What other hobbies / activities are you into besides blasting around a virtual race track??

barryf1fan
Premium Member
United States of America
Full Name: Barry Cochrane
Main Platform: PC
iRacing ID: 441187

What other hobbies / activities are you into besides blasting around a virtual race track??

Post by barryf1fan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:36 pm

I used to race R/C cars pretty competitively, but with the stupid Chinese virus, well, that has pretty much come to a screeching halt.
Still have a bunch of onroad and offroad cars to race, but just nowhere close right now - and besides, now the sim-racing thing is kinda giving me the racing fix that R/C racing did.  Albeit different, it's a lot of fun.
I used to build models as a kid and blow them up with firecrackers or shoot them with guns... but I recently started "trying" to make some nice models.  Been back doing for almost two years now, and still learning as I go - mostly from forums or youtube vids.
Here's a few that I have completed, most of these were done during the "crisis". :D 

1/12 Tamiya Spain's No.1 Yamaha MotoGP bike

1/20 Tamiya Benetton B188 - took about two weeks to rattle can the colors on the body. :lol: 

1/24 Hasegawa Nissan R91CP

1/25 Revell Corvette C7.R

1/24 Hasegawa Toyota Tom's 88C

1/12 Tamiya Pramac Ducati GP4 MotoGP bike

1/12 Tamiya Ducati Panigale - tried to do the bike up like carbon fiber (came out ok...)

Just finished this one last week.
1/20 Tamiya Leyton House CG901B F1

Anyway, just whorin' out my other hobby. :lol: :lol: 
What do some of you guys do when you're not in the "seat".
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”