Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Track Usage

Billy Rowlee

Name
I like the fact the track doesn't reset, but wondering what others would think. The track at Knoxville did not carry over, or at least it didn't seem that way and I thought the race was pretty good. The one at Williams Grove was hard for a few factors, but didn't seem all that competitive. And I'm not even talking about Richard, he's fast everywhere and it doesn't matter. I'm wondering if we should go to a 20% to start hotlaps, then go to say 35% for qualifying and then carry over. I'd venture to say with as many cars as there were on the track last night for practice, we probably had the thing at close to 100% track usage before we ever turned a racing lap. It may make the racing quite a bit better. 
Thoughts?

ahunter27t

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
i would like to see it happen, we have great racers and people who show great respect for each other. so anything we can do to get the field tighter im interested in. All i can say is, i dont see how it could hurt us.

GameOfJobes

Name
Anthony Jobe
iRacing ID
I am totally fine with going to 35% for qualifying, but I feel like Williams Grove created a unique issue in this department. For example, we have seen Volusia get very slick and it created good racing on the top and bottom. The cushion was nearly unusable last night, but we have never had that problem at any other track. I just feel like the corners being so tight created the issue where guys are having to keep their distance when they are running the same line.

Name
%100 usage in practice separates the men from the boys :) and you said you dont want to lower stagger as it will reduce the talent needed for the cars, im down for what ever, I prefer tacky because it makes the field tighter together but that's just me :p

Billy Rowlee

Name
2 inches of stagger wouldn't have made a lick of difference last night for the race. Either way it was all about throttle control. Volusia had good racing, Eldora does, Lima is good, Lanier, and the rest are all fairly decent, even USA you can roll the bottom if needed. But Williams Grove was rough. I know the track reset after Knoxville and the race was really good and both grooves were pretty damn even.

I'm good with whatever, just wanted to throw this out here for an idea.

Billy Rowlee

Name
Really need to take a look at this guys. Put it to a vote, or do whatever, but playing ice-capades isn't something that's a lot of fun. The track reset at Knoxville before qualifying and the race was great. Both races since have been pretty bad and honestly not too much fun to drive. And going forward is the formula 25 gallons with 2 inches of stagger out so we can get some practice in? 

John LaBaff

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID
Billy Rowlee said:
Really need to take a look at this guys. Put it to a vote, or do whatever, but playing ice-capades isn't something that's a lot of fun. The track reset at Knoxville before qualifying and the race was great. Both races since have been pretty bad and honestly not too much fun to drive. And going forward is the formula 25 gallons with 2 inches of stagger out so we can get some practice in? 

I will talk with trevor today and get a post up tonight to confirm and I will also talk about the track usage with him also