Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

The Lazy Gator Lounge

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Breaking News :Seitz called to the PRL home offices due to Non Doping Allegations.

This report can neither be confirmed nor denied, but it seems that Greg has been driving sober all this time. According to insiders, if confirmed, Greg will be handed a 12 pack of Hamm's penalty and be subjected to cheap beer on the human body effects. Also it appears that a member of Brown Fanny Racing had an incident and has left an oily substance on the track in turn 1.

Welcome to the Lazy Gator Lounge. You regulars know how it works here so grab your favorite stool and belly up to the bar. For our new customers, and Jerome, welcome to the lighter side of PRL. It has been 3 weeks since we last battled it out, and in that time IRacing has made some changes to the sim. I have heard most people say they want rain to come the game, not me though. I have a better idea. We all know after hitting a wall or fellow racer at full speed and seeing the carnage whether our race is over or not. But we have to wait for the tow to confirm 72 hours of repair in a 10 minute race. So I suggest they implement a "finishing move". Think about it, after demolishing you car a track side official approaches you and in a Mortal Kombat esque way rips your helmet and spine from your body (AKA Subzero) and then holds it up high so your fellow racers can see as they speed by. But alas one can hope for rain.

We will be going back to drinks and a show this season. With the pandemic "winding down" many artist are getting back on the road and touring again. It is my goal to bring you the best that I can afford on the pittance of an allowance that Mama Gator allows me. With that I present the drink and show for this week.
DRINK
Poinsettia Cocktail
Ingredients

2 tablespoons Cointreau, or other orange liqueur or orange juice
4 tablespoons 100% cranberry juice (unsweetened)
1/2 glass champagne (6 tablespoons)
*For the garnish: 1 rosemary sprig, whole cranberries
Procedure
Place the cointreau and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake 15 seconds until cold. Strain the liquid into a champagne flute. (You can skip this step if the cranberry juice is well chilled.)
Top off the glass with champagne (no need to measure). Garnish and serve. (Note: You can also make a large batch of cointreau and cranberry juice ahead if desired, then measure out 6 tablespoons per glass.)

[youtube]The Devil’s Daughters w/ Danny B Harvey - Rock Boppin’ Baby - YouTube[/youtube]

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Wow, what an exciting opening round at Monza. There is competition throughout the field and I foresee some very close battles in both divisions. But as Murray Walker used to say
"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong."

Now we head to Iowa, an evil strip of asphalt in the shape of an oval. As the first oval of the season it got me thinking of the issues we have at this tracks. Many things in this world are oval, and seem to cause us no issues. There's the Oval Office, who among us as a child was told that you can be anything you want, even POTUS. Then there is the simple egg, strong on the outside, protecting the occupant just like a racing cockpit. And who doesn't love a fried egg with bacon. Now we get to the best oval of all, the toilet. Who would have thought this little invention would bring so much joy to our lives. Men, you know you have a stack of Hot Rod magazines with dog eared corners sitting next to your "throne" waiting to be read again for the umpteenth time. The joys of relaxing in the "library". But you know what else is oval shaped. The TURD. We deposit it, flush it, plunge it, all in the effort to rid it of our lives. But alas you know eventually you will return to start the whole cycle over again, just like an IRacing series. With that out of the way I give you tonight's drink and entertainment.

Drink:
Satan's Whiskers
Ingredients

1/2 ounce gin
1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
1/2 ounce dry vermouth
1/4 ounce Grand Marnier or orange curaçao
1/2 ounce orange juice, fresh
3 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: orange peel

Procedure

Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
Add ice and shake until chilled.
Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
Garnish with an orange peel.

Entertainment: [youtube]
Enjoy,
The Management

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
IOWA, thats all I'm going to say on the matter.

As I sit here today at work bored out of my skull as the phone systems are down and all but the oil changer having the technician blues flu. I got to thinking about what to write about here at the Lounge. Here in the Adirondacks with the snow melting we residents know that the season of road repair shall commence, soon to be followed by winter. Boring topic. How about sports. F1 has started and after one race we start to see the same old situation. Hamilton wins, Verstappen second, Bottas third. Rinse and repeat, yawn. The Masters, really don't watch golf so I don't know the big names that will vie for the trophy, but I do know Tiger won't be playing so I may watch some of the action. I still say the "lady of the evening" was able to walk away before help got there, hence the cops know but won't tell. Nascar, look to Sunday nights league.
After some thinking it came to me, we are men and at some level we are all "Petrol Heads", cue the tool man. So I have decided to write about the newest addition to my growing garage of misfit toys. I've told you about my first resto, an 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT 2M6, they catch on fire right. The current restoration is also known, a 1972 MGB roadster giving to my son by my father, British cars and their electrical problems. Now coming to the garage to become the next problem child, a 1969 Suzuki TS/TC 250 motorcycle. It arrived Sunday, with just a handshake and a grin it became mine. It last ran 10 years ago and has had several parts replaced over its 50 years of service, most noticeably the 70's era Ape Hanger bars. I quickly moved my new toy to the garage before Momma Gator got home from her wine tasting. Wine tasting, just call it what it is, Day Drinking for the Ladies. Thirty minutes later she arrives at the door of garage with a warm glow about her and sees me maneuvering around the bike making a list of things to remedy. With out as much of a hello I see her spin around a evil glare in her eye and these words escaped from her mouth as she stormed away. "Great, another piece of old man junk that doesn't work." I'm not sure if she was talking about the bike or me.
Here is this weeks drink and entertainment.

Drink
The Boston Cocktail
Ingredients
1 1/2 ounce London dry gin
1 1/2 ounce apricot brandy
1/4 ounce grenadine
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Procedure
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour all of the ingredients.
Shake well.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Serve and enjoy!

Entertainment [youtube]

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
After watching the news here at the lounge tonight I decided that I needed a little pick me up that I only get on the weekends. So I wandered out to the garage and allowed myself to become one with Zen. I gathered my tools, found a comfortable working position and began to assemble my masterpiece. First I uncap my container of wedding cake, sprinkle a small amount into the waiting bowl and fire it up. That's right gentleman, the Ole' Gator smokes the ganga, the mj, Mary jane, you know the marijuana. I think I heard that in a movie somewhere. But I only use it for medicinal reasons, you know for my glaucoma, which might explain some of my racing incidents. Which reminds me of something else, the whole "I only" excuse. Think about it how many of us know someone who "only bought playboy for the articles". You find me this person and I'll almost guarantee you that he has a girl at the bottom of a well in his basement telling them "it puts the lotion on its back or else it gets the hose". Tangents, their not just an angle. See you on the track, if my glaucoma doesn't act up ;). Here's tonight's drink and entertainment. First drink is on the house due to being down last week.

SHOT 1
Vulcan Nerve Pinch
Ingredients
1/2 oz Rum
1/2 oz Sambuca
1 drop Tabasco if you dare
Steps
SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT

SHOT 2
Harry Mudd
Ingredients
1/2 oz White Creme de Cocoa
1/2 oz Irish Cream
1/2 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
1/2 oz Goldschlager
Steps
If you haven't figured it out by now, DRINKING, is not for you. Maybe you should be at Jamba Juice down the street.

Entertainment [youtube]
Enjoy, The Management

andyspicer

Premium Member
Full Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
After watching the news here at the lounge tonight I decided that I needed a little pick me up that I only get on the weekends. So I wandered out to the garage and allowed myself to become one with Zen. I gathered my tools, found a comfortable working position and began to assemble my masterpiece. First I uncap my container of wedding cake, sprinkle a small amount into the waiting bowl and fire it up. That's right gentleman, the Ole' Gator smokes the ganga, the mj, Mary jane, you know the marijuana. I think I heard that in a movie somewhere. But I only use it for medicinal reasons, you know for my glaucoma, which might explain some of my racing incidents. Which reminds me of something else, the whole "I only" excuse. Think about it how many of us know someone who "only bought playboy for the articles". You find me this person and I'll almost guarantee you that he has a girl at the bottom of a well in his basement telling them "it puts the lotion on its back or else it gets the hose". Tangents, their not just an angle. See you on the track, if my glaucoma doesn't act up ;). Here's tonight's drink and entertainment. First drink is on the house due to being down last week.

SHOT 1
Vulcan Nerve Pinch
Ingredients
1/2 oz Rum
1/2 oz Sambuca
1 drop Tabasco if you dare
Steps
SHOOT IT, SHOOT IT

SHOT 2
Harry Mudd
Ingredients
1/2 oz White Creme de Cocoa
1/2 oz Irish Cream
1/2 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
1/2 oz Goldschlager
Steps
If you haven't figured it out by now, DRINKING, is not for you. Maybe you should be at Jamba Juice down the street.

Entertainment [youtube]
Enjoy, The Management
There were articles in Playboy? Hmmm, who knew?

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Let it be known, BTR will be raising a glass of our finest to Linda.

It is our hope that everyone understands that we may be a bit slower as a result of less fuel additive being available this week.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Its been two weeks since we last gathered at the lounge for drinks and spirited conversation, and I must say "It feels good to be back". I noticed something interesting this morning on my drive to work. But before I can get to that, you need a little backstory. Mama gator has been hounding me to get a health checkup, so after much consideration I caved and had her make an appointment. Now as I haven't been to a family physician in a least 8 years, it was necessary to get a new one. My wife's friend suggested I see the doctor she works for, as her husband also goes there. I ask how is this doctor , "She's great and very thorough so expect to be there for a while" she replies. OOHHHH a female doctor, this is a first for this old man. Visit day, I get in my gown place my butt on the cold table and mama and I wait for her to come in. Mama has a lot of questions that I would forget to ask, and tells me to behave. In walks the Doc and the fifth degree begins followed by blood work and see you in 2 weeks to go over the results.
Two weeks later in the same office, this time clothed to go over the results. I am as healthy as a 51 year old should be, blood work comes back fine, only issue is blood pressure 150/110. So we discuss options, lose weight, eat better, exercise and cut back on drinking but no pills!!!!!. Ok doc says see you in 2 month's. Next visit, I have lost 10 lbs, cut way back on drinking, 1 beer a week, and walking 2-3 miles a day. Blood pressure 155/110, wait 15 minutes on a different arm 165/130. So we start the conversation. "Are you eating more fruits and vegetables" she ask. I
respond "Most people frown on cannibalism." Without skipping a beat she replies "have you tried covering them in BBQ sauce.", gentleman I have found my equal. So at the end of the visit I have a script for pills and another visit in a month. One month later BP is 105/80, but diet needs attention and she suggests that I try fruit smoothies, surprisingly I like them.
Which brings me to today. Now normally I make my smoothie at home but needed to get gas so I just had the local convenience store make me one. While waiting for my order next to the pharmaceutical wall, I notice that a 3 pack of condoms cost $4.99, yet a 100 count bottle of aspirin cost $3.49. This would explain why mama gator always has a headache, the return on investment is better with the aspirin.

Drink:
The Air Mail
Ingredients:
1 fluid ounce light rum
½ fluid ounce lime juice
½ fluid ounce honey syrup
1 cup ice
1 tablespoon chilled Champagne
Directions:
Combine rum, lime juice, and honey syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, cover and shake until chilled. Strain into Champagne flute. Top with Champagne.

Entertainment: [youtube] [/youtube]

Enjoy, The Management