much fuel, and pitted the same lap he did. Thought I was faster than him but after the pit stop he was even pace until the last few laps but it was too late.

I know the broadcast thought it was a tad foolhardy to try to throw it down the inside into T9 but the car was so good on exit through T8 that I could make up a ton of ground. Thought I might catch P4 by surprise but it didn't work out. Thankfully he gave me room and we soldiered on. Lap or two later he messed up T9/T10 and I returned the favor by not pressing it.

Good race. Little disappointed as I thought I had pace for the podium but I'll take the top 5 and head to Italy.

The grid looked like a Ford dealership at the start  :D
0 x

rrusso
Rookie Member
Brazil
Full Name: Rafael Russo
iRacing ID: 355007

Post by rrusso » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:42 am

Not a good round yesterday. New track for me, bought specially for the league. Didnt find a good pace for BMW there, so my focus was to be constant and try to make no mistakes. Did one going to grass wich cost me 2 positions...my goal was to finish in top 10 as i didnt knew the track a lot...but "survive" in p13 was good.

Have some good fights with the guys...car was sliding a lot but i try to be as safe as usual..

Now looking forward to Imola, another new track for me...try to learn as fast as possible because looks like beamer can do a decent job there!
0 x

westracing01
United States of America
Full Name: Michael Ross
iRacing ID: Michael M Ross

Post by westracing01 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:37 pm

The BMW's are damn fast at Imola. I've always liked Imola, got my first GTE official race win there and have had lots of good runs. Searching for stability over the curbs at the moment. Can't seem to keep it from bending the fenders.

Practice my man. You've got the talent and the car to be at the sharp end this coming week. Just need to log the laps to get comfortable with the circuit.
0 x

Return to “GTE Sportscar Series [2020/S3] - Sponsored by SIMMSA”