Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the PRL Formula 3 Championship! 2020/S1 will feature the Dallara F3.

This series is broadcasted on the iRacing eSports Network by Global Sim Racing Channel!​
 ​
GSRC.png
 ​

Series organisers: Matthew Gunderson (Gunner) & Owen McLachlan (mclachlanol)

INFORMATION & FAQ

When does the season start and end? 2020/S1 will start on December 12th and will end on February 27th. There will be 2 off weeks for the Holiday Season, there will be no races on December 26th or January 2nd.

How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.

Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. Drop weeks cannot be used in the last race of the season (Week 10). There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. The Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9.

What day/time do races start? Races are on Thursday. The session starts at 6pm with qualifying at 9pm (EDT).

How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 42 seats available. We will create 2 divisions if we reach 60+ signups. Multiple divisions information is available in the Rules document.

How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill. There is a $10 USD fee to signup.

Why are you charging entry fee? We are charging a $10 entry fee to help us cover the broadcast expenses. Even with entry fees, we don't have enough money to cover the broadcast, so this is why we need sponsors as well.

How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
[ul]
[li]Full time seats will only be assigned to drivers who have shown good participation in their past PRL seasons, and to new drivers (innocent until proven guilty).[/li]
[li]Premium Members will always have a full time seat as long as they sign up 1 week before the season start.[/li]
[li]Last season's drivers will be assigned to a full time seats prior to the new drivers as long as they sign up 1 week before the season start. To be considered as a returning driver, you must have attended a minimum of 5 races.[/li]
[li]If you sign up but have not shown good participation in the past, you may be placed to the waiting list. If you get a full time seat, you'll have to prove us you can attend each race.[/li]
[/ul]
How can I become a Premium member? Click here for more information about the Premium Membership! Note that it is not mandatory.

Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? New drivers need a minimum license of C.

Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.

What happens if I'm removed from the full time driver list? You may be moved to the waiting list for one of the reason mentioned above. If you have paid and being moved on the Waiting list, you'll be refunded. If there is a seat that becomes free, you will be contacted by email or on the iRacing website.

What is the structure of a race day? 
[ul]
[li]Race Day: Thursday[/li]
[li]Practice: 6pm EDT (180 minutes)[/li]
[li]Qualifying: 9pm EDT (15 minutes)[/li]
[li]Race: 9:15pm EDT (45 minutes)[/li]
[/ul]
Is it open or fixed setup? 2020/S1 is open setup.

What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Rules document.

RULES & SETTINGS

All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.

It is mandatory to read the rules document. If you are not following rules, you may received a penalty or be excluded from the series.

SIGNUP SECTION

In favor to help us cover the broadcast expenses, we are asking all members a $10 entry fee.
 ​
[ul]
[li]The entry fee isn't refundable as soon as the season starts[/li]
[li]You will be removed from the driver list of you haven't paid a week prior the season start[/li]
[li]If you have paid and are moved to the waiting list because a Premium member or returning driver signup and the list is full, you'll be refunded.[/li]
[li]If you are on the waiting list, at the moment we are contacting you to give you a full time seat, you'll only have to pay for the remaining races ($1 per race).[/li]
[li]If we have two divisions, division 2 drivers must still pay and we will redistribute the money as gift during the season.[/li]
[/ul]
 ​
[iracing_sub][/iracing_sub]​

[iframe]https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzjXi-747pygQF4EuRsDYQk2nZZYrKZpNxkOX3uXd3BS9mqg/viewform?embedded=true, 640, 1639[/iframe]​

REGISTERED DRIVERS

[iframe]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRUPJjV_u_Eri-V9xAnP17XPqZvFwNIGlC8GMZRy1IFNhxCTWCHS0nVE7TAhmiCon3gfM59tXhVxfuV/pubhtml?gid=2142983872&single=true, 900, 1200[/iframe]​

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
I have to say, this is fantastic that signups are full guys!  Great to see so many returning drivers, and many premium members, thank you to all for your support to PRL.  I apologize for being absent at the end of last season, but my house move is finally complete and my PC is set back up so I can annoy everyone again!

I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone about attendance at the beginning of the season.  Since we have a waiting list started, we will be watching attendance in the races.  If you are going to miss a round, let us know in the round topic before the race.  If anyone misses 2 races in a row without letting management know ahead of time, you will lose your seat and a person from the wait list will take your place.  This is in the rules, so I hope everyone is familiar with it  :D.  It would not be fair to those patiently waiting to race to have us running grids that are not full.

If you have any questions regarding the season, feel free to message myself or Owen, and we can help you out.

kart7990

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Holland
iRacing ID
I'm sorry if this is mentioned somewhere above, but I didn't see anything in the legend regarding it, what does the '*' next to a drivers name indicate?

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
kart7990 said:
I'm sorry if this is mentioned somewhere above, but I didn't see anything in the legend regarding it, what does the '*' next to a drivers name indicate?

"*" indicate the driver username does not exist on our forum. They have been emailed to inform them to create an account otherwise they will be remove a week before the season start.

Fmontini

Name
Francisco Montini
iRacing ID
Hi guys, I am trying to pay the fee but paypal rejects all my payments with all my cards. I am waiting for a response from paypal.

kart7990

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Holland
iRacing ID
Fmontini said:
Hi guys, I am trying to pay the fee but paypal rejects all my payments with all my cards. I am waiting for a response from paypal.

You sure it's not maxed out from paying for all the repairs to your car last season?  :D :eek: ;) 

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Just a friendly reminder that all drivers who will not have paid by Dec. 5th or created an account on our forum will be removed from the series, even if they are returning or premium member.

Thanks!

Fmontini

Name
Francisco Montini
iRacing ID
kart7990 said:
Fmontini said:

You sure it's not maxed out from paying for all the repairs to your car last season?  :D :eek: ;) 

jajajajajjaaj maybe you 're right

tenor.gif

Fmontini

Name
Francisco Montini
iRacing ID
Well, my country banned transactions with paypal so I could not pay the registration. Also I see that I am out since they entered many "premium".
A pleasure to have participated in your championships! Happy Holidays!

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hi guys,

Thanks for all who have joined and signed up for the league, it's great to see such a huge group! Just another reminder, your registration is not guaranteed unless you have paid by December 5th. Drivers who have not paid by the 5th will be removed from the top 42 and placed on the waiting list, and drivers on the waiting list will be given your spot. 

See you guys in a couple of weeks!

Francisco, sorry about PayPal that sucks, hopefully it's only temporary. If you haven't already PM Jerome and PRL management and see if we can figure something out.

Neon

Name
So seeing as how I signed up pretty early, if I pay for a premium membership do I get in or am I SoL’ed?

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Neon said:
So seeing as how I signed up pretty early, if I pay for a premium membership do I get in or am I SoL’ed?

You can upgrade to a premium membership up to 1 week before the season start date.  However, at this point we are full of premium members already, so you would move to the top of the wait list.  This is completely unprecedented, and management is discussing how we should best handle situations like this moving forward.  This is simply growing pains of this series becoming so popular.

Neon

Name
Gunner said:
Neon said:

You can upgrade to a premium membership up to 1 week before the season start date.  However, at this point we are full of premium members already, so you would move to the top of the wait list.  This is completely unprecedented, and management is discussing how we should best handle situations like this moving forward.  This is simply growing pains of this series becoming so popular.

I figured that was the case, I thought because I had signed up so early I would have been safe, I guess I should have jumped onto the premium member train.  At this point I don’t see any benefit of being a premium member I’ll just wait and hope enough people don’t pay or show up and I get a shot.  I feel more for the 5 returning members. They should have  first shot at staying in the league then some random like me showing up and paying a little more to jump the line.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
The following drivers have been removed from the series because they haven't paid.

Takeshi Kita
Hugo Galaz
Lucio A. Vargas
Linden Swaby
Francisco P Montini
Jeffrey Rollette
Andres Espinoza

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
As you can all see, this series is very popular and we have premium members outside of the 42 permanent seats. As a results, we have decided to increase the field from 42 to 45 in favor to get a seat for premium and returning drivers.

Waiting at the start of the season
Geoff Jacobson
Josh Slade
Tristan Callahan
Rob DeLuca

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Tristan Callahan has withdraw from the series.

Waiting at the start of the season
Geoff Jacobson
Josh Slade
Rob DeLuca

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
League Invites have been sent to all drivers. If you don't know where it is please go to "Leagues>>>Pending League Requests". The league is "PRL Formula 3 Championship".

Also please review the car number that is assigned to you in the league page and make sure it is the same number you registered with. Let me know if it is incorrect.

See you guys next week!

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
Just question but would it be to much to open up the last three spots to allow everyone to race? I mean, I get the reason for limiting the field size due to a umber of reasons. Just thought I'd ask.

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Ken Rodriguez said:
Just  question but would it be to much to open up the last three spots to allow everyone to race? I mean, I get the reason for limiting the field size due to a umber of reasons. Just thought I'd ask.

I am not sure how the sessions are set up if they already are, so not too sure if it is still viable.  I will say though, probably a 90% chance of the 3 wait list members being able to race after Round 2.  It would be a PRL first if we had 100% attendance from all that signed up.