Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• Only a few places left for 2021 Season 4 in our MX-5 Cup! Other series signups are closed!

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 4 are currently closed for all series except MX-5 Cup!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Season 4 Race Organization

How do you think we should organize our races in Season 4?

• #1- The current system, 2 parties, manual cautions and 1 Stage break

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • #2- Use the automatic caution system, black flags on, 25%, with no Stage breaks

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • #3- Use the automatic caution system, black flags on, 25%, with 2 Stage breaks

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • #4- Use the automatic caution system, black flags on, 50%, with 2 Stage breaks

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S3
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S3
NASCAR Cup Series 2021/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2021/S4
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
This is a big one that touches on many issues and discussions that we have had about this current Season. Again, please vote and explain the pros and cons on why you voted a certain way. 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
My vote is for #2. Here is  why:

Pros:
[ol]
[li]We don't have to have 2 parties with leaders in Discord. This has been an issue with me personally this Season having to do so much directing, I have begun to lose focus while racing and it shows.[/li]
[li]Auto caution system, while not perfect, would be consistent.[/li]
[li]I'd love to have black flags to prevent pit road speeding.[/li]
[li]The game controlling everyone will get rid of the "restart issue" that has been discussed[/li]
[li]I hate Stages lol[/li]
[/ol]

Cons:
[ol]
[li]The games caution system might not be as forgiving as we are, so 1 spins and 3 or 4 slowed down might not get the break that we hand out.[/li]
[li]Races with a bunch of cautions will end very quickly. We would have more laps consumed under caution than what we have now, and that would limit the on track action.[/li]
[/ol]

If this rule was picked, we would also have to revamp some rules. Such as entering pit road would require riding the apron around turns 3/4 since we would not longer have the big parties to communicate. Also a penalty for those who rear-end another car into the pits and cause them a speeding penalty. Just 2 examples. Plus personally, a 50% is too long for me on a work night. And with cautions not as big of an issue as they have been in the past, I am open to giving the automated system a shot.

Meattyloaf

Name
I'm willing to try out the caution system it's improved a little bit and it only eats up 3 laps something we tend to do with most cautions anyways. It would get rid of a few formation issues we tend to have. However, as Hootie stated it does tend to be less forgiving than what we do now as a spinner or two in a single accident usually doesn't bring out a caution but it tends to be pretty consistent with pile ups. Also this system would take some of the issues of not getting caution calls out in time and it would allow us to go into overtime if a late race caution does pop up, but would get rid of racing back to the line. Races will probably be a few minutes shorter in some cases, but I'm fine with that. I love stage racing but at 25% it doesn't make much sense. Big bonus is that we may not ever run into a race being cut short by the timer, again, and I think black flags will add another realm of realism to the race and seem only to be thrown for two things pit road speeding and passing below the double yellow line

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
I would like to use the automated system, It may eat up laps but I feel the forced organizing of the game saves a lot of time, as well as Hoot explained the restart issue would be solved.  I also like a rule change about pit entry call outs for pits have been decent but there are still issues.  I like stages, I feel it helps people's patience knowing there is that break, and its a good feel when you may happen to get held up and know we will all get cought up.  I do feel 25% a little short to have a stage, but still like them as mentioned above

Sean420cali

Name
I like the current system the most it's not perfect but its fun. But I understand the desire to use auto cautions because communication is difficult for Hootie and Kdawg when ppl don't pipe down.
This game screwed up not doing online damage that would solve the problem right there. But i'm ok with trying auto cautions if everyone feels it will be better. I just don't have any desire to run 50 percent races just not for me.

ZeKe_h30

Premium Member
Name
Adam Zemke
iRacing ID
Can we at least agree to try these settings out on pre-season races to make sure it's not a shit show. How will we do setups? Same 2 lap pacing? Will the game call a caution if we are all going 60 mph on the 1st 2 laps? If we do stage breaks, the system is goofy, where what you have setup for pressures and wedge for a pit stop, are not the same for the break, and you will have to jam your setup in as fast as possible during the 20 second stage break. I think stage racing is stupid for us, and I would rather do # 2 to maximize laps we get to run. I'm still pretty fearful of running a 5 minute caution fest race. Will we abandon party chats? =/ Is the party chat really that bad? Can we just get Kdawg a megaphone?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
First off, this would definitely involve a preseason race or two like we always do before every season wether we change the rules or not.

Its not even Kdawg talking quite part that is the main party issue. Its been several times now that I make a call, or someone in the other party jumps to conclusions without hearing what i am calling and it gets people's nerves on end when an arguement comes out. Then all the side convos when KDawg and I are both trying to communicate wears on us. We are the only league in the PRL that has to jump through the hoops like we do because of this game. When the game first came out, we did a test and the group pacing around did not bring out a caution, only 2 cars spinning did.

And I agree, the Stage system is just a cluster and I hate those bonus points. The championship should come down to who the most consistent driver is, not who can lead a lap 25% into a race more than someone else.

What has also opened me up to this idea is that cautions have been down compared to last season. Only Indy has been a big issue. And if shenanigans happen and no yellow comes out, then the field gets spread out and it's even less likely.

vWardude

Premium Member
Name
I voted 2 but I still recommend party chats or discord for communication. Although I do like stages because it provides a driver a chance to make up points the could have previously lost in a race due to getting wrecked out, they really don’t make sense in a 25%

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Still have a handful of drivers still to vote. I'd like to hear everyone's feedback on this topic please.

Sassafrass_3

Name
I voted for option #2. I'm in favor of the least amount of live policing as possible and cautions being automated would relive the organizers big time. Also the lucky dog would be handled by the computer, is that correct? That's a big one too. The organizers in this league who are also racing spend way too much time trying to figure out who is the first car a lap down, who caused the caution, is everyone here, can we pit this time around, etc. Ain't nobody got time for that. And all the while other people are talking about what they saw, fuel, tires, what happened last week, etc. My experience with the party chat so for has been a nightmare and I don't even want to have my headphones on. I've never heard so many people talk about things that don't pertain to the event that's taking place in my life. We all want to have fun and talk and laugh but there is a race happening that needs to be controlled. I guess the only other thing that I would like to see is slightly longer tires and fuel. Seems like we end up pitting 19 time in a 40 lap race. Some longer runs would be nice.

ZeKe_h30

Premium Member
Name
Adam Zemke
iRacing ID
I like sassa's point about the lucky dog. That's a good one. I like the 3x wear better also, especially if we are going to have pit road speeding penalties, I would rather come to pit road less.

nickmichaud

Name
Everyone else has covered what I was going to say. I'll be happy with no stages. It's up to everyone else to be quiet for communication. I know myself I have my nic muted most of the race. Anything to speed the racea up I'm all for. The races start at 10pm for me so if we could get eliminate setbacks that would great.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Matt1983 said:
Can i join? What is the discord?  How do you be in discord and on PS4 at same time?

Sign ups are here     http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=1342

Discord is only for the PSN party leaders. Everyone else is in a party with one of the leaders.