Round 4: Canadian Tire Motorsports (July 6)

**Broadcasted** | MONDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 15th and end on August 17th
AaronWebb85
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Aaron Webb
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Aaron Webb

Round 4: Canadian Tire Motorsports (July 6)

Post by AaronWebb85 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:16 am

Race Time of day: 2020-07-04 9:00
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 16x, DSQ at 24x
Max Fuel: 33% (approx 10 gal./38 liters)
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

PRE-RACE NOTES

Alright gents. Here we are heading into Round 4. Almost the mid season and things are starting to heat up as each round passes. This week we head to the beautiful and picturesque Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, or more affectionately known simply as Mosport.  With its fast sweeping turns, an all not too straight back stretch and the infamous Moss Corner where many o' dreams have been shattered, this venue should prove to be an exceptional venue for our GT4 cars. 

Racing at Mosport

Mosport is an exciting track to race on. Racing into turn 1 at the start is always an exhilarating experience. With the ability to go in two wide, side by side action will be in abundance. As always, we advise all drivers to give each other room to race. You do not have to dive into turn one as you will lose "ALL" of your momentum on corner exit. You will also run the risk of sliding wide and up the track into one of your competitors. No doubt that turn 2 will catch a few drivers out that go in too hot. Again, be mindful of your surroundings and your rejoins should IN NO WAY impede the racing happening out on track. 

Going into Moss corner (turns 5 and 6) can be a tricky situation on cold tires. Watch your entry speed and try and stay out of the gravel to the outside. Coming out of Moss corner can either make or break your race here. With the draft being a strong component in order to stay competitive and in the hunt, you're going to want your corner exit out of turn 6 to be bang on. Slow in, fast out and get that run up the back stretch. 

The rest of Mosport is open ground for some great battles and overtaking. As the overtaking car, it is your responsibility to ensure a clean pass without incident. As the car being passed, once the car behind you has established their right to be there, you cannot make any moves to block the advancement. You are allowed one move and one move only either to the inside or outside of the racing surface when facing being passed. A second move to try and block the pass is a protestable offense so don't be "that guy"! Race hard, but race fair. This is what Precision Racing League is all about. We're building community ties with one another as we compete against each other. Let us all race and treat each other with the same respect that we each deserve from one another. 

Final Thoughts

Virtual racing, while it is virtual is also very real. You're racing against real people in a virtual racing environment. I urge you all to remember why you started sim racing to begin with. Chances are it's because you found it to be fun. We want each of you to have fun out there. Remember that in the Club Sport series, we have drivers of all skill levels and abilities. A faster driver is no more important than a consistent driver is no more than a rookie driver. This is a series for everyone to be able to create bonds and friendships. If you are a fast driver and notice someone that is struggling, offer to lend them a hand and offer some advice, a setup or some tricks and tips to help them get better and more consistent. At the end of the day, every other driver has to outdrive you on track to beat you. Sharing your expertise is not going to cause damage to anyone but what it will do is to create a sense of camaraderie and community. Remember that it takes a village to be successful and you are each one piece of the puzzle and together, we complete the puzzle. 

Get out there and race hard but fair. Also remember that the remainder of the season is being broadcast live. We expect nothing less than common sense and for everyone to be on their best behavior. 

That is all. Good luck to all!

Your Organizers,
Mark, David and Kenny
3 x
PRL Manager and Steward
Career PRL Stats
8 Wins, 53 Podiums, 15 Poles, 23 Fastest Laps
PS4 pCars Friday Series S1 Driver Champion
7 Time Team Champion

barryf1fan
United States of America
Full Name: Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID: Jon B Cochrane

Re: Round 4: Canadian Tire Motorsports (July 6)

Post by barryf1fan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Gonna go ahead and throw my apology out here, guys.  Really struggling on this track. :roll: 
Need to get good 'bro. :lol:
1 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile
iRacing ID: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:27 am

Race Day Alert!!!

Mosport night, with a broadcast! Lets put on a good show!
3 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

Gary Schilling
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Gary Schilling
iRacing ID: Gary Schilling

Post by Gary Schilling » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:23 pm

I give up :(
0 x

diegomorales
Rookie Member
Brazil
Full Name: Diego Morales
iRacing ID: Diego Morales3

Post by diegomorales » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks for the race guys! So happy with the first win :D Really clean and fair race by James L David there! Thanks for that, James. You were faster, if was not for that mistake you would have won.

I should say there were so intense moments with lapped cars. Someone just returned to the track and stayed in the middle of the driving line and also another trick moment in the last lap almost cost me the win.

I didn't know where to go for the interviews. I thought it would be the league discord, but I think i missed this piece of information. If someone could point me. Hope to get more good results during the season!

Thanks again, guys! Its been really fun :)
2 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile
iRacing ID: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:12 pm

diegomorales wrote: Thanks for the race guys! So happy with the first win :D Really clean and fair race by James L David there! Thanks for that, James. You were faster, if was not for that mistake you would have won.

I should say there were so intense moments with lapped cars. Someone just returned to the track and stayed in the middle of the driving line and also another trick moment in the last lap almost cost me the win.

I didn't know where to go for the interviews. I thought it would be the league discord, but I think i missed this piece of information. If someone could point me. Hope to get more good results during the season!

For the post race interview you want to go on the GSRC discord 👍, congrats on the win!
0 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

diegomorales
Rookie Member
Brazil

Post by diegomorales » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:31 pm

Mark Phile wrote:
diegomorales wrote: Thanks for the race guys! So happy with the first win :D Really clean and fair race by James L David there! Thanks for that, James. You were faster, if was not for that mistake you would have won.

For the post race interview you want to go on the GSRC discord 👍, congrats on the win!
Got it! Thanks, Mark :) 
1 x

barryf1fan
United States of America
Full Name: Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID: Jon B Cochrane

Post by barryf1fan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:23 am

Congrats, Diego!! You earned that one... you gots to be there at the end, and you were - great race at the front. ;) 

I'm thrilled with my result, and I know that I benefited a bit from several "faster than me" guys having to retire from various issues, but I only had two incidents and my best quali and race finish to date.  At a track I was really nervous about to boot! 

Tough track and very easy to chuck into the grass at the entry to turn 2.  Still making small mistakes throughout the race, but feel I'm getting better about letting the fast guys through and being consistent at the same time. Looking forward to next week!
1 x

diegomorales
Rookie Member
Brazil

Post by diegomorales » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:13 pm

barryf1fan wrote:

Congrats, Diego!! You earned that one... you gots to be there at the end, and you were - great race at the front. ;) 

I'm thrilled with my result, and I know that I benefited a bit from several "faster than me" guys having to retire from various issues, but I only had two incidents and my best quali and race finish to date.  At a track I was really nervous about to boot! 

Tough track and very easy to chuck into the grass at the entry to turn 2.  Still making small mistakes throughout the race, but feel I'm getting better about letting the fast guys through and being consistent at the same time. Looking forward to next week!
Thanks, Jon! Nice that you had a good race too man. 

Looking forward to see you on track next week! Cheers!
0 x

Return to “GT4 Clubsport Series [2020/S3] - Sponsored by NinjaTrader & SimRacing Canada”