Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Wednesday Night Practice, 8:30 to 11:30 PM EST

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
VHR Racing will once again host a free practice each Wednesday night from 8:30 to 11:30 PM EST. In past seasons these sessions have proven to be a fun way to practice, as well as get to know each other a little better. We look forward to having you guys join us. I know I can use all of the practice that I can get!

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
The track temp was WAYYYY off between the practice session and race this week. What is the weather & temp setting being used for the race? Dynamic Weather or custom? I'd like to get it as close as I can for the practice.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hey Shawn,

The race sessions are set to dynamic weather and dynamic sky, and the time of day advanced at 1X. The time of year for the Long Beach race 2020-12-19 which can make a difference in the temp as well. Sometimes the default day in the hosted sessions are something like May15th.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
This is what Barber is set to if that helps (The start time though is three hours earlier than the actual race time to accommodate the 3 hour practice):

1608351090032.png

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
Thanks, Owen. This is helpful. I have been using dynamic weather & sky, along with ball parking the start time. I think I may have missed the sim date though. That is likely the difference.

Reactions: TRG

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Just discovered this, if you go to the schedule in the new UI you can click on drive now and test drive or create a hosted session and it automatically puts in the same weather, car, and track settings for the race session.

1610739210618.pngver