Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Say goodbye to the integrity of Season 14

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34663-major-bug-confirmed-higher-fps-lower-tyre-temps/

Just got back from vaca, so you guys have probably seen this already.  Basically, lower FPS = higher tire temps.  higher FPS = lower tire temps.

I say we just keep racing, and if everyone knows, they have the ability to adjust graphics settings, vsync, etc, in order to achieve a high FPS.

Honestly, with all the bugs in this game over the years, and the ability to flat out cheat in online races, it's hard to say if any of our seasons have had integrity!  Let's just have fun :)

iceman153

Name
Uhm, wow, I guess that helps explain why I've felt like I've been having worse tire wear than i used to get in previous games. I've been keeping my frame rate low to keep the game more stable, as i used to get random crashes without a cap. Have to wonder what else this bug impacts, brake temps, fuel usage?

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
yeah i just saw a video on this one as well. I have had mine locked to 60fps so far so its similar to ps4:

https://youtu.be/7P2q3E0-clg

Bobino12

Name
I think this news will force Codemasters to release another patch for this game when they had actually place a cover on it for good…Strange bug though…

I don’t agree we should say goodbye to the integrity of season 14. The race director (Darklol) could disable the carcass temperature option in the lobby. End of the story. That would remove one of the fun aspect of the game though.

Otherwise, I don’t see it as always a disavantage on track because someone with lower FPS will be able to heat his tyres quicker than others with higher FPS. That’s an avantage at the start of the race for the first laps but less later in the race if the temperature rise over 100 Celsius, which is the perfect operating temperatures.

The same when you exit the pits on Medium tyres, you know it will take about 2 laps to heat those tyres before beginning to feel them right. Those with lower FPS have an avantage here but a disavantage later. Overall, is it really unfair or could it be part of the strategy until the next patch? Someone who tends to overheat his tyres because of his driving style will always pay the price anyways.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
true bobino that is an option that we could use.

Darklol

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
wow typical Codemasters. I hope no one is limiting their framerates or using vsync. From that video, you need to run at least 75FPS to be ok but who knows... is this the case for all tracks ? is there tracks worse than others ? Wish I had my GTX1070TI in my racing pc instead of my GTX970. Wonder if this applies also to PS4 vs PS4 Pro.

As for the remaining races, I can remove carcass temps if you guys want, this just gives me another reason that I'm definitely not doing another season of 2018.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
So after comparing the race on ps4 which is locked around 60 and not having locked frames i can definitely tell the difference in quali and on the opening stint. IT basically comes down to not having to baby sit the tires as much. I was able to drive with some babysitting on PC but on PS4 I really had to be careful. It was still possible but you just have to drive slower.

Darklol

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
I don't think the consoles are the issue since those games are built for console and then ported to PC. Which is probably why we have the bug on PC.

Also I would be surprised to see on a graphically more demanding track is there a difference between a PS4 Pro and PS4. Because it may be capped but if a normal PS4 drops to 40-50fps in some heavy graphics situations like guys driving behind and seeing more cars versus a PS4 Pro in the same situation it might keep the steady 60FPS since its more powerful.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Yeah its probably they just designed around 60 because that is the console max, even for the PS4 pro (could be wrong). They still might just lock it to 60 with vsynch the only difference it being 4K.

Remember they did this shit before on previous F1 games. The higher FPS the more straight line speed. I remember us having to turn on v-sync in one of the earlier games 2014 or something....

Bobino12

Name
Before scrapping this great feature, we should know who's playing with less than 60 FPS in the league. Also, what are the positions of other leagues about this bug ?

Are we over reacting about this bug, especially with only three races to go in season 14?

If there's a season 15, we should think about it carefully if no patch is released to fix it.

Zephyr

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Ryan Kings
iRacing ID
I think we should just scrap it because any difference in FPS can hurt the tyres. Having your tyres too hot is a massive disadvantage in a race so I think we should just keep it equal even if it's less interesting.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
im cool with removing the carcass

moogleslam

Premium Member
Name
CM just issued a patch to fix this, so we can leave the carcass simulation as it was:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34935-patch-notes-for-116-release-information/

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
moogleslam said:
CM just issued a patch to fix this, so we can leave the carcass simulation as it was:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/34935-patch-notes-for-116-release-information/

Have to admit that Codemasters has stepped their game up when it comes to patching and it was done fairly quickly.  Gotta hand it to them for the patch work they have been doing this game.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Word on the street is this completely changed the tire model and you can run much more aggressive setups now so this might make the game feel a lot different now.