Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

wheel stands

ab53moh

Name
Still using a controller to race but am considering getting a wheel.  If anybody is using a single pole wheel stand I would like to know how you like it.  With the pole between your legs does it get in the way when braking with the left foot?  Is the stand heavy enough to be stable when using a force feedback wheel?

PaulCox

Name
Havent used a stand as such but have been on the "playseat" which has a pole in the middle of ur legs which while is a pain in the ass, u can get used to it.

TheGreatC81

Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I have a Wheelstand Pro and I like it. The pole is barely noticeable and certainly doesn't get in the way, IMO. There's some slight forward/backward play that I could probably eliminate with a little shim, but it's such a non-issue that it doesn't warrant the effort. The stand is way more sturdy than it looks too. I use a G29 with the FFB up fairly high (I like to be as realistic as my rig allows) and have zero issues. A direct drive wheel with the torque cranked up might be a different story, but if you can afford a DD wheel, I'm guessing you'd spring for a better stand too. It's honestly a great little stand, and folds up well if you need to get it out of the way.

ab53moh

Name
Thanks for the replies.  I got the Thrustmaster T150 pro and the Next Level wheel stand lite yesterday. It is definitely different racing with a wheel but my times are almost the same already as with a controller.  I also started using manual tranny, the shifting is much easier with paddles.