Race 2: Rockingham Speedway - Oval (27 Mar)

**Broadcasted** | WEDNESDAY | Practice @ 6pm | Qualifying @ 9pm | Race @ 9:05pm (EST)
Season start on March 20th and end on May 22nd
Hootius
Manager
United States of America
Full Name: Charles Sumner
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: Charles Sumner

Race 2: Rockingham Speedway - Oval (27 Mar)

Post by Hootius » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:16 am

Time of Day: Afternoon 3:21PM
Race Length: 115 laps
Max Incidents: 17
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0
0 x
iRacing Oval Manager & PRL Chief Oval Steward
Career PRL Stats
15 Wins - 92 Top-5's - 12 Poles - 10 Fastest Laps
Project Cars GT3 Drivers Champion
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Re: Race 2: Rockingham Speedway - Oval (27 Mar)

Post by Hootius » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:44 pm

Pre-Race Interview:

1. Going back to the old Papyrus days with our visit to Rockingham. Are you a fan of this track?

2. Did having our race broadcasted last week change your driving style at all? Any nerves or fears of goofing up and it being caught on camera?
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

chatley59
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Brenden Chatley
iRacing ID: Brenden Chatley2

Post by chatley59 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:54 pm

1. Big fan of this track on iracing, not so much back in the day of the Papyrus days

2. Didn't change how I drove at all. Just wanted to finish the race without making a mistake
0 x

nickthequick
Stewards
United States of America
Full Name: Nick Delp
iRacing ID: Nicholas Delp

Post by nickthequick » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:52 pm

1. Going back to the old Papyrus days with our visit to Rockingham. Are you a fan of this track?
I tend to like tracks with some banking and so far it seems more fun than Martinsville. 

2. Did having our race broadcasted last week change your driving style at all? Any nerves or fears of goofing up and it being caught on camera?
Probably not but if anything it made me concentrate more.  I think the biggest pro was having all that extra practice time in the lobby before the race :)
0 x
Follow my Twitch channel here: www.twitch.tv/simracingam
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn6E_Bucgr5WSRMHA6cryNQ

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 pm

I always enjoyed Rockingham and pretty excited to return back to that track. I was just getting in iRacing last time it was on the calendar and missed the race.  I love how unique the exit of T2 is.

Not at all, but I also know I tend to be one of the more conservative guys on track. I will say that though when I was the leader and I spun my wheels shifting into 3rd gear on that restart after the 1st caution, I definitely made sure not to do that again on the other restars since it was called out on the cast lol
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Eric Roberts
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Eric Roberts
iRacing ID: Eric Roberts2

Post by Eric Roberts » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am

I had all of Papyrus series, I did not have a wheel till late in the games series manufacturing. Never raced online, or anything smaller than Dover and that was not very often. I remeber the greatest thrill of getting my 1st FF wheel, and I gained something like 3 seconds at every track, coming from using a joystick.

Not really, I just wanted run in the top 10 and survive, and it's not my 1st broadcasted rodeo. It was nice of GSRC to use my cockpit view of me crashing into Colton I think. 

Had a question or 2 but did not really see a general discussion topic.
1. I heard people saying "wrong channel' during the race. were you fellas using Iracing radio or am I missing something about Discord and having a "whisper" channel?

2. How many of us are using the "stall" feature, and starting the sessions with the car shut off? I have the stall feature on and have to start the car every time I get in.
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 am

They were using a team voice channel inside of iRacing. Unfortunately Discord does not have a whisper feature or any kind of team feature like that (heard it's being worked on). My teammates and I had to download the Public Test Beta version of Discord so we can have 2 Discord clients up and we use that as our team communication.
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

DominicBegin
Premium Member
Canada
Full Name: Dominic Begin
iRacing ID: 205700

Post by DominicBegin » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:45 pm

To be honest I'm hoping I can only have time to practice it a bit before race since I came back to oval only a week or 2 ago. So it should be interesting.

I'm a cautious guy and tend to stay at the back of the field for the first few laps feeling my fellow drivers. So I would not say nervous but I definatly did not want to wreck myself or somebody else knowing it was broadcasted. I'll probably try the same thing here since I probably won't get a top 10 on the qualifying session. Was a lot of fun rewatching the race afterwords tho!
0 x

XSYSE
Elite Member
United States of America
Full Name: Rob Besaw
iRacing ID: Robert Besaw JR

Post by XSYSE » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:27 am

1. First time at this track, but I do think it will offer some good racing action, and it's better than Martinsville.

2. It didnt change mine, if I had it up at the time then I would have been real nervous. I just had my usual nerves about spinning someone or getting ran over on corner entry, after a few laps I got a feel for who you could race with.
0 x
Career PRL STATS
Wins-4. Pole- 7 Podium-18 Points- 2nd
Fastest Lap-1

Robert Besaw JR
2020/1 Team Champion

ahunter27t
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Austin Hunter
iRacing ID: Austin Hunter2

Post by ahunter27t » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:35 am

its super bumpy. i would say i am a fan of the track but not of the set up iracing has. should be interesting.

i would say i changed slightly. gave a few feet more room than usual. ended up goofing it up anyways but i dont think it was caught on camera. ended up 500 feet short of a top 5.
0 x
Washed up Kart racer from Texas.
Rode my teammates back for multiple PRL team championships in the Base and Truck leagues.
Season 3,4, and 7 Wednesday Night Truck League Team Champion!
Back marker for Rescue-Racing.com

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:43 am

Race day hype gents!!! Hope everyone is getting their practice in because this track is fun, but tricky. We will have a pre-race meeting in Discord 15 mins before qualifying. I'll see you all on the track and let's put on a great show for GSRC!
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

ahunter27t
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Austin Hunter
iRacing ID: Austin Hunter2

Post by ahunter27t » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:38 am

with the way practice went for me yesterday i plan on trying to move that turn 2 wall back just a bit during practice..
0 x
Washed up Kart racer from Texas.
Rode my teammates back for multiple PRL team championships in the Base and Truck leagues.
Season 3,4, and 7 Wednesday Night Truck League Team Champion!
Back marker for Rescue-Racing.com

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:41 pm

Everyone make sure as well that you have the correct truck number tonight. Week 1 is a freebie, if you're number doesn't match up with what you have signed with starting tonight, it's a point penalty per race.
0 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

fotors3
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Brandon Walter
iRacing ID: Brandon Walter

Post by fotors3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Pre-Race Interview:

Back in the day I knew how to drive this track. I admit I just bought Rockingham last night and so far I'm not very fast. I like how unique it is even if I do suck at it. 

Not one bit. It didn't matter much since I got wrecked early anyway. 
0 x
#99 Roadtrip Transport Chevrolet Silverado for Whataback Racing
PRL Victories: 1

amelikian
Rookie Member
United States of America
Full Name: Robert Melikian
iRacing ID: Robert Melikian

Post by amelikian » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:46 pm

1. I don't have much experience at this track. 
2. I got disconnected because of my internet so not really. I don't see it changing my style, though. 
Been having issues with internet connection all week so we'll how it goes this race....
0 x

Hootius
Manager
United States of America

Post by Hootius » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:03 am

Hey guys, its been a few days to think clearly, and I wanna go ahead and say a few things now that we've got our 1st 2 short track races under our belts. First and foremost, I want to thank you all again for another good turn out, having this kind of attendance is really crucial for us as a league on these broadcasts to show our strength as a league. So thank you all for your dedication so far.

Watching over the past 2 broadcasts, we have had actually some really really awesome battles and racing when we're not pacing. Looking back at all the cautions be that over the last 2 races, not many of them have been super bad in the sense of just bonehead moves (though there have been a couple). We have some really tight racing and all it takes is one little slip and the yellow come out. We're all human and we're all going to have those slips on occasion, so I'm not putting too much emphasis on those situations.

But I do want to stress and want everybody to go back and re-watch the broadcasts and start thinking about it so we can hold ourselves accountable for some aggressive runs in on the corners and guys getting into quaterpanels. It's one thing to rub a little door, maybe give a small bump square in the back, but I will not sit back and let these quaterpanel shots and door slams become a trend on these broadcasts. It puts me in a rough spot as a Steward because I have said repeatedly and its in the Stewarding rules, I don't go back and watch these replays to find violations, it's up to the drivers to bring it to me if something goes beyond hard racing and I need to intervene. But as a driver, that's 2 straight races now that I've been in a decent position and found myself getting lucky as hell at Martinsville with not getting motor damage, and paying the price at Rockingham because of bonehead moves from other people upfront causing chaos for the rest of the field. And it's not just me, there's a lot of innocent victims that happen in situations like that.

I love a good hard fought battle and close racing, but when it goes beyond that and it's just a guy being aggressive for the sake of wanted to be a hero on stream, that's what I wanna put the squash on. So what I'm going to ask moving forward (and it will be nice going to Texas next week and given us a little bit more room), is that everybody learn from the last 2 races, and put any grudges behind us. All the tempers and aggravations that we had over the past 2 races, let's put it behind us and start with a fresh slate and put on an amazing show at Texas. I'm challenging everybody this week to make sure they get proper practice time before the race and know what that truck is gonna feel like on a long green flag run. Let's limit our cautions and let's reach the lap limit for the 1st time this season. If you guys wanna talk about what I wrote, feel free to write here, or you can PM me if you like. I'll see you guys on the track!
5 x
Career PRL Stats
7-Time PRL Team Champion

Twitch.tv/OldManHoot
Twitter.com/Hootius

Return to “NASCAR Truck Series [S7] - Sponsored by ETC (Established Traffic Control)”