Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Schedule

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
What is the schedule? We are following official iRacing Indy Pro 2000 Championship series schedule except we are not running any ovals. Can be review by management.

2021S2-INDY-PRO-2000-SERIES.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gseitz

Premium Member
Full Name
Greg Seitz
iRacing ID
Yeah, I love sitting behind the pace car for 90% of the race. Happy to see them dropped from the schedule.

FriskyCanuck

Premium Member
Full Name
Frank Nguyen
iRacing ID
If they could do it in officials we can do it here. Heat races with limited grid size will work better. I don't get having a thread about possible ideas to make the racing better and then end up not going through with any of it. Or even not giving feedback on them.

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Nobody is saying it can't be done... We're just re-evaluating things on our end. Implementation is always the hard part and we have a relatively quick turnaround between seasons.

Lots of questions come up with heat races - how does the broadcast work?

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Schedule flyer is up ! Races to be confirmed later.

FriskyCanuck

Premium Member
Full Name
Frank Nguyen
iRacing ID
Nobody is saying it can't be done... We're just re-evaluating things on our end. Implementation is always the hard part and we have a relatively quick turnaround between seasons.

Lots of questions come up with heat races - how does the broadcast work?
GSRC has done dirt track broadcasts with heat races.

Here's one of them:

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
They have, but we are likited tomour timeslot... So the downside to heat racing is that each driver has to sit and watch for half the session, correct?

FriskyCanuck

Premium Member
Full Name
Frank Nguyen
iRacing ID
It depends on how the heats are set up, I'll ask around a few of my contacts in the community who do oval races and are familiar with heat racing how they would set up heat racing with say 40ish drivers.

Another thing, if the no ovals is the final decision for this season, that would be 9 road courses left from the official series schedule. What would we use as the 10th track? The unraced road course from 2021 S1, Suzuka?

mclachlanol

Organizer
Full Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
The only thing I can say for certain is that we can't keep doing the standard oval format with 30-40 cars on track. It just isn't working out. I wish they were better, I love oval racing, it's a completely different kind of challenge and strategy to road racing, but, we've had 1 good race in the last three seasons with the rest being caution fests. The only choices in front of us really are to replace ovals completely, heat racing, or a combination of the two.

I know there are a few drivers who really love ovals, and as I said I'm actually one of them, so I understand it can be pretty disappointing to get rid of ovals, but we have to do what is best for the series and sitting behind a pace car for 45min is not an option anymore. Hopefully we will get a chance next week to try out heat racing and see how it works for us.

If we do replace some or all of the ovals with road courses they will likely be the either two other road courses not raced in PRL, the roval layout of the oval if feasible, or a voted in track by the community. Perhaps we will have several options up for a vote.

Let's see how it goes next week at USA Speedway and then we can go figure out the next move.