Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

S8 Sign Ups - Information, Rules and Settings

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the PRL NASCAR Truck Series! The Season 8 will be held in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Trucks.

This series is broadcasted by Global Sim Racing Channel!​
 ​
GSRC.png
 ​

If you are a returning driver, you'll notice that the signup process has changed a bit. It is very important to read the entire thread!

Series organizers: Charles Sumner, Bradley Holly, Brenden Chatley

INFORMATION & FAQ

When does the season start and end? Season 8 will start on June 19th and will end on August 21st.

How many races in the season? There will be 10 races in the season.

Is there any drop week? Each driver gets 1 drop week. There is no drop week for Team Championship but drivers' drop week are taken into account in the team standings. However, the Season Finale race will not be allowed to count as a drop week, only Races 1-9 will.

What day/time do races start? Races are on Wednesday. The session start at 6pm with the qualifying at 9pm (EDT).

How many seats are available? There is a maximum of 40 seats available.

How can I register? To register, you must first read the entire thread. After, at the bottom, you will find a Google Form that you'll need to fill. There is a $10 USD fee to signup.

Why are you charging entry fee? We are charging a $10 entry fee to help us cover the broadcast expenses. Even with entry fees, we don't have enough money to cover the broadcast, so this is why we need sponsors as well.

How can I make sure I'll have a seat? Here is the seat priority for this series:
[ul]
[li]Full time seats will only be assigned to drivers who have shown good participation in their past PRL seasons, and to new drivers (innocent until proven guilty).[/li]
[li]The Premium Members will always have a full time seat as soon as they sign up 1 week before the season start.[/li]
[li]The last season's drivers will be assigned to a full time seats prior to the new drivers as soon as they sign up 1 week before the season start. To be considered as a returning driver, you must have attended a minimum of 5 races.[/li]
[li]If you sign up but have not shown good participation in the past, you may be placed to the waiting list. If you get a full time seat, you'll have to prove us you can attend each race.[/li]
[/ul]
How can I become a Premium member? Click here for more information about the Premium Membership! Note that it is not mandatory.

Do I need to have a specific license, iRating or Safety Rating? New drivers need a minimum license of D.

Can I register as part of a team? Of course! But each driver of the team must create an account on the PRL forum and register for the series.

What happens if I'm removed from the full time driver list? You may be moved to the waiting list for one of the reason mentioned above. If you have paid and being moved on the Waiting list, you'll be refunded. If there is a seat that becomes free, you will be contacted by email or on the iRacing website.

What is the structure of a race day? 
[ul]
[li]Race Day: Wednesday[/li]
[li]Practice: 6pm EDT (180 minutes)[/li]
[li]Qualifying: 9pm EDT (5 minutes / 2 laps)[/li]
[li]Race: 9:05pm EDT (55 minutes (laps))[/li]
[/ul]
Is it open or fixed setup? Season 8 is fixed setup.

What is the points system? The full scoring system is available in the Results, Standings and Scoring System thread.

RULES & SETTINGS

All Official PRL Championship’s shall adhere to the site wide PRL Rules & iRacing Sporting Code. All rules mentioned below surpass PRL & iRacing Sporting Code rules.

Season Settings
[ul]
[li]Server: US-MA[/li]
[li]Race Day / Time: Wednesday. Session starts @ 6 PM EDT. 180 minutes practice, 5 minutes / 2 laps qualifying, up to 55 minutes race.[/li]
[li]Cars: NASCAR Camping World Chevrolet Silverado & NASCAR Camping World Toyota Tundra[/li]
[li]Setups: Fixed[/li]
[li]Weather: Dynamic Weather & Sky[/li]
[li]Track State / Marbles: 0% @ Start of practice, and it  carry over into the qualifying and race sessions without being refreshed. Marbles will be cleared at the start of qualifying.[/li]
[li]Starting Type: Rolling Start per Qualification order.[/li]
[li]Start / Restarts: iRacing Sporting Code restart applied (Article 6.8.2).[/li]
[li]Fast Repairs: 0[/li]
[li]Assists: No Assists, Clutch only[/li]
[li]Fuel Load: 85%[/li]
[li]Incident Limits: 13 for intermediate tracks, 17 for short tracks and superspeedway / 30 for roads[/li]
[li]Green-White-Checker Finishes (oval only): If server time allows, in the case of a late race caution, the league will attempt just 1 GWC finish. If the caution comes out again during the GWC, the race then will become official once the sim throws the caution flag.[/li]
[li]Schedule / Season Make-Up: 10 races that will follow iRacing NASCAR C Class Fixed schedule.[/li]
[/ul]
Entry Requirements
[ul]
[li]Must enter with the car number you signed up for the season with. (1 point penalty may be applied).[/li]
[li]You must use a wheel and pedals. Using any other type of input method is not allowed. (Mouse, Controller, etc.).[/li]
[li]iRating: no limit[/li]
[li]Licence: D class[/li]
[li]Must be a member of Precision Racing League on iRacing.[/li]
[li]Your paint must respect the iRacing Esports Network policy. If we received a complain from iESN or a company about a non-authorized paint or logo, you will be disqualified.[/li]
[/ul]
Voice Chat Rules for iRacing and Discord
[ul]
[li]Refrain from speaking to the general lobby during Qualifying and Race.[/li]
[li]Utilize Whisper on iRacing private channels to communicate to teammates/friends or team channel on Discord.[/li]
[li]Follow instructions given by Organizers, Management, and/or Race Control.[/li]
[li]Team room can be created, please ask your organizer.[/li]
[li]Be respectful to other participants. Cursing out, yelling, calling names, etc. Will Not Be Tolerated.[/li]
[/ul]
Series Rules
[ul]
[li]Drop Week - Over 10 races, each driver is allowed to drop their lowest scoring race, except for the Season Finale. This also includes any events you may have missed. Drop week is automatically applied after the 5th race of the season, and will recalculate on a weekly basis from there. There is no drop week for team championship, but drivers drop week is taking into account.[/li]
[li]Race Starts and Restarts: iRacing Sporting Code (Article 6.8.2). No 3-Wide into T1/T2. Only exception is if trying to avoid piling up the field.[/li]
[li]Wrecks / Towing: If your car cannot maintain speed following an accident, be respectful enough to Tow your car back to the pits.[/li]
[li]Intentional Wrecking: You are not allowed to intentionally wreck yourself or another driver during the official PRL session. This include Practice (to an extent), Qualifying and Race.[/li]
[li]Entering / Exiting Racing Surface: Always enter and exit the racing surface in the appropriate locations. Avoid stopping on the racing surface. (ie: Exiting pit lane on the backstretch which is policed by the sim)[/li]
[li]Racing Etiquette: Follow All iRacing Sporting Code. Lap down car(s) are to give way to Lead Lap car(s).[/li]
[li]Yellow Line: Drivers are not allowed to go below the yellow line at Daytona or Talladega to make a pass. Likewise, leading cars are not permitted to block another driver below the yellow line. [/li]
[li]Pit Road: All car(s) are to stay to the Right while going down Pit Road. A driver should not drive through more than 3 pit boxes entering or exiting their pit stall.[/li]
[li]Pulling Over on Pit Lane: You are allowed to Qualify, and then pull to the side on Pit Lane starts. If you do decide to fall to the back of the pack at the start of the race, and are the cause of an accident. You could possible receive an In-Race Penalty.[/li]
[li]Black Flag(s): Black Flag(s) can be cleared, if Admin deems appropriate and is not currently racing.
[ul]
[li]Reasons To Clear A Black Flag:
[ul]
[li]Using Pit Lane to avoid an accident on the front stretch.[/li]
[li]Clipping Pit Lane while trying to avoid an accident.[/li]
[li]Receiving a Black Flag for passing a car under yellow, when the car causing the issue should have Towed.[/li]
[li]Note that there is no race director and the organiser is racing as well. Therefore, your black flag may not be cleared.[/li]
[/ul]
[/li]
[/ul]
[/li]
[/ul]
Protesting On-Track Incidents
[ul]
[li]On track incidents should be avoided at all costs.[/li]
[li]PRL's Racing Rules and iRacing's Sporting Code are in effect for all official races through the season.[/li]
[li]Stewards can penalize a driver 1-+10 points up to even a disqualification. Number of points deducted take into account type of incident, magnitude of the incident as well as drivers in-season driving record.[/li]
[li]On track incidents should be reported to the PRL Stewards.[/li]
[/ul]

SIGNUP SECTION

In favor to help us cover the broadcast expenses, we are asking all members a $10 entry fee.
 ​
[ul]
[li]The entry fee isn't refundable as soon as the season starts[/li]
[li]If you have paid and are moved to the waiting list because a Premium member or returning driver signup and the list is full, you'll be refunded.[/li]
[li]If you are on the waiting list, at the moment we are contacting you to give you a full time seat, you'll only have to pay for the remaining races ($1 per race)[/li]
[/ul]
[iracing_sub][/iracing_sub]​

[iframe]https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTGxd06L5vlw4Ze9CIZvNAMtVT4r4ef9pPCZrIZRRk1I9vSg/viewform?embedded=true, 640, 1635[/iframe]​

REGISTERED DRIVERS

[iframe]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTbyhAl1ZfBgyzSfIttbWgiAHXovKoH7NDQ-pX53raAL8aop0sZtY6PpAsOY3f9fmht7Rq-5xyv6VD-/pubhtml?gid=163127834&single=true, 750, 900[/iframe]​

Hootius

Director
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
Ray Kingsbury said:
Can you confirm this is fixed setups? I thought I heard that it was open setups, but may have been mistaken.

Wednesday night truck league is Fixed set ups. Our new Sunday Cup series is Open sets

Brogs

Name
Hi all..I signed up..I'm old papyrus 2003 sim racer . Now that my kids are off to college starting to race again. It's been few months now and loving it. Only have D license for ovals . Hopefully I ll see u all on the track.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Brogs said:
Hi all..I signed up..I'm old  papyrus 2003 sim racer . Now that my kids are off to college starting to race again.  It's been few months now and loving it. Only have D license for ovals . Hopefully I ll see u all on the track.

Welcome aboard Brian. Keep an eye out for our practice sessions, happy to have you along to help with questions you might have, and our favorite techniques on how to wreck Bradley!

Brogs

Name
Lol..will do..very excited..I still have to find paint scheme for my truck. Not my strong suit so any help would be appreciated. I did update my gear recently. Went from t300rs to accuforce pro with fanatec elite lc. Has made a world of difference on the track for me. I ll for sure make next practice..tonight I m out with family.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Brogs said:
is it possible to change my number to #64? Also ..how do I get my send my truck to you ? Sorry but new at it. 

Go to your league registry email, it should have a link to edit your info and you can change your number there. Just have your paint loaded into TP and the broadcasters will get it. Just make sure that you only use sponsors you have permission from to use (ie, personal companies are fine any sponsor you can choose in the iRacing paint template is as well.)

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
Hey can I make a change to my truck manufacturer. I'll be running the new Silverado.

edit* nevermind I read charles post above.

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
Jason_00 said:
ColtonLayne said:
Hey can I make a change to my truck manufacturer. I'll be running the new Silverado.

edit* nevermind I read charles post above.

Will it have unicorns on it? And pretty pretty rainbows?

Gonna have to talk to Thomas about that one lol

Hootius

Director
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
10 days out and things are looking great so far. Only 3 drivers so far still need to pay the league dues, let please don't wait until the last minute. If you have paid it already, please let me know so I can look into it.

Also, you need to be apart of the Precision Racing League on iRacing to join the league sessions. I have sent out invites to Scott Metcalf, Kevin Fetty, Brian Brogan, Sean Dour and Collin Carroll. Please accept the invite or please reach out to me if you do not see the invite.

Also, please hit up the team thread if you have not already if you wish to make a run for the team championship. If you do not have a teammate, you can post in that thread to look for a teammate as well.

1RobertTYJ

Name
Today is one week from the start of the series... Does my donation cover the 10 $ up fee? And will I have an invite tonight on I racing to participate in practice tonight? Thanks

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
Being a premium member does not cover the $10 for this series. You are free to attend the race tonight. It will be under the hosted section of iracing under my name. The password is prltrucks

Hootius

Director
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
As Brendan mentioned, the premium membership is it's own perks that carries with you throughout your career in the PRL, but it does not cover individual league dues.

With that, we are currently at 34 signed up, with 29 already paid. For those who have not paid yet, I personally ask to please do so by the weekend if you are still interested in running. I'd rather not have to dig through a bunch of emails as I am trying to prepare for the race on Wednesday to confirm everything is okay dokey.

And as for the preseason, everyone is absolutely invited tonight regardless if dues have been paid or not. There are alot of guys who have not race around each other before, and track time with one another is key to put on a good show and have good battles. Hope to have a good turn out tonight.