Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

S13 Discussion Thread

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Hey gents, let go ahead and start talking next season since it will be here before we know it.

I encourage everyone to use the Feedback & Suggestion thread and let us know what you think is best for the League (or PRL in general) moving forward, no matter how big or little you feel the change would be.

I will start the discussion with this major announcement though. Lets be honest, Fixed Xfinity is not working. Attendance is nose diving and guys continue to be unhappy with the setups. And with the hopes of having our next season being broadcasted, we need a major change. That change will come with Open setups, and an upgrade to the A Class Cup cars. With the feedback of others (myself included), these new package of Cup cars is really run to drive and I personally feel it will show on the broadcast as well. I know this may cause a few to be  unhappy due to not wanting to deal with setups, but I feel this is the change the League needs to move forward in a bigger direction and to give the PRL a strong oval presence once again. 

So lets hear it gentlemen, what do you suggest for next Season?

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
Personally I'm fine with going to A car but I disagree with the fact that open setups will change anything in a positive manner with attendance and quality of racing.

I fear that the change to open will shift the league to a different type of competition, and while I welcome the challenge of possibly new or faster drivers, I dislike the type of people that open has brought into here in the past. We've seen over aggressive and entitled drivers drawn into the league with open sets and I fear that the tone of the league could change from what we have now thats a friendly easy going group who can still race hard to a group where everyone doesn't talk to one another and can't race as well on the track without having more incidents and other shenanigans.

That being said I will more than likely be here no matter what the decision, I mean it was my first and basically my only iRacing league despite a short run with xtrememotorsports99 (and they were absolutely not as fun as this league has been) and I plan to stick around as long as I'm doing iRacing but I do wish if we would try and see first if a broadcast or the car change would bring more folks in before we change in such a drastic change.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
I'm not one for open sets, just for the added prac. time needed, if guys already have the sets then it's nothing to them. I for one wont race it for the lack of time, but I do think guys who like open should have a series.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
What would you guys think about going to 3 or 4 man teams to help with bouncing setup ideas off of each other?

fotors3

Premium Member
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
There are many guides online on how to tweak setups along with youtube videos. Start with VRS sets and go from there. I'm looking forward to an open A car.