Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

  • 2021 Season 3 Signups are now closed !

    Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are now closed apart from the GT4 Amateur Series and the Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series where we still have places left !
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details.

Week 4: Vallelunga Circuit (10Dec17)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
9,389
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
iRacing ID
177904
AC_Vallelunga_Classic.png
 
Race Settings
Time of Day.: TBD
Temp.: TBD

MANDATORY DOWNLOAD:

Vallelunga_PRL
 

Tberg

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
577
Location
Denmark, ,Copenhagen
!

I've encountered problems with the Classic layout and PLP, something I can't fix without disregarding PLP limits entirely. That would be a shame IMO, so the track will be changed to Vallelunga Extended layout!

Please download this track file:
Vallelunga_PRL


Sorry for the late finding!
 

Lum

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Oct 26, 2017
Messages
91
Location
Potsdam, Germany
I wish FIA could do this on some tracks... "Sorry gentlemen, we've found a problem with the current Hockenheim layout... we'll race in the old one." >:D
 

Tberg

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
577
Location
Denmark, ,Copenhagen
Lum said:
I wish FIA could do this on some tracks... "Sorry gentlemen, we've found a problem with the current Hockenheim layout... we'll race in the old one." >:D

Yeah that would be something!  :lol:

Miss that long run through the forrest too!
 

yeaaamen

Active member
Name
Joined
Jul 30, 2017
Messages
37
Location
Murcia, Spain.
Hello guys!! I was away because I had some familiar problems. At this moment is still difficult and I don't know if I will race this one or no, so a reserve driver must be ready.

Good luck!
 

Tberg

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
577
Location
Denmark, ,Copenhagen
yeaaamen said:
Hello guys!! I was away because I had some familiar problems. At this moment is still difficult and I don't know if I will race this one or no, so a reserve driver must be ready.

Good luck!

You/team are responsible for hiring a reserve 😊
 

Tberg

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
577
Location
Denmark, ,Copenhagen
Jeffery Ford said:
Where do I download that file to?  And what is the times everyone getting

Same as always, assetto corsa game folder.
Times are at the usual stracker page too, but only 3 times set yet.
 

MaciekS

Member
Name
Joined
Jun 27, 2017
Messages
14
Location
Poland
Sorry guys, but after tonight races I completely lost desire to drive this car. I can't understand this car with ballast and restrictor. I'll give up the season if the next week races will be bad.
 

Tberg

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
577
Location
Denmark, ,Copenhagen
@MaciekS, sorry to hear that. I understand the feeling of getting tired of a car for whatever reason. You had very little restrictions for yesterdays race in comparison, but we all have bad days. It's too bad that both of you from xoSx.Racing quit, as I can't grant you points for race 2.


@drivers yesterday:
Though attendance was low halfway in the season, I had some great racing with my teammate Reib, Niko and Ref0. For race 1 I kept it straight and won 4th at the last lap preserving enough p2p. Race 2 was even more eventful, but then my binky went bye-bye and I fired one too many p2p for the first half of the race, and then it was my turn to get passed on the last lap, as Niko and Ref0 came on fast. I managed to close the door for Niko, but Ref0 was on the other side at the same time and that was it. I had good fun whatsoever, so thanks!
Grats to podium, Aki showed some terrorizing pace, like he gives a flying fuck if he's got restrictions! He took pole and held off Wildcard for both races, awesome man :D
Oh, grats to my teammate for his 1st podium on PRL!


@non-attenders last night:
7 drivers didn't show last night, while only a few had announced so. Please announce in the racethread of the week, if you plan to not show. Hope to see all of you next week, the whole grid and restriction-system is set up to work with as high attendance as possible :)

Results etc will be up later


Cheers!
 

MaciekS

Member
Name
Joined
Jun 27, 2017
Messages
14
Location
Poland
I know that I had low restrictors, but effectively discourage me from further driving. I was disappointed with the ride and I skipped to the pits.
 

Tberg

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
577
Location
Denmark, ,Copenhagen
MaciekS said:
I know that I had low restrictors, but effectively discourage me from further driving. I was disappointed with the ride and I skipped to the pits.

Yeah, I checked the replay and wondered why you did so. Well, 3 race sessions left of this season ending in just 1 month, we'll see who sticks around for something else ;)
 

Aksu

Member
Name
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
14
Location
Finland, Tampere
Maybe it's time to open my secret chamber now xP
First of all, sorry for being quiet at yesterdays races.... I was still kinda pissed of about last race crash at nurburgring.
I made incident report of that with report sheet but  that seemed to go nowhere because I got no response.  Isn't that incident report sheet work?

And to those last evening races ;-) Thank TBerg for compliment =P
I did knew I'm gonna be at podium because of others ballast weights from last week :) Those weights seems to affect very much to audi... To certain point they just add more grip to corners and don't affect to acceleration barely none. BUT...
When weights go over that point they affect to acceleration very MUCH and that lowers your pace.

My opinion to ballast...
It's just wrong to penalize players for driving fast laps with this car???  :shock:
On other without any kers or p2p it could work... But hey, not with this car  :? You can't penalize driver for using p2p's in race. Of course you get faster time and you can get closer to car ahead you... That's racing! I watched my performance delta all the time at nurburgring to prevent driving fastest lap. It worked... I got 3 pos by driving second slower lap time than Ref0. He was second and got 116kg of that race against mine 16kg xD

That's not how we should race...
If we're racing I assume that I can drive whole race fast as I can. Right?
Yesterday again... I watched performance delta all the time to prevent driving fastest lap.. I know it worked again but that isn't fun :/ At first race example. My consistency was 99,76%. My best lap would have been ~1:42.45 but I braked before finish line.. Why? With that one lap which has zero affect to my position on that race. I could have over 100 kilos ballast to next weeks race :l
That doesn't encourage to drive fastest lap in race... Even if you got one bonus point of that xD It costs you maybe 15-20 points in next two races :D

C'moon! Are we racing or calculating lap times? I'm good at both xD

Sorry for bad english and messy message but I have spoken now :D  :D

Without taking a stand to so far retired drivers ;-)

League racing is awesome! Of course we need more drivers but it could be fun now also ;-)
And thanks TBerg for organizing this!

To those who could not read the full text I'm just trying to say, you can't get penalties to drive ONE fast lap with p2p or kers system cars xP It could be either ballast or restrictor.. But not both..
 

xoSx

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Mar 15, 2017
Messages
138
Location
USA, CO
Tberg said:
 It's too bad that both of you from xoSx.Racing quit, as I can't grant you points for race 2.
Troels, we didn't quit, we were just a few laps down, if that changes anything.
 

Tberg

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
577
Location
Denmark, ,Copenhagen
Aksu said:
Maybe it's time to open my secret chamber now xP
First of all, sorry for being quiet at yesterdays races.... I was still kinda pissed of about last race crash at nurburgring.
I made incident report of that with report sheet but  that seemed to go nowhere because I got no response.  Isn't that incident report sheet work?

And to those last evening races ;-) Thank TBerg for compliment =P
I did knew I'm gonna be at podium because of others ballast weights from last week :) Those weights seems to affect very much to audi... To certain point they just add more grip to corners and don't affect to acceleration barely none. BUT...
When weights go over that point they affect to acceleration very MUCH and that lowers your pace.

My opinion to ballast...
It's just wrong to penalize players for driving fast laps with this car???  :shock:
On other without any kers or p2p it could work... But hey, not with this car  :? You can't penalize driver for using p2p's in race. Of course you get faster time and you can get closer to car ahead you... That's racing! I watched my performance delta all the time at nurburgring to prevent driving fastest lap. It worked... I got 3 pos by driving second slower lap time than Ref0. He was second and got 116kg of that race against mine 16kg xD

That's not how we should race...
If we're racing I assume that I can drive whole race fast as I can. Right?
Yesterday again... I watched performance delta all the time to prevent driving fastest lap.. I know it worked again but that isn't fun :/ At first race example. My consistency was 99,76%. My best lap would have been ~1:42.45 but I braked before finish line.. Why? With that one lap which has zero affect to my position on that race. I could have over 100 kilos ballast to next weeks race :l
That doesn't encourage to drive fastest lap in race... Even if you got one bonus point of that xD It costs you maybe 15-20 points in next two races :D

C'moon! Are we racing or calculating lap times? I'm good at both xD

Sorry for bad english and messy message but I have spoken now :D  :D

Without taking a stand to so far retired drivers ;-)

League racing is awesome! Of course we need more drivers but it could be fun now also ;-)
And thanks TBerg for organizing this!

To those who could not read the full text I'm just trying to say, you can't get penalties to drive ONE fast lap with p2p or kers system cars xP It could be either ballast or restrictor.. But not both..

Hey Aki, thanks for your input!

A little off topic, but since we rarely discuss much in the racethread post race, let's just continue here.

I agree that the system is not flawless, but we're gonna stick with it as it is now. A lot of factors push the restrictions back and forth, though it does what it was intended to do, among others take care that we don't see the same 3 drivers on podium each week. Also, the point championships are much closer in the top.
For your reference, if you did that 1:42.45X instead, you'd have +20kg extra for next week, not 100kg :D
You were .5sec faster in qual without any p2p, you were much faster than most, "deserving" the ballast, and though I understand your viewpoints, it's equal for all. I could do an average of each drivers entire race, which would have been 1:43.1XX for you, but you'd end up with the same ballast, because everyone elses average would also increase. If everyone hits the same obtainable laptime, no one gets ballast, in theory. I don't see anything wrong with you putting in strategy to avoid getting more ballast, because you're among the top drivers that should worry about it. The rest drives as fast as they can but hardly get any ballast.
The system is not perfect, some can't even cope with driving with restrictions it seems, and I couldn't possibly foresee the scenario. It is an experimental system and I must say, like it or not, that is mixes up the grid from week to week, slowly balancing out. It has given slower drivers to get some action with faster ones, while rivalry shifts from week to week. The intention was to prevent drivers from getting demotivated by getting low points or no racing at all week after week, just lapping at the back. Maybe it was inevitable that the guys in the front would be demotivated by the same system, but personally I've had fun trying something else than finishing top 3 all season and driving against the same 1-2 drivers. 
That said, we're still seeing the usual drop of attendance, so this proves that there's more to it than what car, track, restrictions etc is chosen for the season. But, we've got more skilled and consistent drivers this season than the last, so getting a good community up is key for good racing and it takes time.

CHeers!
 
Top