Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Strict Corner cutting rules

Mu11man

Premium Member
Hello 
Quite a few people think we should change over to strict corner cutting rules.
So if you can leave a message in this post if you want Strict or keeping to regular rules :)
Many thanks 

Veoxic

I also vote for ON. I know a few people will get disqualified the first few races until everyone is used to the change. But imo it will force more competitive driving

Ciniak

strict for me :)

In reply to yarm's concern. it should be possible to provide evidence to the stewards in such cases and then the stewards can decide on whether to remove the time penalty or not.

CrystalCatcha

Very true, I've only had 1 penalty all season for cutting to my knowledge and that was an accident. However, changing rules mid season is just an odd decision when it will effect results and the races we have already done would have been very different had strict been in place the whole time. I'm not against bringing it in, just the timing is odd in my opinion.

moogleslam

Premium Member
Ciniak said:
strict for me :)

In reply to yarm's concern. it should be possible to provide evidence to the stewards in such cases and then the stewards can decide on whether to remove the time penalty or not.

The Stewards will not remove these types of penalties.  If a driver unfairly receives an in-game penalty for corner cutting, other drivers are informed of this penalty via their race engineer and could race accordingly.  For example, they may hear the driver ahead has a 10 second penalty, so they assume they only need to be within 10 seconds, and don't need to overtake.  In short, it has always been PRL policy to let the game police corner cutting unless it is blatant and excessive, but not if it is minor and/or incorrectly assessed by the game.  That said, it is at least the same for everyone.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Ciniak

strict rules are and will stay on for the rest of the season so in that case you would be welcome to join if theres a space of course, you will have to contact mu11man for that though :p