Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

S18 poll: Should we carry over track state from practice?

Should we carry over track state from practice?

• Yes

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Hey guys,

Here is the first poll for Season 18! 3 or 4 seasons ago, as requested by members, we have deceided to not carry over the track state from practice for the qualifying in favor to get a clean track, Not it has been suggested to revert back this so we carry over the track state from practice to qualifying.

What's your thoughts on it!

POLL WILL BE OPEN FOR 14 DAYS!

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
Just my opinion on this:

I think we should NOT have a CLEAN track for qualifying. iRacing has the IMSA series start with a minimum of 10% useage for qualifying. I think this would be a better fit for us. Having it completely clean does have "dirt" on the track which does make for interesting quals. Then when the race starts, we take the qual state and carry it over to the race.

Although, no track that I know of cleans a track from practice to qual to race.   Can we have another poll option for other? lol

Miker9253

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
Less Rubber means Less Grip and slower lap times

A lot of incidents are created early in a race from clearing track state in my opinion.

I agree with Cory, NO where in the World of Motorsports does any track CLEAR the Rubber before any session or Race.

Driving a track that is the same as you just got off, makes way more sense to me and is as realistic as it can get.

I know not 1 negative situation leaving track state alone can create, but a ton of positives.

FLMontini

Name
Federico Luis Montini
iRacing ID
Hi to everyone.- I totally agree with Kirru about going out to qualify with the same track conditions as practice.-But the question is....Are we going to start the race with same track state from practice? I thing maybe we need to make a cut at some point

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
Also, I should note that when I say that "we should NOT have a CLEAN track for qualifying."  This can be done to iRacing official series way of being minimum useage of 10% on up or we can vote on our own useage. But totally clean, that needs to change.
All the details can be ironed out at a later point in time for sure though.

jalmenar

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Jonathan Almenar
iRacing ID
Miker9253 said:
Less Rubber means Less Grip and slower lap times

A lot of incidents are created early in a race from clearing track state in my opinion.

I agree with Cory, NO where in the World of Motorsports does any track CLEAR the Rubber before any session or Race.

Driving a track that is the same as you just got off, makes way more sense to me and is as realistic as it can get.

I know not 1 negative situation leaving track state alone can create, but a ton of positives.

The way I see this, is simple, for the sake of less accidents, we should carry over track state from practice. Everyone will benefit from this change. YES! aliens will too, but they will benefit from anything regardless, even from snow storms.

More grip should result in more consistency from all drivers, resulting in  more players finishing races, thus making everyone happy, and consequently everyone liking PRL leagues more ;)  

Cody Bauman

Name
Track state should carry from practice to quali, and from quali to race.

Just like real racing events....

Although, main races for the real IMSA series are held the day after quali, but other races happen on the main race day so they never start on a cleaned track.

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
I agree with the comments above. Let's keep things as close as possible to real conditions. I also think there is a benefit in having a track with more grip at the start of the race. Avoidable early race incidents makes for a better overall race for everyone.