Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

VR software

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
No motion sickness for me or my son, my wife lasted about 30 seconds at Daytona in the jetta before she started feeling queasy. So far, the problem I am having, and I didn't think it would be this, I miss the apexes completely, drive right past them. Got to get use to moving my head and not just my eyes like I do with the monitors.

dan

TRG

Director
Staff member
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Carsten - I am interested to hear how you like VR for endurance runs. That is the only thing holding me back from the next generation of VR setups.

SharkV

Organizer
Staff member
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
TRG said:
Carsten - I am interested to hear how you like VR for endurance runs. That is the only thing holding me back from the next generation of VR setups.

Tyler, I did the 12hrs of seabrin g with a Lenovo explorer, and had no issues.  Just waiting to get the money to be able to run a reverb or the new pimax 

SharkV

Organizer
Staff member
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Carsten Quint said:
Sofar my longest session has been 2 hours with no issues for driving.  My only concern for endurance races would be the spotting/crew stuff since menus are a bit of a pain in VR.

I stopped the vr when spotting, just restart the game 

JFMatte

Name
Jean-Francois Matte
iRacing ID
I wouldn't use 3 monitors + VR at the same time, that would be pretty demanding on the video card...Unless iRacing is just mirrored in a small window, and most of the monitors are the desktop. For software, I use Crew Chief, I can do virtually anything with voice commands: what's the track temp, what's the guy in front iRating, what my best lap time, how much fuel do I need until the end of the race, how many incidents do I have, where will I come out after pitstop, what p5 laptimes, change tire pressure at pit stop, etc. Really, tons and tons of voice commands. If you need help with it I can give a hand :)

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
JFMatte said:
I wouldn't use 3 monitors + VR at the same time, that would be pretty demanding on the video card...Unless iRacing is just mirrored in a small window, and most of the monitors are the desktop. For software, I use Crew Chief, I can do virtually anything with voice commands: what's the track temp, what's the guy in front iRating, what my best lap time, how much fuel do I need until the end of the race, how many incidents do I have, where will I come out after pitstop, what p5 laptimes, change tire pressure at pit stop, etc. Really, tons and tons of voice commands. If you need help with it I can give a hand :)

I am guessing this would just be a matter of turning the monitors off, unless some one knows a way to do this otherwise.  I did run the monitors and oculus during the last Cadillac race, screen door effect was a little bad but I hear that was to be expected with the CV1

dan

JFMatte

Name
Jean-Francois Matte
iRacing ID
Yeah I guess if you turn off 2 side ones before starting iRacing, and keep the middle one for your desktop.

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
how long did it take for you gents to become comfortable running vr over monitors?

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Name
Carsten Quint
iRacing ID
Not very long for me. It just feels better for me. It definately didn't help my pace though haha. When it comes to the software I settled on just using basic functions in Crew Chief. I didn't bother with the voice interaction since all I really wanted was someting to handle my fueling during pitstops. I turned off the ingame spotter since Crew Chief gives much better information.

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Just have to keep thinking I am on my motorcycle, it goes where the eyes go, eyes go where the head goes.