Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

**Broadcasted** | MONDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 15th and end on August 17th
ShadowNinjaPug
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 am
Full Name: Raymond Deux
Location: CO, USA
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by ShadowNinjaPug » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:03 am

Good 1st race, a lot of fun.

I do have a question for those in the know. In T1 on Lap 1, someone spun in front of me and I had no where to go so I plowed into him and took some front damage. I was able to keep competitive pace so I did not come into the pits. I did not know how Fast Repair worked and how much time it would take so i decided to uncheck this option as I came into the pits for re-fuel.

Question..How long does Fast Repair take and is there any other tips one should know when using it?

Thanks
0 x

User avatar
SharkV
Manager
Canada
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:39 am
Full Name: Dany Duchesne
Location: Québec City, Qc, Canada
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Dany Duchesne

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by SharkV » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:19 am

ShadowNinjaPug wrote: Good 1st race, a lot of fun.

I do have a question for those in the know. In T1 on Lap 1, someone spun in front of me and I had no where to go so I plowed into him and took some front damage. I was able to keep competitive pace so I did not come into the pits. I did not know how Fast Repair worked and how much time it would take so i decided to uncheck this option as I came into the pits for re-fuel.

Question..How long does Fast Repair take and is there any other tips one should know when using it?

Thanks
Fast repairs are instantly done, no loss of time.  :shock: :shock:
2 x


barryf1fan
Rookie Member
United States of America
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 5:45 pm
Full Name: Barry Cochrane
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jon B Cochrane

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by barryf1fan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:45 am

Also would like to start by saying "thanks!" to the organizers and the sponsors for supporting this series and reiterate the notion of letting new people join.  So, Thanks!! :D 

I'm not sure who I lost control in front of (it was, I believe, a red white and blue Porsche...) but I do apologize for that.  I was frantically trying to find my "ALL TEAMS" talk button but had just switched wheel rims, and along with the just slightly going too wide and then losing the back end right in front of you, I couldn't remember which freakin' button it was. :oops: :oops:   :lol: 
There was a group of about four or five of us that were close, I went a little too deep in two straight turns and allowed those in front some breathing room while allowing you to get right on my bumper - I started pushing a bit and just went too hard through Turn 3.  Anyway, I apologize about that and hope I didn't completely screw up your race.

It was a ton-o-fun though.  My goal was to finish and not get to the 16 incident mark.  Finished AND had 9 incidents, but only had the 1 contact moment when I got hit, which again was MY fault not the guy in the Porsche - he had nowhere to go...
That was the first race I've done on iRacing where you had to make a pit, there was tire wear and fuel usage, and even qualified with other cars on the track (that was a new experience!!).  I was pretty nervous, mostly about making mistakes and ruining someone else's night... but only had the one incident, overall though had a great time!!

Thanks again guys and looking forward to the Glen!! :D
2 x


User avatar
Ken Rodriguez
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:22 pm
Full Name: Kenneth Rodriguez
Location: USA, Pennsylvania
Main Platform: PC

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by Ken Rodriguez » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:03 am

So here’s how my race went last night. Had the PC fired up and the rig was ready to go. OBS was lit up and ready to stream to my hundreds of followers.

Then I get caught on a massive national wireless network outage. Laps and laps of engineering talk lasting well into the morning hours when our network finally stabilized and we were able to start processing VoLTE, SMS, Text, Data and VMS services again.

Came across the start/finish line and ended the engineering conference call at 3:30AM ET. P1.

😂😂😂
2 x

julypalace
Rookie Member
United States of America
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:42 pm
Full Name: Julio Palacio
Location: Milton, GA, US
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 22893

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by julypalace » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:07 am

Thanks to the organizers and sponsors!  Fun race with everyone, appreciate letting us join in.  Look forward to an exciting season with this great group.
2 x


lafcam93
Premium Member
Canada
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:04 pm
Full Name: James L David
Location: Canada, Québec, Montréal
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: James L David / 46078

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by lafcam93 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:52 am

Hi everyone,
i want to take time to first say sorry to mr. Espinoza for my unacceptable reaction in the yesterday race.
But i must explain, i am not trying to find excuse but to probably just clarify something.
I started 3rd, my oculus was in problem i lost the car on lap 2 or 3, i had to restart iRacing so obviously i was lapped by everyone.
But i beleive that showing the exemple is to complete the race anyway.
You will all agree that i will probably find myself behind guy that are 1,2,3 seconds slower per lap.
My goal is not the be dangerous and to push guy off the track. But 99% of the poeple i closed the gap realized that even if i am blue flag to them, well i closed a 1,2 seconds gap on 1 lap. so they just let me pass.
Because otherway if a guy that has a crash at the race debut cannot comeback on track and race on his pace, it's useless to comeback after an incident? it make no sense.

So i am not here to point at someone, but before my pitstop i was in that situation a guy slower than me, clearly frustrated that i want to pass, so i decided to pit to try to undercut him... well same situation with the same guy near the end of the race... and when i pass him, he was flashing his light non stop, and this is when i just made something stupid... i braked in his face... useless i know... but can we just clarify something for everyone... we need to be smart when racing... if i know i am not on the same pace than a guy trying to comeback, i cannot fight and get angry at him anyway... you are not even battling for postition so i do not understand that at first.
In my comprehension blueflag is an indication that someone faster is coming, but if it's not the case we have to use our brain.
If my understanding is not good next time i have a crash i'll just quit because i won't race if i cannot overtake anyone.

Thanks guys to take time to react to this and with all respect for the league i am really sorry for the yesterday incident and i will assume any sanctions.
1 x
<a href='http://iracingbanner.com'><img src='http://iracingbanner.com/banner/style1/ ... /46078.png' width='710' height='42'/></a>


User avatar
SharkV
Manager
Canada
Posts: 1527
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:39 am
Full Name: Dany Duchesne
Location: Québec City, Qc, Canada
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Dany Duchesne

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by SharkV » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:08 am

Hi,

Please don’t forget we have a rule on abusing headlights
  1. A driver is not to flash his headlights in an attempt to make an overtake for position. Flashing headlights may only be used in a situation when coming up on a lapped vehicle so they are aware that a lead lap car is coming up to them. Abuse of headlight flashing can result in a penalty.
4 x


gebowen
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:54 pm
Full Name: Glen Bowen
Location: U.S.A., Washington, Auburn
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 265707

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by gebowen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:13 am

I apologize if I caused anyone to get any x towards the end of the race.  I went wide to let a faster car by, clipped the dirt and spun out.  I was frantically hitting the tow button while trying to stop and was back on the track when I finally cleared.  I saw other cars coming while I was trying to stop, but I’m not sure if I caused anyone to go off track. 
2 x


TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 am
Full Name: David Cristelli
Location: USA, CT, Enfield
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: David Cristelli

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by TheGreatC81 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:14 am

lafcam93 wrote: Hi everyone,
i want to take time to first say sorry to mr. Espinoza for my unacceptable reaction in the yesterday race.
But i must explain, i am not trying to find excuse but to probably just clarify something.
I started 3rd, my oculus was in problem i lost the car on lap 2 or 3, i had to restart iRacing so obviously i was lapped by everyone.
But i beleive that showing the exemple is to complete the race anyway.
You will all agree that i will probably find myself behind guy that are 1,2,3 seconds slower per lap.
My goal is not the be dangerous and to push guy off the track. But 99% of the poeple i closed the gap realized that even if i am blue flag to them, well i closed a 1,2 seconds gap on 1 lap. so they just let me pass.
Because otherway if a guy that has a crash at the race debut cannot comeback on track and race on his pace, it's useless to comeback after an incident? it make no sense.

So i am not here to point at someone, but before my pitstop i was in that situation a guy slower than me, clearly frustrated that i want to pass, so i decided to pit to try to undercut him... well same situation with the same guy near the end of the race... and when i pass him, he was flashing his light non stop, and this is when i just made something stupid... i braked in his face... useless i know... but can we just clarify something for everyone... we need to be smart when racing... if i know i am not on the same pace than a guy trying to comeback, i cannot fight and get angry at him anyway... you are not even battling for postition so i do not understand that at first.
In my comprehension blueflag is an indication that someone faster is coming, but if it's not the case we have to use our brain.
If my understanding is not good next time i have a crash i'll just quit because i won't race if i cannot overtake anyone.

Thanks guys to take time to react to this and with all respect for the league i am really sorry for the yesterday incident and i will assume any sanctions.
Thanks for being up front and owning your actions. I'm not the one to decide on penalties so I'm not going to address that part of it. As to your comments on blue flags and traffic, I had meant to post about that before the race and never got to it. I will create a separate thread for it because I want to make sure everyone sees it and I'd imagine there will be some discussion.
0 x


TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 am
Full Name: David Cristelli
Location: USA, CT, Enfield
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: David Cristelli

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by TheGreatC81 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:41 am

gebowen wrote: I apologize if I caused anyone to get any x towards the end of the race.  I went wide to let a faster car by, clipped the dirt and spun out.  I was frantically hitting the tow button while trying to stop and was back on the track when I finally cleared.  I saw other cars coming while I was trying to stop, but I’m not sure if I caused anyone to go off track. 
No worries. Mistakes happen. Everyone needs to remember that. Just be sure to lock your brakes when you lose it. If you are sliding, there isn't much you can do. You actually don't need to tow right away. It's nice to do if you know your car is destroyed and you want to get out of the way, but if your car is OK you may want to recover and keep driving. Once you are stopped, take a second to check the relative and see what's going on around you. Be safe and patient when rejoining the track.

I had an incident of my own last night due to a car rejoining. In my case, the car that hit me was likely paying attention to the car that was rejoining on the other side of him. He moved over and didn't see that I had moved up into that space. I've done the same thing, and honestly should have seen it coming. I'll chalk it up to less than perfect decisions all around. However, rejoining cars need to understand that they cannot expect cars on the circuit to move for them. If need be, they must wait until it's clear to rejoin. 
0 x


crich88848
Premium Member
United States of America
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 11:00 am
Full Name: Christopher Richards
Location: USA, TN, Chattanooga
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Christopher Richards

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by crich88848 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:57 am

The reality at brands hatch is that it's a small narrow track and hard to overtake. It's not easy being lapped traffic here, so let's try to have a little consideration in that regard. Now if you are just outright racing and blocking as lapped traffic, that's not acceptable. All in all, good racing last night. I had a lot of fun. 
0 x


Mathieu Bellavance
Premium Member
Canada
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 9:07 am
Full Name: Mathieu Bellavance
Location: Canada
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 418699

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by Mathieu Bellavance » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:22 pm

barryf1fan wrote: Also would like to start by saying "thanks!" to the organizers and the sponsors for supporting this series and reiterate the notion of letting new people join.  So, Thanks!! :D 

I'm not sure who I lost control in front of (it was, I believe, a red white and blue Porsche...) but I do apologize for that.  I was frantically trying to find my "ALL TEAMS" talk button but had just switched wheel rims, and along with the just slightly going too wide and then losing the back end right in front of you, I couldn't remember which freakin' button it was. :oops: :oops:   :lol: 
There was a group of about four or five of us that were close, I went a little too deep in two straight turns and allowed those in front some breathing room while allowing you to get right on my bumper - I started pushing a bit and just went too hard through Turn 3.  Anyway, I apologize about that and hope I didn't completely screw up your race.

It was a ton-o-fun though.  My goal was to finish and not get to the 16 incident mark.  Finished AND had 9 incidents, but only had the 1 contact moment when I got hit, which again was MY fault not the guy in the Porsche - he had nowhere to go...
That was the first race I've done on iRacing where you had to make a pit, there was tire wear and fuel usage, and even qualified with other cars on the track (that was a new experience!!).  I was pretty nervous, mostly about making mistakes and ruining someone else's night... but only had the one incident, overall though had a great time!!

Thanks again guys and looking forward to the Glen!! :D
Hi Barry,

Pretty sure it was me, I honestly thought you did it on purpose lol :) But watched the replay it was really a race incident :) good fight! looking forward next round!
1 x


barryf1fan
Rookie Member
United States of America
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 5:45 pm
Full Name: Barry Cochrane
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jon B Cochrane

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by barryf1fan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:38 pm

Mathieu Bellavance wrote:Hi Barry,

Pretty sure it was me, I honestly thought you did it on purpose lol :) But watched the replay it was really a race incident :) good fight! looking forward next round!
Lol!! Yeah, definitely not on purpose, or porpoise. :lol: 

I made two little mistakes, one into the final turn previous lap, and then turn two - just went too deep (tried a little late braking, which didn't work) and going into turn three just got out a bit wide.  As soon as I felt (well, not feel, but see) the back start to go I tried to steer out of it and I lifted - that was the mistake.  As soon as I lifted I started to spin.  I lifted hoping you could get by as I knew you were there, but bam, I was going across the track.  Stupid!!  Sorry 'bout that again - it was seriously not intentional, and I was even trying to do my best to keep to the right side.  Pretty sure you saw what was happening and went left... and then suddenly I was coming across the track right in front of you.  Dang it!!  Oh well, and yes, we had a pretty good race going on for about 3 laps or so, maybe more.

I will say, I was pretty nervous, especially at the beginning of the race as that was my first race on iRacing where there was fuel/tire usage and pit stops.  Thanks for not being too upset about that, and I will hopefully get better, not worse. :lol:
0 x


crooijmansf
Rookie Member
Netherlands
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:26 pm
Full Name: Frank Crooijmans
Location: Netherlands, Eindhoven
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 245343

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by crooijmansf » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:18 pm

my first experience was great. thanks guys. i was unlucky in collecting a spinner. Races are at 3.15am so at the end of the race i was knackered but had great clean battle for laps. we passed eachother at least 6 times without a touch. All of a sudden, trackposition wasnt even playing a role. In general, i didnt see any unfair actions on track and especially in the back of the midfield this is something special. even got 4 hours of sleep before work. boom!
1 x


diegomorales
Rookie Member
Brazil
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 2:24 pm
Full Name: Diego Morales
Location: USA, Oakland, California
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Diego Morales3

Re: Round 1: Brands Hatch Grand Prix (June 15)

Post by diegomorales » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:58 am

ShadowNinjaPug wrote: Good 1st race, a lot of fun.

I do have a question for those in the know. In T1 on Lap 1, someone spun in front of me and I had no where to go so I plowed into him and took some front damage. I was able to keep competitive pace so I did not come into the pits. I did not know how Fast Repair worked and how much time it would take so i decided to uncheck this option as I came into the pits for re-fuel.

Question..How long does Fast Repair take and is there any other tips one should know when using it?

Thanks
I think that was me... :lol: I was like "Oh my god I will screw half of the field!!" and then suddenly my car is back on track! haha Sorry for the front damage on your car tho.

I not a master, but I would only use the fast repair if its really necessary or if its your time to pit. With a small hit it might be better to stay on track and use the fast repair when it time to refuel. My opinion...
1 x


Post Reply

Return to “GT4 Clubsport Series [2020/S3] - Sponsored by NinjaTrader & SimRacing Canada”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users