Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Thoughts and Opinions?

madace

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Michael A Diaz
iRacing ID
I've recently sent in this in the suggestion form, but would like to know what everyone else thinks about it.

Me and other drivers that I am close to, some of us new to PRL were discussing about the league, how well managed it is, and how great the quality of the racing has been so far. But most of us agreed that the schedule is a bit strenuous, 10 weeks back to back is a bit much, for us at least. We've come up with some suggestions that we feel could be well received.

1: Add more drop weeks, as mentioned above at 10 races the calendar is quite long, increasing the amount of drop weeks would allow some of us more flexibility and allow for a break if wanted to.

2: Shorten the calendar, If more drop weeks isn't an option maybe an 8 week season?

3: Mid-Season break: If the mentioned above aren't possible how about a break mid season at the halfway mark?

4: Racing on Monday: The PRL series follows the official iRacing IMSA calender and that is perfect as is. Many of us often don't have that much time to dedicate to practice, as you know lots of practice is a must to be competitive in this grid. Racing on Monday would better sync with the track changes on iRacing, in turn this allows for more track time during the week and better preparation for the event.

5: Race every two weeks: This one probably is a no, but it'd be nice.

These aren't demands or anything of the sort, just our opinions.(just making sure it isn't perceived in the wrong way)

jalmenar

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Jonathan Almenar
iRacing ID
Miker9253 said:
NOT CLEARING THE TRACK STATE IS ANOTHER THAT SHOULD BE VOTED ON

OR AT LEAST TRIED IN D2

Agree!

Other than that, I like the current calendar. I wouldn't mind a brake mid season, but I'm ok as it is. 

Ozymandias

Organizer
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
madace said:
I've recently sent in this in the suggestion form, but would like to know what everyone else thinks about it.

Me and other drivers that I am close to, some of us new to PRL were discussing about the league, how well managed it is, and how great the quality of the racing has been so far. But most of us agreed that the schedule is a bit strenuous, 10 weeks back to back is a bit much, for us at least. We've come up with some suggestions that we feel could be well received.

1: Add more drop weeks, as mentioned above at 10 races the calendar is quite long, increasing the amount of drop weeks would allow some of us more flexibility and allow for a break if wanted to.

2: Shorten the calendar, If more drop weeks isn't an option maybe an 8 week season?

3: Mid-Season break: If the mentioned above aren't possible how about a break mid season at the halfway mark?

4: Racing on Monday: The PRL series follows the official iRacing IMSA calender and that is perfect as is. Many of us often don't have that much time to dedicate to practice, as you know lots of practice is a must to be competitive in this grid. Racing on Monday would better sync with the track changes on iRacing, in turn this allows for more track time during the week and better preparation for the event.

These aren't demands or anything of the sort, just our opinions.(just making sure it isn't perceived in the wrong way)
My comments
1-2: Adding more drop weeks can threaten the attendance in races, for me it is ideal 10 weeks and only 1 drop week
3: I like the idea of a half-season break. Maybe in that week you could do an optional race for fun, without points (like week 13).
4: I understand that PRL already has series on all weekdays, I do not see it possible.
5: Personally I prefer to run every week.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Hi,

I don’t know why we should change anything.

I’ve been in this league for over 3 years.

Two years ago, I was the organiser of the Tuesday night series. At that time, we had to work hard to get 15-20 cars on the track.

With lots of efforts and some cars and rules changes, we were able to get 30+ cars about 4 seasons ago. Now we have more than 70 signups and 2 divisions.

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
SharkV said:
Hi,

I don’t know why we should change anything.

I’ve been in this league for over 3 years.

Two years ago, I was the organiser of the Tuesday night series.  At that time, we had to work hard to get 15-20 cars on the track.  

With lots of efforts and some cars and rules changes, we were able to get 30+ cars about 4 seasons ago.  Now we have more than 70 signups and 2 divisions.

My sentiments exactly.

I was following the league for a few season before I came up enough to race in it. Glad it was still around when I started to. I love it. Its challenging and heck of a lot cleaner to race here than official series.

jalmenar

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Jonathan Almenar
iRacing ID
Ozymandias said:
madace said:

My comments
1-2: Adding more drop weeks can threaten the attendance in races, for me it is ideal 10 weeks and only 1 drop week
3: I like the idea of a half-season break. Maybe in that week you could do an optional race for fun, without points (like week 13).
4: I understand that PRL already has series on all weekdays, I do not see it possible.
5: Personally I prefer to run every week.

From point #3 YES! lets do a destruction derby race. I participated in one of these sponsored by .... Cant remember, but it was a big event with prizes and broadcast. I'm not asking PRL to have these goodies added, but it will be fun to have a race where the goal is to....be reckless for at least 30 mins  :lol: 

Sassy_McSassypants

Name
Pete Mobroten
iRacing ID
It sounds like you want a casual league...

This isn't a good fit for casual needs. The high expectations for commitment and consistency on the parts of drivers *and* organizers are defining characteristics of this league. It's a decent chunk of what makes PRL events carry a sense of occasion. Lowering the standards with the explicit purpose of allowing half-assed attendance is going the wrong direction.

Spinn

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Spencer Semkowich
iRacing ID
For me,what Sassy says is what drew me to PRL. Loving my first season learning in Div 2 so far!

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Following the schedule makes things a lot easier.
I can't and really don't have time to learn how to make my own setups.
I pay someone for them .
Following the schedule allowes me to run official races when I want.
Going off schedule would me myself and everyone else who follows it have to make {or buy} another setup.
I would not have a problem replacing an unpopular track {like the POS we just ran} with something else.

MrCaringi

Name
Maybe PRL can define a system to kick out the least popular track of the season.

Mid-tournament break will be great.

A final 90min event would be great too...