S8 Discussion Thread

**Broadcasted** | WEDNESDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EST)
Season start on March 20th and end on May 22nd
Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Charles Sumner

S8 Discussion Thread

Post by Hootius » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Hey gents, let go ahead and start talking next season since it will be here before we know it.

I encourage everyone to use the Feedback & Suggestion thread and let us know what you think is best for the League (or PRL in general) moving forward, no matter how big or little you feel the change would be.

As of this moment, I don't have any major changes to propose. Yes we all wish we had a few less cautions so far, but overall we have had some incredible battles to be proud of and the broadcasts are getting better. With Sunday changing to Open Setups, I propose keep Wednesday Fixed for now to give drivers options if they prefer Fixed (also because the competition has been pretty spot on so far as well).

So lets hear it gentlemen, what do you suggest for next Season?
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 92 Top-5's - 12 Poles - 10 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Bradley Holly
Organiser
United States of America
Full Name: Bradley Holly
iRacing ID: Bradley Holly

Re: S8 Discussion Thread

Post by Bradley Holly » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:24 pm

yes please keep wednesday fixed we have been having very close racing
0 x

Paul48
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Thomas Sink
iRacing ID: Thomas Sink

Post by Paul48 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Keep the S8 fixed.  Competition has been good and with fixed setups, to me means more fun.  With open sets your going to have to test and spend a large time tweaking them for the race.  Lets keep it simple.
0 x

fotors3
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Brandon Walter
iRacing ID: Brandon Walter

Post by fotors3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:44 pm

Wednesday needs to stay fixed. We have a good group of guys who want to just run Wednesday nights with no time to do sets.
0 x
#99 Roadtrip Transport Chevrolet Silverado for Whataback Racing
PRL Victories: 1

JR_Smith33
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Justin Smith
iRacing ID: JR Smith

Post by JR_Smith33 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:16 pm

Race 4: Bristol Motor Speedway (10 Apr)
[ID: 685] For purposely creating contact under caution in a dangerous and retaliatory manner that created contact with other vehicles as well other than his attended target, Sharn Hill has been disqualified from the Bristol race and removed from the PRL.
[ID: 686] For purposely creating contact under caution with another vehicle, Thomas Sink is being charged with a Major penalty. The Stewards are awarding Thomas a 10 point penalty, and a 1 race ban which will be served at Richmond.

I OBJECT
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:56 am

JR_Smith33 wrote: Race 4: Bristol Motor Speedway (10 Apr)
[ID: 685] For purposely creating contact under caution in a dangerous and retaliatory manner that created contact with other vehicles as well other than his attended target, Sharn Hill has been disqualified from the Bristol race and removed from the PRL.
[ID: 686] For purposely creating contact under caution with another vehicle, Thomas Sink is being charged with a Major penalty. The Stewards are awarding Thomas a 10 point penalty, and a 1 race ban which will be served at Richmond.

I OBJECT
This has nothing to do with next season, other than a driver no longer being with us. I already planned on addressing this in the pre race meeting tonight. So with that, let's keep this thread on topic for next season.
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

XSYSE
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Rob Besaw
iRacing ID: Robert Besaw JR

Post by XSYSE » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

I agree keeping Wednesday fixed. Is there any change in car for either series based on the new A-package?
0 x
Career PRL STATS
Wins-4. Pole- 7 Podium-18 Points- 2nd
Fastest Lap-1

Robert Besaw JR
2020/1 Team Champion

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:43 am

That's addressed in the Sunday thread. Going to Cup for Sunday.
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

XSYSE
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by XSYSE » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Also just wanted to try to get more traction on the emblem idea. I know some guys like Brad and JR, routinely podium, pole, win or take fastest laps. There's plenty of guys that haven't done any of the above I would like an icon or emblem fwd. to members who achieve these accomplishments that can be displayed on their cars in a set location. I say dont grandfather anyone in and start next season, plenty of free icons or badges are out there and all the creator ask is a footnote on a web page in regards to where they can be located. Just something to show for the guys.
0 x
Career PRL STATS
Fastest Lap-1

Robert Besaw JR
2020/1 Team Champion

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Mike Richter
iRacing ID: Mike Richter

Post by Miker9253 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Fixed setups for these trucks are Designed to be run at the Time of Day in the Official races.

I'm not 100% on this but I feel my assessment to be fairly accurate.

With that being said, I feel it to be Extremely Important that we run Our Races at the exact same time.

Sure the races are longer than an Official Race but the trucks will just get faster as most all tracks cool or go dark the longer the Race runs.

Better Handling Trucks = Quicker trucks, Less Wrecks, More Fun, Less frustration and tempers and a better viewing experience for the fans!

In any other series or atmosphere setups can be altered so this is never a concern with ill handling vehicles, we drive some ( I mean ALL) of these tracks at different times of day from the Official and we ALL know how aggravating that can be with a truck that just wont do what you want in a League Race.

Then get into a Official Race and the truck Handles like a freaking Dream! Super Frustrating! If anything this is all backwards, we should have Great trucks in league Races and the others.... who cares!

Ill handling trucks and wrecks will continue to be a concern with wicked tight then Hot dog down a hallway loose Trucks. I feel it to be in the best interest of PRL and our members to make this adjustment and take it from there, until we can tune or make adjustments to the trucks during pitstops or.......

Yes we all have the same Setup, I get it...... before all those chime in with that note though, what if we All had better trucks to drive?

Oh, Oh, Oh, One more thing..... Why do we reset track state?? EVER in any Series?  A Dry, Green track at the start of a race is a recipe for disaster. Nowhere in the History of Racing is this a Reality! For Once it would be nice to go back on Track the Way it Was when I just got done practicing on it for 3 hours! I mean this is Sim Racing, Lets simulate Reality. Which will also simmer up more competitive Racing and A Lot more Fun.

Thanks for Letting us have some Input

*disclamer* by no means in any of my rant am I bashing or directing this at anyone. Just want to see the League better for all involved!

PRL is BY FAR the best online Racing League I've ever been a part of in my 20 year history of racing online, Though I just starting Iracing last June, I still suck. My other car is not Mad at me though.
Last edited by Miker9253 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

chatley59
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Brenden Chatley
iRacing ID: Brenden Chatley2

Post by chatley59 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Miker9253 wrote: Fixed setups for these trucks are Designed to be run at the Time of Day in the Official races.

With that being said, I feel it to be Extremely Important that we run Our Races at the exact same time.

Sure the races are longer than an Official Race but the trucks will just get faster as most all tracks cool or go dark the longer the Race runs.

Better Handling Trucks = Quicker trucks, Less Wrecks, More Fun, Less frustration and tempers and a better viewing experience for the fans!

In any other series or atmosphere setups can be altered so this is never a concern with ill handling vehicles, we drive some ( I mean ALL) of these tracks at different times of day from the Official and we ALL know how aggravating that can be with a truck that just wont do what you want in a League Race.

Then get into a Official Race and the truck Handles like a freaking Dream! Super Frustrating! If anything this is all backwards, we should have Great trucks in league Races and the others.... who cares!

Ill handling trucks and wrecks will continue to be a concern with wicked tight then Hot dog down a hallway loose Trucks. I feel it to be in the best interest of PRL and our members to make this adjustment and take it from there, until we can tune or make adjustments to the trucks during pitstops or.......

Yes we all have the same Setup, I get it...... before all those chime in with that note though, what if we All had better trucks to drive?
The time of our races start at the same time as the official races do. The three hour practice session is built in that way so we do race at the time the official races do. I'm not sure but I can guess that this is the only reason we do have three hour practice sessions. Otherwise if we only had an hour of practice and set it for the time the race should start, we would start an hour after the official races start. I'm pretty sure it's the fuel load percentage that is making the trucks tight, but that was voted on before the season with an almost unanimous vote. With that being said, a few of us host practice sessions on Monday and/or Tuesday at the right time of the race with the correct fuel load so feel free to join in then if you are able.
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:56 pm

I defintely understand your point Mike. We wish we had more control over it. With this new time of day change that happened in January, the clock is forever moving and it made it tricky for use to schedule our lobbies. The main purpose with the 3 hour practice is to try to get the race time to match up with the official lobby by making the practice time start the time frame before the lobby officially starts. It's a process we are still looking to perfect, especially for this league and it being fixed.

As for the change to open, who knows what the future holds. With Sunday moving to Open and a new car, that's why we felt it was best to keep Wednesday as it is now. Hopefully getting the ToD just right will ease a little of the frustration.
1 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:02 pm

And Brenden also had a good point too about fuel load. The 70% was just too aggressive. We should feel an improvement as well bumping it up to 85%.
1 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Miker9253 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:13 pm

chatley59 wrote:
Miker9253 wrote: Fixed setups for these trucks are Designed to be run at the Time of Day in the Official races.

The time of our races start at the same time as the official races do. The three hour practice session is built in that way so we do race at the time the official races do. I'm not sure but I can guess that this is the only reason we do have three hour practice sessions. Otherwise if we only had an hour of practice and set it for the time the race should start, we would start an hour after the official races start. I'm pretty sure it's the fuel load percentage that is making the trucks tight, but that was voted on before the season with an almost unanimous vote. With that being said, a few of us host practice sessions on Monday and/or Tuesday at the right time of the race with the correct fuel load so feel free to join in then if you are able.
There have been 3 races this season that absolutely did Not start at the same time as official, hell last week the lights didn't even come on after our race ended and they are on when the race starts in the official. Not trying to argue with ya bud, just saying that the timing is something I feel would fix a lot, that and track state as I fixed in my comment above 
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 pm

I encourage everyone to speak up then. Personally this last 3 months, I have not been able to run official lobbies due to work and family, so I havent had a chance to catch it. Jerome makes these lobbies based on the information we gather from the forum before the actual season schedule into the iRacing system. My apologies that issue have not been caught, but this is also the first time I am getting specifics for this league on this issue. Talladega is already being addressed. This goes out to all drivers, if you see something that is not right, please please let us know so we can fix it.
2 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

XSYSE
Elite Member
United States of America

Post by XSYSE » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:46 am

Yeah I wasnt sure if we were trying to make it the same as the open lobbies. It's been 50/50 for me some times our lobby has a better feel, sometimes its worse. Last track was 10 degrees colder with heavy clouds, but the truck performance was better then the open lobby.
0 x
Career PRL STATS
Fastest Lap-1

Robert Besaw JR
2020/1 Team Champion

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Miker9253 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:03 pm

Hootius wrote: I encourage everyone to speak up then. Personally this last 3 months, I have not been able to run official lobbies due to work and family, so I havent had a chance to catch it. Jerome makes these lobbies based on the information we gather from the forum before the actual season schedule into the iRacing system. My apologies that issue have not been caught, but this is also the first time I am getting specifics for this league on this issue. Talladega is already being addressed. This goes out to all drivers, if you see something that is not right, please please let us know so we can fix it.
Didn't want to be that guy until the time was right, it got a little sensitive when I tried to discuss it last Season.... Now is definitely the right time so I'm open to make all the suggestions I can, hope everyone does too!
 I also hope my Track state suggestion wasn't missed, I edited my above post.

Thanks Again
0 x

Miker9253
Premium Member
United States of America

Post by Miker9253 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Oh, Oh, Oh, One more thing..... Why do we reset track state?? EVER in any Series?  A Dry, Green track at the start of a race is a recipe for disaster. Nowhere in the History of Racing is this a Reality! For Once it would be nice to go back on Track the Way it Was when I just got done practicing on it for 3 hours! I mean this is Sim Racing, Lets simulate Reality. Which will also simmer up more competitive Racing and A Lot more Fun.

Thanks for Letting us have some Input

*disclamer* by no means in any of my rant am I bashing or directing this at anyone. Just want to see the League better for all involved!

PRL is BY FAR the best online Racing League I've ever been a part of in my 20 year history of racing online, Though I just starting Iracing last June, I still suck. My other car is not Mad at me though.
0 x

Return to “NASCAR Truck Series [S7] - Sponsored by ETC (Established Traffic Control)”