Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

**Cancelled** New racing rules - Minimum 18yo required

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
First of all, I would like to thank all members who have provided feedback to this decision. This was not a fun and easy call to make and everyone remained polite and diplomatic. We understand members' reactions whether you are for or against that decision.

After giving it more thoughts and after taking members' feedback into account, we did not realize the impact this decision had on some members/teams. We should not have penalized all drivers under 18 because of recent events only. The decision was taken based on facts and numbers and we were looking only at this and not a larger scope.

After a long meeting with the management team, we have come to a compromise that we hope will please everyone. The first decision is to remove any midseason rule changes for 2021/S4 because drivers who are currently competing did not agree upon registration. However, drivers that were suspended based on a stewards decision will be unchanged.

Starting in 2022/S1, we will implement new rules for drivers under 16 years of age. We will post it in the near future and make a board announcement again.

We will also add more details in the Penalty Matrix regarding the upcoming changes.

Again, we appreciate the feedback from our loyal membership and look forward to racing with you in the future.

See you around the track! (not me though because I have diapers to change!)

tegatai

Organizer
Name
James R Carter
iRacing ID
After reading through the text of COPPA, children under the age of 13 could participate with parental consent. In my humble opinion PRL is a much safer environment in which to incubate young talent like cadence.presley than in official races.

Darklol

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
After reading through the text of COPPA, children under the age of 13 could participate with parental consent. In my humble opinion PRL is a much safer environment in which to incubate young talent like cadence.presley than in official races.
We need to have a system in place to validate parental consent and since we can't comply to this we do not want to be accountable if anything happens.

Also the 13 years old rules was already in place long time ago before all this. Look around any forum do have a 13 yrs old restriction due to PM that we cannot monitor and private forum sections that can be set.

Sorry but this rule will not change and everyone under 13 who currently signed up to this forum entered a false birth date to register which means they violated our league's terms and service.

Last edited: