Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

***S13 Car Discussion Voting***

New vehicle for S13

• GTE open setups

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • GTE fixed setups

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • LMP1 fixed setups

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • V8SC fixed setups

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Putting it up to a vote again.  Last season it was a 50/50 split with GTE and GT3,  So we stayed with the G T3 since it has a history of successful seasons.  Adding a 3rd option this time. If that 3rd option wins, we'll go to another vote.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1 week to go for votes. Looks like a possible car change!!!

Mark_LD

Premium Member
Name
Mark Miller
iRacing ID
I would like to add my 2 cents... The car change is a great idea seeing that we have been running GT3 for 12 seasons. And change is sometimes a good thing.

BUT.... I would like ask that if we change the car, can we move to fixed set ups. Some of us can't spend every moment on PCars2 working on setups, thus my massive failure this season. In the past there was time for set up work. I know that we have lost a few guys from the league out of frustration of working all week on a set up only to be crashed out in the 1st lap whether it be a the driver or a racing incident.  

It has been stated in some of the posts that I have been reading, fixed set ups would level the playing field a bit better, or at least I would think. It may or may not bring back some people. Also I would hope that fixed setups would make the racing closer/tighter from a broadcast stand point.

So with all that said I could just be talking out of my a$$ and all of this is for not....

See ya next season whatever it may become

Fifi

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Starting a new poll. Only 3 votes out of the 16 wished to stay with GT3 open, so we will change out of this format for the first time. Let's start another discussion and a new vote!!!

If a fixed setup vote wins, we will select 1 manufacturer within the group to run as league for fairness purposes. Of course the car with at least 8 unique liveries will be a big factor in that choosing.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
I as well just cant put in the time for setups, I like to blame the Lambo, for my plunge that made it feel like every race was a trip to the dentist, but 1 Mac setup and I took pole and Barne took the win. I like to do multi leagues, but setups usually take a good 4 hrs a week for me.

twotonetommy

GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Pete Thomas
iRacing ID
I retract my vote for GTE fixed setups - made in error. I want to modify my setup.

I have played fixed setups in the past and they were all strange. I did one in Monza and a few cars had way more speed then me on the straights. Somehow the they managed to change there setup in a fixed setup race.