Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

VR software

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I use iSpeed for calculating fuel.
Have Voice Attack /DRE but have not got it set up properly.
Right now way too much info being given.
If you're good on the computer you can set it up to only give you the info you want.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Both are free, but to get the most out of them, you need to upgrade them.
If you get them and figure things out, I'll pay you to get mine working right.
I'm just no good with 0s & 1's

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Will have to check those out, just got my rift last night and hopefully will get it setup this weekend.  Of course my son tells me he will be using it also so there goes the no kids in the cave rule.

dan

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Question for you VR folks. Currently running 3 monitors, (1070 card) with a 4th unconnected at the moment. I like having the 3 monitors, so where do I connect the Rift? Do I have to disconnect one of the 3 monitors when I want to use the rift?

dan

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
I guess I may have worded the question wrong, currently 3 monitors are connected via display port, the 4th was connected via HDMI.  So to connect the rift one of the 3 monitors needs to be moved to HDMI, correct.  While using the rift for IRacing,  does the display show via the rift as well as the 3 monitors.  Just trying to get things figured out before setting this up on Saturday, and youtube videos just show how to plug things in.

thanks
dan

Attachments

• 14-137-261-V01.jpg
    14-137-261-V01.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 126

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Ok, this has potential if I can get the height adjusted right. I set the height during setup at 5'11", when in game/car I am looking at my feet, if I stand up I can see out the cockpit. Was I supposed to set it up while sitting? Also in the F3 I am off center to the right.

SharkV

Organizer
Staff member
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
bonaduce said:
Ok, this has potential if I can get the height adjusted right.  I set the height during setup at 5'11", when in game/car I am looking at my feet, if I stand up I can see out the cockpit.  Was I supposed to set it up while sitting?  Also in the F3 I am off center to the right.

There is a setting in controls to center the hdm.  Look at the bottom right, I think. 

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Name
Carsten Quint
iRacing ID
Yea, Iracing is good for that. Map a button to your wheel to center HMD. Its at the bottom of the black box and replay keybinds. Once you have that mapped just push the button when your sitting in your rig and in car. It will be good to go from there.

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Will definitely play around with it later this evening, if I can get my son off of it.  That "control panel" is that the one on the bottom of the screen when I look down?  Thanks for the insights guys.

dan

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
sorry for the misunderstanding I thought it was in the oculus settings.  That was the ticket, this will take some time to get used to.  Definitely will not use this until next seasons.  Thanks for all the advice gents it is appreciated.

dan

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Name
Carsten Quint
iRacing ID
I'm getting used to it myself. I do enjoy it, but it takes some time to adjust. Biggest thing I found is that I got queasy at first due to everything seeming so realistic without feeling the gforces. Messed with my brain for a bit.