Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

RV living / iRacing

James Duerr

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
Name
James J.Duerr
iRacing ID
Someone mentioned racing from an RV last night @ Martinsville.
This is a subject I have some questions about. Internet availability? How you setup your rig? etc.
Since my injury & no longer working we have this big house I can no longer keep up. The kids are all grown. Just giving allot of thought to selling the house and hitting the road.
Every morning my wife spends an hour or better looking at different 5th wheels on You Tube. She is sold on the mid bunk designs, probably so she doesn't have to look at my racing rig (LOL)

Kemosobie03

Premium Member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Patrick Cowgill
iRacing ID
I believe that would be Paul Johnson that has been "racing" from his RV, if that's what you want to call it lol.

soupflakes

Name
Sweet. I actually know way too much about RVs. I used to rent them. For living in I would HIGHLY recommend a fifth wheel, with the FRONT entertainment room. Basically the whole nose is a sweet entertainment room, and its open to the main kitchen area below, with the bedroom in the back. If I were living in an RV I'd look at Jayco or Grand design. Grand design is arguably one of the best on the market right now. Qnd when you buy one, you should be able to get qt LEAST 30% off sticker. 25% is a fair deal we bought a 2020 Dutchman astoria travel trailer. Its book value was like 45k and we got it out the door for $30500. For internet you would just use Fios. I use my hotspot and uts lightning fast compared to what I've been racing on dsl at home for 4 years. More than fast enough.

James Duerr

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
Name
James J.Duerr
iRacing ID
Thanks, I guess that is my biggest question... internet coverage. I have friends that still can't get decent home internet, so that has been a concern.

Attachments

• 55 twitter nomad.jpg
    55 twitter nomad.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1