Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

S16 poll: Next season car!

Which series would you like to drive next season?

• F3 Championship

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Formula 3.5 Championship

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • IndyCar Series - Road

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Formula Renault 2.0

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Classic Lotus Grand Prix

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • VRS GT Sprint Series

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Advanced Mazda MX-5 Cup Series

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Let's get this straight and vote for next season car!! Multiple choices can be selected. Note that this will be open setup!

POLL WILL BE CLOSED IN 14 DAYS.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
As much as I like GT3 cars, wasnt it stated a few seasons ago that Thursday will remain an open wheel series since there is already a GT series running in PRL, the tintops shouldnt be an option on this list...... especially the Mazda lol

This could be a joke but it's obviously in the running of this poll lol

That said, everyone should be honest with themselves in what car they can actually handle throughout a season. I would personally love the FR3.5 or the L79 but even F3 is proving to be tough to handle for some. I think that if we go to a higher tier car, we should have a smaller grid to make it less of a warzone out there.

Its important to let as many people participate as possible but the quality of racing needs to be considered as well.

Jay Steffey

Name
I don’t mind the bigger grids, it’s just the first lap craziness. I was a victim on turn one at barthust unintentionally, but it stung that I was only able to race 300 feet. I don’t know how it could work, but something that penalizes drivers who make contact in the 1st 4 or 5 corners.  That might settle things down a little at the beginning of a race. 

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Jay Steffey said:
I don’t mind the bigger grids, it’s just the first lap craziness. I was a victim on turn one at barthust unintentionally, but it stung that I was only able to race 300 feet. I don’t know how it could work, but something that penalizes drivers who make contact in the 1st 4 or 5 corners.

That would require more work fofoe the stewards and I dont see something like that working for them, unless they increase the size of their staff.

Also, I'm sure many incidents will be considered a racing incident unless its was outright intentional. Grid size is a problem when it comes to the starts but part of the problem is the large variation of skill levels on the same grid. If everyone on the grid was around 3000 iRating and has at least 1 year of experience, the starts would look drastically different

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
As much as I like GT3 cars, wasnt it stated a few seasons ago that Thursday will remain an open wheel series since there is already a GT series running in PRL, the tintops shouldnt be an option on this list...... especially the Mazda lol

It was implied by one person that Thursday should be open wheel. It was never a league policy. 

And with all the ridiculous incidents we’ve had in the F3, i don’t think going to a higher tier car would benefit anyone. To be honest, we all need to go back to the skippy or Mazda and learn some race craft. 

Frankly it’s embarrassing. But luckily GSRC chooses to not focus on these stupid mistakes. 

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
With Dave on this one. I’m not trying to start a war or point fingers but if you would look at the ppl causing lap 1 incidents I bet you may surprised that it is usually higher than a 3k iracing not lower. Again no one in mind at all on the post but the back half of the field is usually the more tame area hence why there is always talk of not posting a quali time

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:

That said, everyone should be honest with themselves in what car they can actually handle throughout a season. I would personally love the FR3.5 or the L79 but even F3 is proving to be tough to handle for some. I think that if we go to a higher tier car, we should have a smaller grid to make it less of a warzone out there.

Its important to let as many people participate as possible but the quality of racing needs to be considered as well.

Im going to say things here, and i will be as nice as possible, but your comments are sometimes silly. When it comes to car control you have an issue no matter what it is we drive, let's talk about you not taking a tow on the mountain because you spun, then ruined multiple drivers races, that to me is the war zone you speak of. So this is only one example of many I could rattle off. 

The Mazda was my vote and i think it could be the proper choice for the group, from the standpoint of what i see on the broadcasts its not real impressive minus a handful of good battles where nobody has died. Like I mentioned in my other post the other day, I should not be finishing p6/p7 starting from dead last?

Selection of a car in hopes of less people showing because its to crowded for you is probably one of the most polar opposite things PRL is doing here, i mean why would they want less people, again silly? Work on race craft, learn how to drive in large groups would be the better option, and the best quality racing for a broadcast.

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
I think anyone who rage quit the league in the middle of last season shouldnt get a vote.

And I forgot about this from Radical season, I can't agree more.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I haven't vote yet, but I'm leaning towards either sticking with the F3 until we can learn it or voting to go to the Mazda. It's not in the poll, but all I really want is to go back to the Skippy. It gave us the best wheel to wheel battles, has a huge following on iracing, and the official schedule runs hourly so it gives us plenty of opportunity to practice in officials for the big race on Thursday.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
CajunGrit said:
DEADZERO said:

It was implied by one person that Thursday should be open wheel. It was never a league policy. 

My mistake, that one person was Jerome that said it so I thought it was a league decision.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Guys keep this topic civilized or the management team alone will make the car decision ...

kart7990

Premium Member
Name
David Holland
iRacing ID
The F3.5 is too much for us. Even with a field of high skill drivers, the quality of racing isn't that great. I still think the F3 is the best trade off in terms of speed, racing quality, and skill cap. Giving more than one season for everyone to become familiar and comfortable with a car seems to make sense. There is a pretty good group of 10ish drivers I would say are competitive up front each week in terms of being able to throw down a fast time. I think at least some of the problem is the setups being run. They are fast, but too unstable for a 45 min race. I'm not sure if others are getting better at putting together a stable setup, but we are. Learning how to setup a car takes time, I'm not sure jumping from car to car each season is the best approach unless it's a complete disaster...which maybe we should write this off as a disaster, idk. The remaining tracks are all at least decent for the F3. Bathurst and Mosport were stupid for the official series to run with this car. I guess what I'm saying is I think we can do better in the F3 if given another season, but maybe I haven't been around long enough and am a bit too optimistic.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile said:
DEADZERO said:

Im going to say things here, and i will be as nice as possible, but your comments are sometimes silly. When it comes to car control you have an issue no matter what it is we drive, let's talk about you not taking a tow on the mountain because you spun, then ruined multiple drivers races, that to me is the war zone you speak of. So this is only one example of many I could rattle off. 

The Mazda was my vote and i think it could be the proper choice for the group, from the standpoint of what i see on the broadcasts its not real impressive minus a handful of good battles where nobody has died. Like I mentioned in my other post the other day, I should not be finishing p6/p7 starting from dead last?

Selection of a car in hopes of less people showing because its to crowded for you is probably one of the most polar opposite things PRL is doing here, i mean why would they want less people, again silly? Work on race craft, learn how to drive in large groups would be the better option, and the best quality racing for a broadcast.

I mean you're going off on me for not towing in the mountain when Zegers and Montini was behind me by less than 2 seconds. Its impossible to slide into a wall and take a tow in 2 seconds. Before I could even look at my relative, I was hit by Zegers. At what point did it look like I was purposely trying to ruin anyone a races?

Telling me to learn race craft? Cmon man, every pass I've made this season was clean and I havent touched any cars this season. What you saw on the broadcast between me anand Padovani at COTA was netcode which I showed to Tyler.

I have 18 incident points in 5 starts, 8 of which were accidents that caused me to DNF and the rest were off tracks. Your buddy Richard's has 50 incident points in 4 starts. Direct your comments properly. I dont even know what your issue is with me because I have never been beside you once on the track this season.

The attitude in this series is going bananas. At no point did I target anyone or even say anything negative about anything and you come in here attacking me. If you want to debate then use your opinions, dont just target me.

Rem Ambruosi

Name
You pay your fees, you get a vote, end of story...………………...And as for the underlining ***** slapping that's going on, are you guys 5yrs old, and the bully on the play ground has stolen your lunch, cause that's the way these comments are coming across. The endless complaints over a game, and yes we all put in time, and yes sometimes drivers get caught up in crap on the track, again, a game, and that's all it is, unless any of you are actually getting paid to race, then you can ***** all you like.