Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

The Winners Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Premium Member
I am delighted to announce the return of ‘The Winners Cirlce’. 3 divisions races, 63 races, 189 interviews. Kimi Raikkonen would be proud, enjoy.......

Macca

Premium Member
Round 1 - Australia

Division 1

Mich

Q: Congratulations on your win. The last time you won at Albert Park you went on the win the championship. Can you do the same again?
A: Yeah that seems like a long time ago and there is still a long way to go this season but it’s a great way to start. Bahrain could be a struggle though with the ABS advantage for some runners, but I’ll do my best.

Q: The race was won in controversial fashion. Would you like to talk about it from your point of view?
A: Obviously I know it doesn’t look good but in the heat of the moment you want to do everything you can to hold on to the position. I know it didn’t look clean but I think at least from Michaels perspective and on stream, the desync made it look worse than it actually was. I think my driving was within the rules but wouldn’t be considered ‘nice’. I’ll try keep it a bit cleaner from now on.

Q: Yourself and Michale seem to be the 2 clear favourites for the championship. Do you see it that way?
A: I think there will be multiple contenders, but if I had to narrow it down I would probably say it would be us two. Obviously Deki is getting used to no assists but I expect him to start fighting for podiums at the tail end of the season, Falcon will be very close and have the edge at some tracks although in my honest opinion I think he will fade away again. Then there are drivers like June and Hari who definitely have the pace to win but won’t because they seem to bottle every chance they get or something doesn’t go there way.

McSendit

Q: Congratulations on your P2. Did you expect that this round?
A: Thank you! P2 was definitely above my expectations, but I knew I’d have good pace because Australia’s always been one of my favorite tracks.

Q:You’re no stranger to PRL having been racing in the American leagues. What made you want to try the European league out? What are your first impressions?
A:After seeing the speed, skill, and huge number of people racing in the European league, I had no choice but to give it a go. My first impressions are great, starting the season with one of the most fun races I’ve ever been in.

Q: There was a lot of controversy with some of the race craft and respect shown out there. Do you expect this to get better as the season goes on?
A: As for the third question, I’d have to disagree with you there. Although some of the guys up front certainly had their elbows out, and absolutely a few incidents were questionable, I saw nothing malicious. Just some good hard racing. I was happy to have no complaints from about the times I went wheel to wheel, as the final corner did get a little hectic.

Spine 

Q: Congratulations on your podium in your very first race. Did you expect it in such a strong field?
A: Thanks man. To be honest, I didn't expect to be on the podium. Last year I was still using assists, so anything above p10 seemed impossible. For this year I turned assists off (except ABS) to be more competitive and it worked out great. I didn't know how fast everyone else will be, but i assumed deki and michael would be the fastest, as they were the ones fighting for the title last year. I also knew, that McSendit is at least as quick as I am (if not even faster) So I was "expecting" a top 10 finish with hopes for a top 5.

Q: You started 11th which gave you a free choice of tyre, how much do you think this helped you get that podium?
A: Starting on the Supersofts definitely helped me in terms of race pace, but I would've preferred to start at the front of the field. I just didn't manage to do a valid lap on my first and second try in quali so I had to play it safe on the third try.

Q: Has your targets for the season changed after this podium?
A: My target for this season was to get into the top 5 as often as possible, so that hasn't really changed, but it increased my hopes that I'll maybe be able to win a race. And I hope that McSendit and I can win the constructors championship.

Macca

Premium Member
Round 1 - Australia

Division 2

Jari 

Q: Congratulations on you win mate. Is it fair to say you won bringing the car home without any mistakes rather than being the fastest driver?
A: Yeah thats 100% the case, I wasnt the fastest, so I just tried to make the least amount of mistakes possible I did make some though, but none as big as skeevan and lee.

Q: There was a strong feeling heading into the season that you was sandbagging your true pace. Do you have anything to say on this?
A: To be fair I have sandbagged quite a bit on f1 2017 or atleast tried, but I havent been sandbagging on this game, I just didnt play it, so I didnt even know my own pace

Q: That’s back to back wins for the races you’ve entered in D2. Can you make it 3 in a row at Bahrain?
A: Dont think so, as my quali pace is okay, at least I hope so, but my race pace isnt looking all to good, so it would be a miracle if I win at Bahrain

Lee

Q: Congrats on your 2nd place mate. Are you happy with your result or do you think the win was there?
A:Thank you! Was a bit frustrated to end up 2nd cause I pitted early to force Skeevan to pit, but pitting a 2nd time was a mistake. 

Q: You did 2 stops that race. Why was this always the plan entering into the race?
A: Pitting 2nd time was a mistake 

Q: D2looks extremely quick. There seems to be at least 5 drivers capable of winning races. Who do you consider the main rival(s) for the title?
A: I think Skeevan will be my main rival cause he seems to be very very quick.

*This answer was given before Skeevan moved to D1*

Pieter 

Q: Congratulations An amazing P3 on your return. Didn’t make it easy for yourself did you though?
A: I missed out on qualifying, so had to start at the back of the grid... I had a great start but got front wing damage, so had to go in to the pits and do an entire race on the softs. At the end we managed to finished P3 and we were driver of the day!

Q: D2 is an extremely quick league however, back on F1 2016 you was fighting for wins and podiums. So do you think you can win this championship?
A: I know I've got the pace to compete with all of these quick drivers. Back in 2016 I could fight for podiums so I hope to do this over and over!

Q: Since you last raced with us your former teammate Carre has gone onto eSports with Williams, does it ever make you wish you had committed more to league racing?
A: First of all congrats to Carre! Back in 2016 he was already one of the quickest guys of the league, but he managed to step up is game and he made it into eSports! Of course it's easy to look back at things that happened in the past.. I'm still young and back then I was only 14 years old.. I had a job and sometimes had to work on saturdays. If I had more spare time i would've commited a lot more to league racing but I haven't and I'm goodnwith that.

Macca

Premium Member
Round 1 - Australia

Division 3 

[ltr]Wave[/ltr]

[ltr]QA win on your debut. How does it feel?[/ltr]
A: A win will always feel great, can never complain about being the fastest over an entire race. But the first race of a season never decides the championship so I have to keep pushing fron here.

Q: JCol had a big margin in qualifying and you was down in 4th. Did you think the win was possible?
A: I wasn't expecting to win but yeah I knew it was possible, you can never predict what will happen during a race beforehand.

Q: You seem to be relentless in the race with great race pace. Would you say this is your main strength?
A: Yeah I would say that my race pace and consistency are my main strength, quali has never really been a really strong point for me

[ltr]Coco[/ltr]

Q: Congratulations on 2nd place, did  you expect to get a podium on your debut race?
A: I was expecting it, I knew I was quite quick around Australia.

Q: People think you could be a dark horse for drivers title. What is your goal for this season?
A: I’m not sure if I can be considered a dark horse to be honest. A top 3 in the championship would ideal for me.

Q: You have already beaten your cousins best finish, how is the rivalry between you two?
A: Well, we naturally get along really well, but I would say that he is my biggest rival.

[ltr]Stevo[/ltr]

Decided not to respond 

Status
Not open for further replies.