Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

The Lazy Gator Lounge

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Welcome gents to another season of F3 battles.  Many of us enjoy a cold beverage, (some more than others, no names just sequins), as we turn laps and bust each others balls, much like sitting at your neighborhood tavern with your mates. So with that in mind I present to you the first of your world adventure cocktails, the truly British Pimm's Cup.  Enjoy 1, maybe 2, but remember there is no UBER on the track.

dan

Traditional Pimm's Cup

2 oz. Pimm's No. 1
4 oz. English lemonade
Mint sprig, cucumber slice, strawberry slice, and apple slice for garnish.
Add ice to a chilled tall glass.  Add the Pimm's and lemonade.  Stir gently, and garnish with the mint sprig, cucumber slice,strawberry slice and apple slice.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Speaking of British, what kind of black market do I need to sell myself to to get some original New Castle. This hoppy crap we get in America now sucks.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Wow, what a fun filled Thursday night we have planned for you fine folks (cough, cough) here at the Lazy Gator Lounge.  Let me start by saying this evening is inspired by none other than Glitter Pants and his home country and track. It's beautiful beaches, music, and lets not forget the ever so popular wax, So with that in mind here is tonight's drink special, and in house music:

The Bossa Nova
3/4 oz dark rum
1/4 oz apricot brandy
1/4 oz Galliano herbal liqueur
5 oz pineapple juice
1/2 oz lemon juice
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half full of ice cubes. Shake well, and strain into a hurricane glass filled with ice.  Garnish with your choice of a maraschino cherry or wedge of pineapple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NldPFVKYmiw

enjoy
dan

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
Hootius said:
Speaking of British, what kind of black market do I need to sell myself to to get some original New Castle. This hoppy crap we get in America now sucks.

I can't help you with the New Castle, but if you want a nice English brown ale, try Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. And while you're at it, try Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, one of my favorites. I hate when stouts have a ton of coffee flavor to them, and Smith's has none. Just smooth and delicious.

This is my favorite time of year for beer. I usually go to my local shop and grab a sampler of all the Oktoberfests. Paulaner's Oktoberfest Marzen has been my go-to for years, but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has one. 

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Once again I will be pairing this track with a nice Rosé. It's light and refreshing, a perfect cool down for hot nights in Brazil.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I'll be pairing with a high alcohol, bitter as fuck IPA beacuse that is what's on tap. It also matches Brazilian racing tactics (Jefferson......)

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
We head north this week, Au' Canada.  We land in the country that gave us William Shatner, Rush, and who can forget Pamela Anderson.  However the world will never forgive them for the Beib, Canada you have to own that.  This weeks drink special was a tough one.  What drink says Canada when you put it to your lips, get your first sip, smell the aroma and brings you the great white north.  After consulting with the highest ranking Canadians that I could find: 275px-Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie.jpg , who repeatedly referred to me as a "Hoser", we have decided that $7 buckets of Moosehead Lager is the way to go.  Drink up EH!

P.S.  Black Velvet while being Canadian Whisky, was considered until we remembered it taste like crap and whatever you mix it with now taste like crap. 
P.P.S. Also do not ask the waitresses for poutine, if you want gravy with your fries ask for mashed potato's

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
We take another trip north this week to Canada's 2nd cousin, Wisconsin, home of the fabled Green Bay Packers and the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field, cheese heads, bratt's, and 2 seasons Winter and road repair. We at the the lounge have decided that the drink special this week will be:

The Wisconsin Badger

1 oz Korbel Brandy
1/2 oz Apple Schnapps
1/2 oz Blackberry Schnapps
Cranberry Juice
1/2 oz Cherry Schnapps

Fill a mug with ice and add the brandy, apple and blackberry schnapps. Fill remainder of mug with cranberry juice and stir. Slowly pour the cherry schnapps so that is layers the top.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Sorry for the delay gents, doing some major renovations here at the lounge, a major announcement is coming.  This week we again head south of the equator to that wonderful country that gave the world, the first in car race cam way back in 1979. Australia also gave us the inflatable slide and raft, which will come in handy with the Blown Tranny airline startup. But who amongst us could ever forget this great product of Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gADtPdpYZag.

With all that and more here is this weeks drink special:

Japanese Slipper

1 oz melon liqueur
1 oz orange liqueur
1 oz lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake well and stain into a chilled cocktail glass.  Garnish with a slice of honeydew melon or a cherry.  Alternate garnish would be a melon ball.

Remember to tip your waitresses accordingly, and for a side dish how about an appetizer of Witchetty Grub.   Yummy

VikingHR

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
kevin olson
iRacing ID
A Gold Rush:

Take 2/3 cup honey and 1/3 cup water and bring to a simmer and then cool completely. mix with 1 cup of lemon juice and 1 cup of Bourbon. Serve over ice with a mint leaf.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
We head to Germany this week, my ancestors homeland. This weeks drink took a little wheeling and dealing to get, pretty sure there may have been a little bit of illegality in getting my hands on it, but the fine patrons of the lounge deserve the best. Octoberfest has just ended and the Gator was able to get his hands on some left over Spaten Oktoberfest: a sweet, brown beer with a mildly malty taste with roasted notes and a round, earthy finish. These will only be served in 34 oz steins and come with a complimentary schnitzel of your choice.

"we at the lounge take no responsibility for those patrons that may injure themselves trying to do compete in drinking contests with others, BEERFEST was just a movie" wink wink.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Been a busy week here at the lounge, multiple irons in the fire.  This week it is all about Halloween, come dressed in your costume and enjoy this weeks drink special.  The "Bloody Brain Shot" has to be the quintessential halloween themed drink.  When properly prepared this macabre concoction has a very realistic looking floating piece of freshly bleeding brain matter...SPOOKY!!

Ingredients:

1 1/4 oz. strawberry vodka such as Stoli
1/8 oz. Rose's lime juice
3/4 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
splash of grenadine

Chill the vodka for better smoothness.  Add vodka and lime juice to a shaker, shake and strain into a shot glass.  Using a straw, dip some Bailey's Irish Cream into the shot.  Once you submerge the straw into the Bailey's, put your finger on top of the straw and hold the Bailey's in the straw. Dip the straw tip into the vodka and slowly release your top finger.  The Bailey's will curdle a little bit due to the lime juice and you should be able to make strands of Bailey's.  Repeat the straw process to build a "brain" in the shot glass.  Add a splash of grenadine to the concoction to add the "blood" to the mix.  Down the hatch as a shot.

Enjoy

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
To Spain we go this week, home of my personal favorite F1 driver Fernando Alonso and my 2nd favorite bicycle rider Miguel Indurain.  With that in mind the lounge decided to offer something up this week that could be shared with friends while watching either sport on the big screen, while also giving a nod to one of our own racers online.

The Barcelona

10 oz chilled white wine of your choice
3.5 oz Gin
1.5 oz Grand Marnier
1.5 oz Elderflower Syrup
1 tsp lemon juice
1tsp orange juice
Sprite
Fresh citrus fruit slices of your choice

Place fresh fruit at the base of a large mixing jug/pitcher.  Add lemon and orange juice, elderflower syrup, white wine and other ingredients.  Mix well. Add ice cubes and garnish with sliced strawberry and mint.  Serve in tall glasses.

Enjoy

the management

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Back to The United Kingdom again this week for a rousing spin around Brands Hatch.  The Lounge has decided to keep it local this week and serve up pints of Family Stout.  Brewed in the same area as the track by the Westerham Brewing Company, what could be better than serving up a long pull of this rich chocolatey dark goodness.  So take a seat at the bar, hoist your beer, enjoy your mates and may GOD save the queen.

enjoy

the management

Looking forward to revealing next weeks drink.  It has caused many a man/woman to wake up next to a stranger and utter the the phrase      "W T F" 

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Dan - thanks for keeping this going. This is always one of my favourite threads to see an update on.

You sir can be promoted to a sticky!

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Wow has it been ten weeks already. With all these drinks, my mind has become slightly hazy at times. This week we take the battle to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in the wonderful city of Montreal. This is one of the few tracks that I have actually been to, although not to see a race. Montreal holds special memories for me, as I went to college just across the border in Plattsburgh. Many a night my mates and I would traverse Saint Catherine street. First we would stop at Piels Pub and enjoy a rousing game of out drink the Canadians, we never won. Then on to the "cultural" aspects of the night, gentleman's clubs. Knowing just enough french to get our faces slapped, or the occasional bum rush out the door, it was always an interesting time. So with that I present to you the final cocktail of the season, straight from Filions in Plattsburgh.

***WARNING, this is not a drink for the meek. This will sneak up on you and club you in the back of the head with a 2x4***

BIONIC BEAVER

Ingredients:

- 2 oz Vodka
- 2 oz Southern Comfort
- 2 oz Sloe Gin
- 2 oz Gin
- 2 oz Grenadine
- 12 oz beer
- 7 up and orange juice equal amounts to fill the pitcher

In a pitcher add some crushed ice, add the beer than the shots, fill remainder of the pitcher with equal amounts of orange juice and 7 up. Stir.

Enjoy, and remember to not manhandle the waitresses.

the management