Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Wednesday Testing Races until Game is fixed !

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
511
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
98369
Hey guys,
I guess we will convert the pre-season races to social race for now until we get a patch.

I've started a poll that will close on Monday, if you want another track please mention it in a post and I'll add it to the voting. Preferably we would want a track that we won't be racing in the first few weeks when the season starts.

EDIT: 

Participants:
- Everyone signed up and any reserves

Races will be in the following order:
Germany
Singapore
Japan
Brazil
USA

Hopefully we won't need to do all those until the game is fixed.
 

iceman153

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2017
Messages
151
Location
Vancouver, BC
not sure the difference between calling them pre-season and social, we all signed up to race wednesdays, might as well just call them pre-season and assume everyone is coming each week no?   We can just keep doing pre-season until we get one that goes smoothly enough to start the actual season.

After all, we're here for the racing, not just for the championship.  tracks wise we can always just use the ones you nominated in this poll, and race them in order of popularity, game should hopefully work before we get done with them all.
 

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
511
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
98369
Social race we will get everyone we can online and participate. Pre-Season you want your normal lineup of drivers to be ready and get used to how the league runs.

Also since we can be running this for multiple weeks I would totally understand people like Mega who needs to wake up at 4h or 5hAM in the morning to not join in. Thats the whole point of doing social races.

But yea, we will go with the tracks I mentionned then and hopefully get everyone every wednesday.
 

moogleslam

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
339
Location
USA
Darklol said:
Social race we will get everyone we can online and participate. Pre-Season you want your normal lineup of drivers to be ready and get used to how the league runs.

Also since we can be running this for multiple weeks I would totally understand people like Mega who needs to wake up at 4h or 5hAM in the morning to not join in. Thats the whole point of doing social races.

But yea, we will go with the tracks I mentionned then and hopefully get everyone every wednesday.

Don't we want our normal lineup of drivers each Wednesday until we start the official season, regardless of what we call it?  I certainly want to get used to my car and work with my teammate.
 

Plasmaraider

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 1, 2017
Messages
108
Location
United States, Ohio, Aurora
moogleslam said:
Darklol said:
Social race we will get everyone we can online and participate. Pre-Season you want your normal lineup of drivers to be ready and get used to how the league runs.

Also since we can be running this for multiple weeks I would totally understand people like Mega who needs to wake up at 4h or 5hAM in the morning to not join in. Thats the whole point of doing social races.

But yea, we will go with the tracks I mentionned then and hopefully get everyone every wednesday.

Don't we want our normal lineup of drivers each Wednesday until we start the official season, regardless of what we call it?  I certainly want to get used to my car and work with my teammate.

agreed
 

moogleslam

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
339
Location
USA
I just sent a reminder/link out to everyone on Steam who hasn't posted here yet.
 

Sucuri

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Messages
98
Location
USA, WI
I should miss this one, but I will be present for the rest of the season (social races + season starter). Any of the reserves are free to take one of the Ferraris tonight.

Its Singapore next week? Hell yes!
 

moogleslam

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
339
Location
USA
Anyone ever have an issue when they start up the game and it feels like the wheel is set to 900 degrees of rotation, even though your settings are something much more sensible? .....like mine are 360. I have it periodically when starting the game, and need to close and re-open to fix, but for the first time, I just had it when I alt-tabbed then went back in too. Using a G27.
 

iceman153

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 22, 2017
Messages
151
Location
Vancouver, BC
We should mark this topic as an announcement so it's more obvious for everyone, and perhaps make the title a little more official looking? We want as many as possible to be coming to these races.
 

Tron4949

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
129
Location
USA, Colorado, Boulder
iceman153 said:
We should mark this topic as an announcement so it's more obvious for everyone, and perhaps make the title a little more official looking?   We want as many as possible to be coming to these races.

Agreed, I'm just now learning about this, was looking for another "Preseason Test Race X" thread so I didn't think it was actually happening until Lacadien linked me to it.  Gonna go see if I can't throw together some sort of setup to get me through this!
 

Bobino12

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
142
Location
Canada, Quebec, Quebec city,
moogleslam said:
Anyone ever have an issue when they start up the game and it feels like the wheel is set to 900 degrees of rotation, even though your settings are something much more sensible? .....like mine are 360.  I have it periodically when starting the game, and need to close and re-open to fix, but for the first time, I just had it when I alt-tabbed then went back in too.  Using a G27.
Never had that issue with my G29. I had some problems with the Logitech gaming software so maybe you should take a look in that direction. I don't think it's game related problem.
 

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
511
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
98369
moogleslam said:
Darklol said:
Social race we will get everyone we can online and participate. Pre-Season you want your normal lineup of drivers to be ready and get used to how the league runs.

Also since we can be running this for multiple weeks I would totally understand people like Mega who needs to wake up at 4h or 5hAM in the morning to not join in. Thats the whole point of doing social races.

But yea, we will go with the tracks I mentionned then and hopefully get everyone every wednesday.

Don't we want our normal lineup of drivers each Wednesday until we start the official season, regardless of what we call it?  I certainly want to get used to my car and work with my teammate.

Yes but we can have reserves. Megaman won't be here tonight he is still sick so we will get a reserve. I want to be full grid to be able to test the game properly because we can have no issues with 10 people but with 20 it might be a different story that is why I don't mind but priority goes to the original line up for sure.
 

Fruitsalsa

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
91
Location
Canada
Not my best performance tonight, got disqualified in quali (went wrong way by trying to turn around after a spin) and wrecked myself in turn 1 during the race.... Really sorry for the Williams that I hit by the way, I hope I did not ruin your race...

I'm not like that usually and I'll correct my driving for the next races !
 
Top