GT4 Clubsport Series 2020/S3 Sign Ups & Information

**Broadcasted** | MONDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:15pm (EDT)
Season start on June 15th and end on August 17th
jeromef1
Director
Canada
Full Name: Jerome Berthiaume
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Jérôme Berthiaume

GT4 Clubsport Series 2020/S3 Sign Ups & Information

Post by jeromef1 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:55 am

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the PRL GT4 Clubsport Series 2020/S2 that will feature the new GT4 Cars.

This series is broadcasted on the iRacing eSports Network by the Global Sim Racing Channel!

Series Organizers: Mark Phile (Mark Phile)David Cristelli (TheGreatC81) & Kenny Rodriguez (Ken Rodriguez)

INFORMATION & FAQ

When does the season start and end? 2020/S3 will start on June 15th and end on August 17th.

How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.

When Can I signup? Now! But the signups will be closing on June 8th 00:00 EDT.

Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9.

What day/time do races start? Races are on Monday. The session start at 6pm with the qualifying at 9pm (EDT).

How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 42 seats available. (can be reviewed by management)

How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill. There is a $10 USD fee to complete registration.

Why are you charging entry fee? We are charging a $10 entry fee to help us cover the broadcast expenses. Even with entry fees, we don't have enough money to cover the broadcast, so this is why we need sponsors as well.

How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
  • Management staff
  • Series Organisers
  • Returning Premium Member (Must have attended 5 races in the previous season)
  • Premium Member
  • Returning Driver (Must have attended 5 races in the previous season)
  • New Driver
How can I become a Premium member? Click here for more information about the Premium Membership! Note that it is not mandatory.

Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? No minimum license, iRating or Safety Rating required. This can be reviewed by organisers and managers.

Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.

Can I use the paint I want? Yes, but you must respect the Paint Rules of iRacing ESports Network on GSRC broadcast. Also, to support our sponsors, we will force a decal on the rear wing of your car on the broadcast.

Can I join as a reserve or later in the season? No, we are not managing Reserve/Waiting list. We are not allowing new driver to join the series after season starts.

What is the structure of a race day? 
  • Race Day: Monday
  • Practice: 6:00pm EDT (180 minutes)
  • Qualifying: 9:00pm EDT (15 minutes)
  • Race: 9:15pm EDT (45 minutes)
Is it open or fixed setup? 2020/S3 is open setup.

What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules document.

What happens if iRacing adjust the BoP during the season? If the BoP is adjusted by iRacing during the season, we will allow drivers to change their car (1-time only) only if BoP happened before Round 5. Drivers will have two weeks (approx.) to do it and they can't revert it back.

RULES & SETTINGS

All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site-wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.

It is mandatory to read the rules document. If you are not following rules, you may received a penalty or be excluded from the series.

SIGNUP SECTION

In favor to help us cover the broadcast expenses, we are asking all members a $10 entry fee.

• The entry fee isn't refundable as soon as the season starts
  • You will be removed from the driver list of you haven't paid a week prior the season start
  • If you have paid and are moved off the drivers list because a Premium member or returning driver signed up, you'll be refunded.

REGISTERED DRIVERS
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile
iRacing ID: Mark Phile

Re: GT4 Clubsport Series 2020/S3 Sign Ups & Information

Post by Mark Phile » Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 am

Looks like we lost everyone but one off the signups list? I know you said the signups had went into the last season link but I can’t even see them now? I didn’t know if you guys realized this or not?
0 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

barryf1fan
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID: 441187

Post by barryf1fan » Wed May 13, 2020 10:09 am

Okay, new person questions.

I'm on the list, do I need to fill out the Google form in this thread (I did it by mistake in the S2 thread)???
Also, I thought I needed to be on a team - or have a team to join??  I don't have either...  Anyone looking for a newb? :lol: 

Lastly, any information that would be beneficial would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, and looking forward to getting on track!
1 x

SharkV
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID: Dany Duchesne

Post by SharkV » Wed May 13, 2020 11:11 am

barryf1fan wrote: Okay, new person questions.

I'm on the list, do I need to fill out the Google form in this thread (I did it by mistake in the S2 thread)???
Also, I thought I needed to be on a team - or have a team to join??  I don't have either...  Anyone looking for a newb? :lol: 

If you see your name, you are registered, so no need to fill the form again.  For teams, a topic will be open when it’s time to make teams.

As for car paints, please read the topic about it, so you won’t have surprises.
1 x

Mark Phile
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Mark Phile
iRacing ID: Mark Phile

Post by Mark Phile » Sun May 17, 2020 8:37 pm

Barry we will get ya on a team, I need to see who all joins from our group and then i will break everyone up into groups of 3. We had 3 teams last season so not to worry we got ya! I will also get ya added to our discord group so you can jump in with us on race night and practice nights as weel 👍
1 x
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers...

DeamingPie
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Erik Captain DNF Luke
iRacing ID: Erik Luke2

Post by DeamingPie » Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 am

I have no idea how to do it, but please remove me from the roster for this season.

Gracias
0 x
2019 stats - 48 race starts, 46 DNFs

"You've been racing with your foot on the brake? What are you, a Florida F*&^ing blue hair?" - Wife

Looking for a button box?
https://www.facebook.com/apexbuttonbox/

barryf1fan
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by barryf1fan » Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 am

Mark Phile wrote:

Barry we will get ya on a team, I need to see who all joins from our group and then i will break everyone up into groups of 3. We had 3 teams last season so not to worry we got ya! I will also get ya added to our discord group so you can jump in with us on race night and practice nights as weel 👍
Thanks, Mark... I'm not even sure what car(s) I need to get.  There are only a couple of GT4 cars on iRacing (that I can see anyway) - and I don't own any of them. 

Doesn't this start on June?  I also don't own many tracks, and am wondering where I can see the track list so I can be sure and have the Series tracks ahead of time.

Thanks again!
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:37 am

barryf1fan wrote:
Mark Phile wrote:

Thanks, Mark... I'm not even sure what car(s) I need to get.  There are only a couple of GT4 cars on iRacing (that I can see anyway) - and I don't own any of them. 

Doesn't this start on June?  I also don't own many tracks, and am wondering where I can see the track list so I can be sure and have the Series tracks ahead of time.

Thanks again!
The schedule with tracks will be updated in the schedule thread as soon as iRacing will release their schedule. It's usually approx. a week prior season start. 
1 x
PRL Director & Owner

TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli
iRacing ID: David Cristelli

Post by TheGreatC81 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:25 pm

barryf1fan wrote:
Mark Phile wrote:

Thanks again!
Also, only one GT4 car at the moment, the Porsche 718 Cayman. They have told us the BMW M4 GT4 will be coming, but haven't said when. We're hoping we get it this build, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
0 x

Stacy Hunter
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Stacy Hunter
iRacing ID: Stacy Hunter

Post by Stacy Hunter » Wed May 20, 2020 12:40 pm

I was listed as a premium member last night, but I've been moved to new driver?
0 x

barryf1fan
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by barryf1fan » Wed May 20, 2020 2:49 pm

Thanks for the info guys.  Really looking forward to getting some racing in - especially with like minded (sim) racers.  I haven't played iRacing in about a week.  Was just getting tired of have 3 or 4 races getting punted to say 1 good clean race.

Have talked with other people and they have said that it's most likely the influx of people into iRacing due to people joining from being home for the virus thing.

Need to jump back on and get some laps in on something - like I stated, had just gotten fed up a couple of times and felt like I was playing Forza 7 online. :lol: :lol:

Anyhoo, looking forward to the start of the season!! 
1 x

barryf1fan
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by barryf1fan » Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm

btw, I already paid. I accidentally paypal'd under the Nascar series (yes, I'm a b**b) - but sent Jerome a PM and he said he got it and corrected it.
1 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Stacy Hunter wrote: I was listed as a premium member last night, but I've been moved to new driver?
Fixed
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

TheGreatC81
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: David Cristelli
iRacing ID: David Cristelli

Post by TheGreatC81 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:07 pm

Sign ups are looking good. We already have 30 and I'll bet when the M4 drops we'll get another rush.
1 x

SimracerMartin
Rookie Member
Austria
Full Name: Martin Potocnik
iRacing ID: 411778

Post by SimracerMartin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:43 am

Hello all. :)

I am new here, and I have a newbe question.
I´ve read the rules document and registrated me for the Clubsport Series. But where can I choose which car I want to drive?
1 x

SharkV
Manager
Canada
Full Name: Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID: Dany Duchesne

Post by SharkV » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:42 am

SimracerMartin wrote: Hello all. :)

I am new here, and I have a newbe question.
I´ve read the rules document and registrated me for the Clubsport Series. But where can I choose which car I want to drive?
Usually when you register, but we were not sure of the comming of the BMW, for this season.  You will be able to choose your car in the team topic when it will open
1 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:05 am

A week before season start, all confirmed drivers will receive an email and league invite on iRacing. We will inform the driver that the car selected for the first race of the season will be the one you will race the entire season 😊
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

SimracerMartin
Rookie Member
Austria
Full Name: Martin Potocnik
iRacing ID: 411778

Post by SimracerMartin » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Thank you for the information! :)
0 x

Paul Joseph Clist
Premium Member
Great Britain
Full Name: Paul Joseph Clist
iRacing ID: 425382

Post by Paul Joseph Clist » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:07 pm

Hello guys.
Do we know if this will both cars or just the one car..... Also i am having an issue with my wage payments from work as they have been delayed. I was ment to get paid on the 1st june but with the delay they have been pushed back to 23rd June. Will this be okay to race in the leagues and pay on this day. This was unknow and on the last minute....

I look out for a message back to me.

Thanks, Paul
0 x

jeromef1
Director
Canada

Post by jeromef1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:24 pm

Unfortunately Paul, as stated in this thread, if you haven't paid a week before season start, you will be removed 😞
0 x
PRL Director & Owner

Return to “GT4 Clubsport Series [2020/S3] - Sponsored by NinjaTrader & SimRacing Canada”