Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Setups

setup changes

• Keep the baseline and go to 30 gallons

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Wing to -5 and drop the rear stagger 2 clicks

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
If we select the wing and stagger option, does that mean the wing will no longer be adjustable? Because that is interesting to me.

Billy Rowlee

I vote keep the baseline. Or at least make no changes til we get to see how everything races when everything is correct.

This week the track reset back to 20% usage after practice, which made the heats kinda wide open around the place, but in the feature when it slicked off there was really good racing it seemed like. The invert also will make a big difference if we do that. Obviously that made the cars more free and you had to work the throttle and can't hold it wide open. If we take stagger out of the thing, its going to make it more locked down and take the driver out of it just a bit more. The wing in this build from full forward to fully put in the trunk makes a HUGE difference. In the heat race (before AJ crashed me), I was going to run the top with the wing fully forward, and in the feature running the bottom moved it all the way to the back and was fine.

I vote to change the stagger so you have the option to change the wing position so the guys who cant drive loose cars can actually compete with others without wrecking and will make the racing overall better in many ways because having the wing at -10 and its still loose is not working for alot of drivers, if you do this then you will have 1: Less Cautions 2: Less Incidents 3: More Contenders Battling For Positions.

I personally got PM'ed by 2 people last night for the race and they both said how the setup was horrifically loose and that resulted in 1 of them leaving because the setup was so loose, I am just doing this because as you see above ahunter27t said the setup was loose for him aswell.

This will NOT make the car super tight either this will only affect the handling of the car a little bit so you will see people out there running
" -5 " some running " -8 " I highly doubt anyone will be under -7 wing position..

GameOfJobes said:
If we select the wing and stagger option, does that mean the wing will no longer be adjustable? Because that is interesting to me.

Lower the stagger will give people room to play with the wing position so not everyone is running -10. Yes you can still change wing position's in the race etc just will tighten the car up for others who like tighter cars. 

Bradley Holly

Organizer
Full Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
if it give us just that little more adjustable for the wing during the race im all for it i feel like it will get drivers the ability to run a little strategy during the races

Status
Not open for further replies.