Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

S12 Vehicle League Poll

Which would you like to drive in Season 12?

• Stay with GT3 since the league has been a success

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Try a GTE season and revert back if it doesn't fit for us

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Doesn't matter, just give me 4 wheels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Alright gents. Let's start yapping now. There will be several polls going over the next few weeks. With all polls, It needs to be a clear majority to make a rule change. Each rule change has it's pros and cons, so feel free to give feedback when you vote. You can change your vote if you wish as the conversation continues.

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
I'll start off. I'm not voting since I am happy to broadcast either. GTE has less options in manufacturers, but that could help with performance diversity based on vehicles. GTE lacks ABS, so there will be a learning curve for some. GTE might not be the best for some of the non-circuit based tracks we do from time to time.

Ultimately, I dont see the jump to GTE as a huge, potential league effected issue, so I have no push back against trying it out for a season, even though this league has been very successful as a GT3 league. This is all on you drivers and you have my support.

XSYSE

Premium Member
Full Name
Robert Besaw Jr
iRacing ID
It may just be me, but I feel these "exotic" beefier cars are better. I feel they drive better turn better and may be a hit easier to handle. Example being I hoped into the LMP1, grass-rumble strips it didnt matter even on default the car drive itself and may limit the amount of crashes or offs we have in league races. That being said default would have to be the setup.

Hootius

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
That's a good point about the more stable of handling. I was just thinking of for a long the lines of the cars width on some of those skinnier tracks. If we were to make a swap, we would want to prioritize the schedule appropriately for that type of car. Granted if somebody sponsors a track, then that's gonna be on them, even though I may try to give some feedback.